PDA

View Full Version : Pet Talk Prayers Needed

krazyaboutkatz
03-24-2004, 12:24 AM
Hi everyone. I really need some prayers and positive thoughts sent my way. I found a lump in my right breast last night and I'm very scared.:( Since my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was 63, I didn't want to take any chances so I made a doctor's appointment today. I went this afternoon and was only able to see a physicians assistant. She was very nice and very informative about breast cancer. My current doctor is on maturnity leave.

She confirmed that she did feel a lump in right breast and then referred me to radiology for a mammogram within 7 days. I go on March 30th at 9:30am. I won't know the results for at least 4 days and since this is a Tues. I'll have to wait until Mon. April 5th.:( She also said that she'll be referring me to a surgeon to see what he/she will want to do about the lump. This will happen no matter if it turns out positive or negative. I may also need to have an ultrasound done and if so she'll refer me for this too. She said it may be a benign cyst and this is what I'm hoping for too.

I haven't told any co-workers or family members yet but I'll most likely tell my parents by this weekend. I don't want to upset anyone. I'm trying to stay positive about the outcome and to stay preoccupied so I won't worry too much. Please send some positive vibes and prayers my way. Thanks in advance.

Tracey

popcornbird
03-24-2004, 12:31 AM
:( Tracey, I will definitely be praying for you, and hoping all is well and that its nothing serious at all. Take care, and try not to worry too much. Will be praying hard for you. Keep us updated. {{{hugs}}}

jenfer
03-24-2004, 12:33 AM
Tracey, you will be in my prayer, I hope everything will be alright. Take care and don't worry too much!!

trayi52
03-24-2004, 12:43 AM
Tracey, Sending prayers your way. Please try not to worry too much. I know that is easier said than done.

Willie

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-24-2004, 01:02 AM
Tracey, I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

BCBlondie
03-24-2004, 01:03 AM
Yikes. I hope this doesn't turn out as bad as it sounds and that you'll make a fast recovery and the bump will go away (or will be removed successfully). I have known several people (as well as animals) with cancer. I've heard quite a few success stories so don't worry! We're here for ya too!:)

koxka
03-24-2004, 02:02 AM
Positive thoughts sent to your way.I'll be thinking on you till the results outcomes and hopping hardly is only a benign cyst

Barbara
03-24-2004, 02:56 AM
Tracey, we keep all our fingers and paws crossed. If the radiologist is experienced he/she can tell you already what she thinks it could be. I think an ultrasound might be helpful anyway as the diagnosis is much more precise if you add the mammogram and the ultrasound.

I think of you. Nosekissies from Filou and Tigris:)

Vio&Juni
03-24-2004, 03:45 AM
I will be thinking of you, Tracey.

I had a surgery and I am happy I removed whatever that was. Think positive!

lynnestankard
03-24-2004, 04:46 AM
Prayers winging across the miles Tracey - chin up sweetheart.

Love Lynne

jenluckenbach
03-24-2004, 04:50 AM
Sending you prayers and good wishes.

Randi
03-24-2004, 05:27 AM
Tracey, I know the waiting are the worst, but try not to worry too much. I hope it's nothing serious!

Fingers and paws are crossed for you!

Hugs from us!!

neko1
03-24-2004, 06:09 AM
Sending you prayers, give the kitties lots of kisses to keep you occupied!

ChrisH
03-24-2004, 06:15 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Hugs
Chris

catnapper
03-24-2004, 06:18 AM
Prayers and hugs coming your way. May the next few days pass quickly so that you can have your peace of mind back.

Felicia's Mom
03-24-2004, 07:37 AM
You will be in my prayers, Tracey.

slick
03-24-2004, 07:44 AM
Most of the time they are just cysts but since your Mother had BC it's a good thing that you are doing something about it. I can't imagine how hard the waiting game is going to be for you but try not to let your mind worry you into a frenzy. Sending postive thoughts and prayers you way.

Looking forward to meeting you in July.

