PDA

View Full Version : Furkids and Step-furparents

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 12:41 AM
I just had to put a thread up here cuz i'm just so damn happy. I don't know how many of you have ever been involved with someone who just didn't appreciate your animals. Either the don't like cats, or your dogs for some reason just piss them off... It's not fun. My ex was like that. From day one, she didn't like my kids. She'd yell at my dogs if they came up to her when she came home, "Get the f*ck away from me!" I know I know.. I should have dropped the chick as soon as I realised she didn't like them. But I didn't. Until about a month ago... go me!

Now, I'm seeing someone who just adores them! She's allergic to cats, but has started taking allergy meds for it and doesn't expect me to get rid of them for her. She loves my dogs and anytime she talks about the future she includes them in everything. it's just so damn great being with someone who accepts me and my whole family for once!

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on how everything develops, n stuff. :)

wolfie
03-24-2004, 12:45 AM
That's great! Animals are part of our family too, and anyone who doesn't accept that isn't worth it. :p

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 12:47 AM
It still baffles me from time to time... she was just over here today and actually greeted my dogs before she said hi to me. Totally threw me off! LoL I don't think she'd let me get rid of them if i wanted to.

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-24-2004, 01:05 AM
That's great! Good on you for taking the step to end something that wasn't working for you - and what a great result! A new GF who is an animal lover!

trayi52
03-24-2004, 01:05 AM
That exactly what you want in a relationship. If you are an animal lover and you have housepets and you want to keep them, live in harmony, then don't get involved with somebody that don't have the same love for animals that you do.

You will be a lot happier with somebody that shares your love for your animals too. I think it was great that she came in and spoke to your dogs before she did you! Now that will be a match made in heaven!

I have to listen to my husband complain about my dogs, my cats all the time. But I have been with him for almost 34 years I feel that I just have to accept it. So you be picky about your partner, and if you find somebody that shares that same love that you do, then I say you are very lucky!

Willie:)

Kfamr
03-24-2004, 02:03 AM
I'm really happy for you.

Laura told me about your problems with that girl. I would have said BYE BYE right away! :p

Sounds like you found a "good one" this time!:D

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 03:00 AM
LOL Oh so Laura's been gossiping about me, eh? ;) Yeah, the other chick was bad news... the things you do when you think you love someone, eh? :rolleyes: I got lucky with this one, tho. I think even Laura would admit that we're good for each other. And anyone who digs my animals is worth a shot in my book! :)

lynnestankard
03-24-2004, 04:51 AM
I'm so pleased you came to your senses and found a pet loving lady!!!!

It must make life so much easier :D :D

Yep - it's a good sign when people coming into your house greet your pets before you! A true animal lover methinks!

Lynne

trayi52
03-24-2004, 07:57 AM
Hey I remember her worrying about you too! Laura was really worried about you! Well I am glad you decided to do the right thing and kick that one to the gutter as they say. I would say you done the right thing for sure, for sure.

Willie:)

catnapper
03-24-2004, 09:47 AM
OMG! That was MY life a few years ago. I was head-over-heels in love with someone who HATED Nicki. I didn't know that until long into our relationship and one night instead of nudging her away from him like he'd usually do, he KICKED her. I didn't say anything because, well, I didn't. The next time he kicked her harder. Then one more time harder. I broke up with him because of it.

Then I met my hubby online.... his opening sentence to me was, "hi. I'm sitting here with my dog Sammie and we're just surfing the net and watching tv." WE? Him and Sammie? Ohhh, I was in love!:)

We dated briefly before getting engaged and then married 9 months after the day we met in person. He loves my Nicki and she absoutely adores him (ok, she worships the ground he walks on.) He can be found cuddling the cats and telling all three that he loves them. He tells me to go into the livingroom just so I can see something cute one of the three are doing.

Yes, its truly a wonderful thing when the person you love loves your animals too.:D

PS: Do I hear wedding bells?

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 11:34 AM
At least I know I'm not the only one out there to have ever dealt with a partner who didn't like animals. My current partner can't understand how anyone can NOT like Charlie (my imperfect Corgi). I have a sneaking suspicion that if this goes long-term, my pup with the lop-ear will end up being her baby. hehehe And... get this... not only does she accept the kids I have now, but she's totally ok with me wanting a veritable zoo. ie. ferrets, birds, fish, etc.

My ex kept trying to convince me that I needed to get rid of most of my animals. Including Joey, a cat I'd found in a shoebox by a dumpster when he was all of 4 weeks old and bottle fed. What kind of person would ask someone they're supposed to love to get rid of their child?? Cuz that was basically what she was asking me to do. What the hell was I thinking??? :eek:

As for wedding bells............ if I'm lucky she'll decide I'm worth spending the rest of her life with. ;)

Uabassoon
03-24-2004, 11:44 AM
I think even Laura would admit that we're good for each other.

Well...... she is a step up from the last girl. Actually, I agree. I think you picked a winner this time.

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Honey... my dead rose bush is a step up from the last chick... My car tire is a step up... a pet rock!!

But thank you, darlin'... I'm sure Bella would be happy to know you approve me of dating your mom. ;)

Uabassoon
03-24-2004, 11:53 AM
LOL I'm picturing you showing up at the clubs with a dead rose bush as your date.

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 11:55 AM
Hey, I'd make an entrance... I'll uproot it and put a dress on it and take it to the ball!

green_chameleon_girl
03-24-2004, 05:15 PM
See someone like that is perfect for you! YOur other girlfriend was probably afraid of them or something;)