PDA

View Full Version : Kia's story at the local humane society

ramanth
03-24-2004, 12:53 PM
The Capital Area Humane Society (where I adopted Kia), recently re-designed their website and they have a 'Success Stories' section.

I submitted my story last month and they wrote me back saying they had put it up. :D

http://www.cahs-lansing.org/happytails.html

They also said they may put her story in the mailer they send out. :D

She's quite the star lately..... LOL!

This was her picture on their website when she was up for adoption..

http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/kiamisc/Kia.jpg

jenfer
03-24-2004, 01:51 PM
That is great! :D Kia is a superstar!!! :)

K9soul
03-24-2004, 01:53 PM
That's wonderful Kimmy! I could never have resisted those eyes either! :D

You and Kia were obviously a mutual blessing to each other. What a wonderful story, thanks for sharing the link and I'm so glad you are a part of Pet Talk so that I may know Kia through your pictures and words!

Kona & Oreo's mom
03-24-2004, 02:39 PM
Oh, the picture you chose for the success story has just the MOST ADORABLE SMILE! :D Kia is star material!

tatsxxx11
03-24-2004, 03:16 PM
You were always a star, beautiful Kia and now you're a super star!:) Just look at that photo! Who could resist that gorgeous face? Thanks so much Kimmy for the "happy tails" update and the link to her story. Your heart must be bursting with pride. How lucky you two were to have found each other. Congratulations Kia and Kimmy!:)

My Cody was just recently highlighted on the adopton success stories page at the county shelter from which she was adopted! They wanted to have her on their weekend TV show (local access channel) but we couldn't make it down for the filming:(

Cincy'sMom
03-24-2004, 03:30 PM
Congrats Kim and Kia!!! What an honor to know such a famous dog!!!

lizbud
03-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Congratulations Kia & Kim.:) I always thought Kia was Star
material.:D I loved your story of finding her at the Humane Society. What a wonderful success story. In her picture on the
adoption website, Kia looks like she's saying; "Here I am mom,
can we go home now, huh, O.K. ?

Kia's eyes would be hard to resist.:D Great story.

Moose
03-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Aww, congrats! She's so gorgeous...:eek:

I couldn't help but look at the adoptable dogs on that site and I've absolutely fallen in love with this girl:
http://www.cahs-lansing.org/PetGalleryDownloads/dogs%203.15.04/CiennaD074833.jpg

Think Josh would mind another? --sigh--

sabies
03-24-2004, 07:44 PM
Congratulations Kia! Both stories on the site are so sweet. Kia I'm sure the picture of your smile brightens many people's days.

shais_mom
03-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Aww I got goosebumps reading the story!! Big kisses to Kia! and mommy!

lovemyshiba
03-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Beautiful story Kimmy!!!

Kia sure is getting some attention these days--I may have to request a pawtograph!!!!!

:)

Lissa
03-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Congrats! Now I can say I know a star! I want a pawgraph too!

trayi52
03-24-2004, 11:36 PM
What a wonderful story! Congratulations to you and Kia!

Willie:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-25-2004, 06:49 AM
AWWWWWWW

So cool that you have Kia's success story on their site! ! What a great way to encourage people to adopt doggies and kitties from shelters!!

:D :D :D

*KISSES FOR KIA*

ramanth
03-25-2004, 08:20 AM
Kia and I say THANK YOU and Everyone gets a Pawtograph. :D

taxxx1... CONGRATS to you and Cody! :D I say we need PICTURES! :D

Moose..isn't that guy handsome? I couldn't resist looking at the dogs.. *sighs* That cattle dog mix caught my eye too. :)

And I'm glad to share the page with Hooch. He's so cute!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Great story, Kimmy! What a wonderful pair you and Kia make!!