Luv slick

SandraDee
03-24-2004, 08:09 AM
Tracey,
sorry to hear about your troubles. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. May God give you the strength to get through this difficult time in your life.

ramanth
03-24-2004, 08:11 AM
Hugs and Prayers. :)

EssTer
03-24-2004, 08:15 AM
I'm sorry to hear that.. I'll pray for you, and I really hope you'll be OK

Kater
03-24-2004, 08:32 AM
Tracey, many good thoughts and prayers coming your way! I'm glad you'll be staying preoccupied as well as keeping positive. It is good that you do self-checks and were able to catch this early - that could make all the difference in the world!

I'll be sure to send extra prayers your way on April 5th!

{{{hugs across the miles}}}

Edwina's Secretary
03-24-2004, 08:33 AM
Tracey...my thoughts are with you. Sending positive energy your way!

Stenograsaurus
03-24-2004, 08:44 AM
Sending prayers your way.

moosmom
03-24-2004, 09:03 AM
Tracey,

I'm hoping and praying right along with you! I have Fibrocycstic Disease so I know how worried you are. Hang in there and know that we are all here for you!

((((hugs))))

Kona & Oreo's mom
03-24-2004, 09:31 AM
Tracey, my thoughts are with you. I know the waiting is almost unbearable, so I hope you find comfort in knowing that we are all here for moral support.

micki76
03-24-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
I have Fibrocycstic Disease so I know how worried you are.

Same here. I know you'll worry, but try not to fixate on it. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Why, oh why do they make us wait for things like this? :confused: :mad:

Prayers going out for you. :)

Corinna
03-24-2004, 09:34 AM
Prayers on wings to you Good to catch any thing early. Good luck.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by micki76
Why, oh why do they make us wait for things like this? :confused: :mad:

I agree! And I bet things would be different if they were in your shoes. :rolleyes:

I know it's really no comfort, but my boss's wife found a lump too, and it did turn out to just be a cyst, but I'm so glad you're not just ignoring it. Those durn lumps are nothing to mess with.

Postive thoughts and prayers on their way! And Peanut sends nose kissies and Tubby sends head bumpies! :)

Cataholic
03-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Hugs and prayers coming to you, Tracey.

luckies4me
03-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Both my mother and I have fibrocystic breasts and so we are prone to cysts. It wasn't too long ago my mother scared me with the same thing, but it turned out to just be a cyst. I am hoping and praying the same goes for you too. You will be in my prayers and I hope to hear good news soon. Keep your chin up and stay positive. :)

dukedogsmom
03-24-2004, 10:39 AM
I would be terrified! We'll all pray for you and get that lump taken out no matter what. I'm so afraid of the C word that I've even got special insurance for it. So, try to let your kitties comfort you and try not to worry, though I know that will be practically impossible.

krazyaboutkatz
03-24-2004, 11:11 AM
Thanks for all of your emotional support. You guys are the best.:) I'll keep you updated as much as possible. I hate this waiting game.

Karen
03-24-2004, 11:16 AM
You are in my prayers. Try not to worry now, okay? We love you.

lbaker
03-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Special prayers, thoughts and a VERY special Tracey candle in the window each night until you find out what is to come next. Anxiety is natural, but not healthy.. chin up my friend.

Laurie

catland
03-24-2004, 11:55 AM
Prayers on the way. Now pet those kitties to help lower your stress and think positive thoughts.

lizbud
03-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Prayers & positive thoughts coming your way. Try to keep
yourself to busy to worry & may the time pass quickly for you.
All the best, Liz.:)

rg_girlca
03-24-2004, 12:14 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts going out to you Tracey. I know it is easy for us to say, "Try not to worry" but, do try not to worry too much. Think positive.
(((((HUGS))))) to you.

gini
03-24-2004, 12:17 PM
Tracey, the worrying/wait time is just the worst. Please take good care of yourself during the next few days.

I have several friends who have gone through this too and each time it was a benign cyst.

You can be sure that you have my prayers.

All of us are here to support you in any way that we can.

wolfie
03-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Oh, I hope that everything turns out to be okay Tracey!

RedHedd
03-24-2004, 01:26 PM
{{{{{{{{{Tracey!}}}}}}}} You definitely have prayers from me. I've been there, done that, lost a breast to cancer in '97 and I'm cancer-free today. Like you, I found the lump myself -- good for you for checking! The waiting in between mammos, tests, etc. is the worst part. Having the lump removed whether it's benign or not, is the best; it gives peace of mind. I had a benign cyst removed back in '96; the cancerous tumors were in the other breast and didn't show up on a mammogram; I found it myself.

Lots of cat therapy is oh-so-helpful in dealing with the stress and the waiting and they will enjoy the extra attention. Somehow they know when meowmie is worried.

Please keep us posted! Georgia

lovemyshiba
03-24-2004, 02:16 PM
I will be keeping you in my prayers, and thinking positive thoughts for you during this time.
I hope all is well, and the worrying will be for nothing.

Miss Meow
03-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Hugs and positive thoughts on the way to you, Tracey.

We'll all be thinking of you over the next few days while you wait for the results. I had a pre-cancerous mole removed from my breast some years ago, and I clearly remember the anxiousness of the wait {{{hugs}}}

jazzcat
03-24-2004, 05:02 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

My mother had breast cancer. She has been cancer free for 10 years now.:)

teenster3
03-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Tracey,
I am new to this site but, wanted you to know that I will save a prayer for you and hope everything turns out ok!
Best of luck and try not to worry yourself!

krazyaboutkatz
03-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Thanks again everyone for all of your support.:) Tomorrow I have to call the general surgery department to make an appointment with a surgeon.

Steffi N
03-25-2004, 08:25 AM
Tracey, I am hoping that everything turns out okay for you.
{{HUGS}}

shais_mom
03-26-2004, 12:39 AM
Prayers on the way Tracey!!!!!
I can't imagine how stressed you are.... :( hugs to you and your furry crew.

krazyaboutkatz
03-26-2004, 12:46 AM
Hi everyone. I made my appointment to see a surgeon on April 6th at 10am. I also told my mom about my lump tonight. She was very comforting and supportive. She's also going to go with me to see the surgeon.
She told me that when she had breast cancer both the mammogram and ultrasound showed nothing. She had to have fluid extracted from the lump which was under her arm. It was actually an enlarged lymph node.
I'm so glad that she'll be there with me because she'll know what to ask the doctor and she knows much more about breast cancer than I do.:) I'm so glad that I decided to tell her before I received my results. It feels like a giant weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.:)
I'll keep you updated as soon as I know anything more.

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-26-2004, 01:55 AM
Tracey, they say Ä trouble shared is a trouble halved"so I can imagine what a great releif it must be to have told your Mum, and what a comfort it will be to have her with you at the Doctor.

Keeping you in my prayers.

(((HUGS)))

Julie

Lilith Cherry
03-26-2004, 04:55 AM
dear Tracey, Im so glad you told your mum.. it helps to have someone to share with! Best of luck and I will keep you in my goodthoughts for a happy outcome.

gini
03-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Tracey, I am so glad that you have told your Mom. She will be able to ask questions that you otherwise might not remember, or not know to ask.

Mainly, she will be there to support you and share your apprehension and concern.

Mostly, I am sorry that you have to go through this. Please know you will have my prayers for a good outcome.

lynnestankard
03-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Glad you told your Mum Tracey - I belive no one should have to carry this worry alone - and your Mum having been through this will be able to give you so much help and support.
Fingers still crossed here and prayers being said {{{Hugs}}}.

Lynne

carole
03-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Tracey my heart goes out to you, I can imagine how scared you are, you will know my mother had breast cancer last year and just underwent her mammogram this week, its been a year, we have been waiting on tenderhooks for the results, they are ok, so Tracey I can imagine how hard this is for you, please remember not all lumps are cancer, and i know because of your mothers history you are very frightened, i will be thinking of you, and hoping for everything to be ok, please feel free to pm me anytime, I am here to offer you my support and help ,I send you a big hug, please take care .

P.S A few of you mentioned that mammograms did not pick up your lumps, even though this was the case, please don't loose faith in these, my mother's was so small and was picked up by the mammogram only, not by physical exam, infact usually the machine does not pick them up so small, so maybe the machines are better now a days.

Kfamr
03-26-2004, 02:44 PM
Tracey I hope everything goes well for you. We'll be thinking of you. :)

AmberLee
03-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Still thinking of you and praying for you. I'm so glad you mom will be going to the doctor with you. A second pair of ears really helps when there is something stressful in the air...

{{{hugs}}} Do take snuggle time with the cats, they'll help you deal with the anxiety as you wait.

Hang in there! {{{more hugs}}}

Killearn Kitties
03-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Thinking of you Tracey, and sending positive vibes your way. I'm so glad you're not going to the doctor on your own.

aly
03-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Tracey,

I am so glad you told your mom. Moms are just the best in times of need. I am sure she will be wonderful support for you throughout this. I am keeping you in my prayers.

NoahsMommy
03-27-2004, 10:41 PM
Tracey,

I'm glad your mom will be there with you during this. I'll be praying the lump is nothing to worry about and that soon this will be in the past for you.

Love,
Kelly :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Hi everyone. This morning I had a mammogram and an ultrasound done. I was told that the results for the mammogram will take 4 working days and the results for the ultrasound will take about 2 days.

When I got home this evening, I had a message on my answering machine from a doctor. He was calling to give me the results from one of my tests. I got home too late to call back and he won't be in tomorrow. He gave me a number to call and I'm supposed to ask for his assistant and then she'll get a doctor to explain the results to me.

I'm feeling very scared because I didn't expect to know anything so soon. I feel like they're trying to rush the tests because there's something terribly wrong like cancer.:( I sure hope I'm wrong. I'm still trying to stay optimistic though.

Please send some more prayers and positive vibes my way. Thanks again in advance.

Tracey

Miss Meow
03-30-2004, 11:22 PM
I hope the doctor was trying to call quickly because he knew you were nervous about the results. Still keeping fingers crossed that the news is good {{{hugs}}}

captain
03-31-2004, 12:08 AM
Tracey

{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}

My thoughts and prayers are with you - fingers crossed!

popcornbird
03-31-2004, 12:20 AM
Tracey, I am praying for you, and hoping there is nothing seriously wrong. :(

{{{hugs}}}

trayi52
03-31-2004, 12:36 AM
Oh, I hope its good news. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Willie

AmberLee
03-31-2004, 01:04 AM
{{{hugs}}}

Cuddle a cat for the evening. It helps.

NoahsMommy
03-31-2004, 01:42 AM
Tracey,

Still praying over here for you. Let us know what they say tomorrow when you are able to.

Take care,
Kelly

Barbara
03-31-2004, 01:57 AM
Tracey I keep my fingers crossed. I guess they would call back quickly in any case. Filou and Tigris send some comforting purrs and I am sure, your boys will do that too:)

lbaker
03-31-2004, 06:21 AM
Oh Tracey, I'm just praying that Miss Meow is right and the doctor just wants to ease your mind a bit. I know that YOU know the power of PetPrayers but do your mom & doc know the support and love coming your way from all over the globe? Your mom must be terribly worried as well and let's not forget to pray for a little strength for her too. Being a mom, I worry about her too, Tracey. Furry paws are together in good thoughts to you.
Laurie

Steffi N
03-31-2004, 06:53 AM
Tracey, I hope so much the news is good for you and that everything is all right.

carole
03-31-2004, 08:19 PM
Tracey I sure hope all went well with your appointment today, please let us know how you are doing, when you get a minute to yourself,thinking of you and hoping like heck all is well. TAKE CARE SWEETIE.:)

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2004, 10:37 PM
Hi, I'm sorry that I haven't been able to post an update sooner but I didn't even find out the ultrasound results until about 12:55pm. Since I was at work, I wasn't able to post because I don't have access to a computer.

The doctor that called me was just reading from the other doctor's notes since he wasn't in today. She said that the lump is about 1mm and it looks like a cyst filled with fluid but inside of the fluid it looks like there may be some cells. So now I need to have a biopsy. I already have an appointment with a surgeon on Tues. April 6th at 11:15am so I don't know if he'll be performing the biopsy or not. I'm going to call again tomorrow morning to find out if I need to make another appointment for the biopsy.

Thanks for all of your concerns and all of the prayers and positive thoughts being sent my way.:) I'll update you as soon as I know anything more.

AmberLee
03-31-2004, 11:34 PM
More ~~~~healthy vibes ~~~~ at ya!

{Sorry I was a pest today, I know it's awkward for you being called at work.}

krazyaboutkatz
04-01-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee
More ~~~~healthy vibes ~~~~ at ya!

{Sorry I was a pest today, I know it's awkward for you being called at work.} Thanks AmberLee and I really do appreciate your calls. Thanks again for your concern.:)

Nomilynn
04-01-2004, 12:13 AM
I will be praying for you!

RubyMutt
04-01-2004, 08:55 AM
You will be in my thoughts! Be strong!

ChrisH
04-01-2004, 08:59 AM
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs
Chris

krazyaboutkatz
04-01-2004, 11:16 AM
Thanks again everyone.:)
I called general surgery this morning and they said that I have to have a consultation with the surgeon before they'll schedule the biopsy. Will this nightmare ever end?:(

gini
04-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Tracey, I am continuing to say prayers for you. I know that every woman on this board reaches out to you in understanding and compassion and we are praying this will have a happy ending and we can rejoice with you!

carole
04-01-2004, 03:19 PM
HUGE HUGS to you Tracey, this is an extremely tough time for you, and my thoughts are with you, we are all thinking positive vibes and praying for a good result, remember how powerful PT is my dear, Take care.:)

Logan
04-01-2004, 03:28 PM
Hang in there, Tracey. You know you have all of our prayers with you as you go through this. I just know that everything is going to alright, but dont' blame you for worrying. :) Big hugs coming your way.

Love,
Logan

IttyBittyKitty
04-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Pixel and Randi both send biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig giant hugs your way! Hang in there, give your four beautiful boys plenty of hugs, and be sure to keep us posted - we are all thinking of you...

amoore
04-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Hugs and prayers coming your way from me and my pets!

Cataholic
04-02-2004, 08:22 AM
Tracey,
Hang in there. You are doing the right thing, you have the consult lined up, the biopsy will be scheduled. The rest is best left to someone else ;) Lots of prayers coming your way that this will be all over soon.
Johanna

NoahsMommy
04-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Tracey,

Its good you're being proactive in this, the sooner they check, the sooner it'll be over. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this at all. :(

We'll be praying for you.

Let us know how your consulation goes.

Love,
Kelly

lovemyshiba
04-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Just wanted to pop in and let you know that you are still in my prayers every day.
I'm sure it seems as if the waiting is going to drive you crazy!!!

{{{hugs}}}

RedHedd
04-02-2004, 03:24 PM
{{{{{{{{{Tracey}}}}}}}}} I know it seems like a stream of doc appointments (and it is!) and the awful waiting in between; it does get tiresome. They usually schedule the biopsy pretty quickly as they know the stress of waiting. I made friends at the breast center in S.F. and got my appointments and follow-up reports pushed through pretty quickly. The head nurse even pushed the radiologist and personally called me with good news so I wouldn't have to wait over a long weekend. The 6th will be here before you know it. BTW, make sure and check that the surgeon is board certified. Mine wasn't and I didn't find out until too late. All paws are crossed over here, sending positive thoughts your way.

krazyaboutkatz
04-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Hi everyone. I just thought I'd give you an update. This morning I received the results of my mammogram and it's negative.:) I have a consultation with a surgeon tomorrow at 11:15am so hopefully I'll know more tomorrow. The best news is that I think the lump is getting smaller.:)I was feeling it this evening and it felt smaller to me. Even though the ultrasound was suspicious, hopefully it's only been a benign cyst all along.

Please send some prayers and positive vibes my way. Thanks in advance.:)

lovemyshiba
04-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Sounds like good news!!!!
I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you tomorrow!!

trayi52
04-06-2004, 12:21 AM
Now that is what I call wonderful news! I bet that took a load off your mind.

You will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Willie

jazzcat
04-06-2004, 12:33 AM
That is great news KAK!!!!!

More prayers on the way.

captain
04-06-2004, 12:39 AM
Great news!!!!

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Miss Meow
04-06-2004, 12:43 AM
I'm glad you've got some good news! Yay!

Good luck for the visit with the surgeon. Will keeping sending good thoughts to you.

AmberLee
04-06-2004, 01:09 AM
Whew! Will continue the prayers till an all clear is sounded.

But still, what a relief!

gini
04-06-2004, 01:16 AM
Oh Tracey, this is the ONLY GOOD NEWS that I have had all day.

My neighbor passed away suddenly today - you met him at the BBQ last year.

If I was there, I would give you a big hug of joy and hope that all continues to be just more good news.

Of course, you have my prayers as well.

Thank you for keeping us posted, I know all of us have been just as worried right along with you.

popcornbird
04-06-2004, 01:20 AM
Sounds like good news. :) Keeping the prayers up. Hopefully we'll only hear good news from now on. I'm so glad to hear the results were negative!

Kater
04-06-2004, 01:30 AM
Great news so far, KAK! I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Keep us updated! :)

Killearn Kitties
04-06-2004, 01:38 AM
Great news! I hope your consultation goes well today. Looking forward to hearing from you.

lynnestankard
04-06-2004, 06:08 AM
Tracey - great news - I'm so relieved for you {{{Hugs}}}.

Fingers remaining crossed and prayers passed on - hope today goes well for you - I'm so convinced it will.

So many women here rooting for you - Good Luck.

Lynne

ChrisH
04-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Good news! :)

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs
Chris

Steffi N
04-06-2004, 09:53 AM
This is wonderful news. You must be so relieved. I hope your visit with the surgeon goes well too.

lbaker
04-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Great news so far Tracey... keep us posted. Gini, so sorry about your neighbor, I was looking forward to seeing them & Rusty & Ginger in July... I just sent you an email.

L

Randi
04-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Best wishes for a good result at the surgeon - I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts!! :)

Barbara
04-06-2004, 12:08 PM
I hope so much your cyst simply melts away. Things like that can happen:)

All the best for you- headbumpies from Tigris:)

RobiLee
04-06-2004, 12:31 PM
Oh, Tracey, I'm so sorry I didn't catch this thread earlier. I know how you are feeling. It is scary, stressful, tiring and your mind wanders in all kinds of different directions. Doctors and tests...it seems like it never stops! Hang in there, girl! One day at a time...that is all you can do. Always be positive and remember to breathe in and out....that might sound silly, but if you can just sit for a few seconds and just let yourself feel your breathing it is kind of relaxing. Even if it is just for the few seconds it really does help. I'm glad your mom is going with you. It is always best to have someone with you so they can also listen and remember things that the doctor is saying and they might come up with a question that you didn't think of.

I will be thinking about you today and waiting to hear how things went at the doctors

I'm sending out lots of hugs and prayers for you.

Robin

Edwina's Secretary
04-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Tracey....here's hoping for more good news today.

May is Breast Awareness month. I'll be participating in a fund raiser on May 2 and will dedicate it to you!

gini
04-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Tracey, thank you for your p/m, I have replied.

Barbara said it best - let's just hope that the cyst melts away.

Pet Talk prayers are very powerful - and we do try hard to take care of our own - you!

ramanth
04-06-2004, 02:21 PM
Great news KAK! :D

RedHedd
04-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Great news, Tracey. Please keep us posted on what the surgeon says.

carole
04-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Oh Tracey I am so relieved for you,what wonderful news, I know how scarey it is when you mother has had BC, you always assume the worst, see the power of PT works a miracle yet again, now go and celebrate girl, sometimes life is good , so enjoy it, let us all raise our glasses , heres to continuing good health. cheers.:)

krazyaboutkatz
04-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Hi everyone. The surgeon that I met today was very nice and very knowledgable about breast cancer. He examined me and then numbed the area and tried to extract the fluid from the lump. Unfortunately he wasn't able to get anything because the lump was moving around too much.:( If he had been able to and if the lump deflated then it would have been only a cyst and my worries would have been over.

Now I have to go back on Tues. April 13th at 1:45pm for a biopsy. He'll be removing the lump and then sending it to the lab for tests. He's able to perform this in his office and it takes about 30 minutes or so. He feels that it's only a cyst so I sure hope that he's right. I probably won't know the test results until Fri. April 16th. I plan to either take the day off or just work during the morning that day.

My mom has really been very supportive and very helpful during all of this. After my doctor's appointment we went out to lunch and then I decided to call my work to see just how busy we really were. Since we weren't very busy, I decided to take the day off. After lunch we went shopping but didn't end up buying anything.

So far no one at my work knows anything about this. I need to tell the lady that I work with about it though. I may tell my boss also but I'm not sure yet.
Thanks for all of your prayers and support. I hope to have some good news for you next week.:)

lynnestankard
04-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Still in my thoughts Tracey. Just keeping everything here crossed til 13th and 16th!! Chin up sweetheart.

Lynne

RobiLee
04-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Thinking of you, Tracey. Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Be well!

Robin

gini
04-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Tracey, you will continue to be in my prayers.

This is such a difficult time for you and I am so happy that you have the support of your Mom. It must mean everything to you.

I think it might be easier for you if you shared your situation with your boss. I am sure they will be very supportive once that they know.

ChrisH
04-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Tracey, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

{Hugs}
Chris

PayItForward
04-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Tracey,

I have just caught this thread, I'm glad that they think it is just a cyst.

Thinking of you and best of luck on 13th & 16th.

All fingers and paws crossed tightly here ;)

slick
04-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Stay positive Tracey. I can't imagine how hard the waiting game must be. I'll be praying for you.

RedHedd
04-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Tracey - all fingers and paws crossed up here in S.F. If you need to talk, just PM me .... I've been through the whole biopsy and "lumpectomy" thing before. Prayers going out your way that you have an easy time of it and that all results will be negative. The waiting is the worst part. -- Georgia

krazyaboutkatz
04-08-2004, 12:35 AM
Thanks again everyone. Your prayers and support mean a lot to me.:)

AmberLee
04-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Remember: we are here for you!

Russian Blue
04-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Tracey, I am sending every positive prayer out your way! Please keep positive and I will check back on this thread when I get a chance.

You have many great people cheering on the sidelines for you and you know how great PT prayers are!

krazyaboutkatz
04-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Hi everyone. I had my biopsy today and everything went very well.:) My surgeon thinks that it's a fibroid node or nodule and that there's nothing to worry about. I should hopefully know the results by late Thurs. afternoon.

I was able to see the lump and it was so tiny that I'm surprised that I was able to find it. The surgeon said that if I was overweight, that I probably would've never found it. I'm pretty confident that it's nothing. Thanks again for all of your prayers. I'll let you know about the results as soon as I can.:)

captain
04-13-2004, 06:01 PM
That is FANTASTIC news!

Thanks for letting us know ........ :D

trayi52
04-13-2004, 06:08 PM
I am thankful to hear you are okay, Tracey.

Willie

slick
04-13-2004, 06:41 PM
Good news Tracey. You must be so relieved.

Felicia's Mom
04-13-2004, 06:51 PM
It is a relief to hear that you are okay, Tracey.:)

Miss Meow
04-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Wonderful news! I am so happy for you {{{hugs and cheers!}}}

Steffi N
04-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Tracey, I am relieved and happy to know that you are okay.

carole
04-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Wonderful news Tracey, you have had quite a scare, so go and do something real nice for yourself, treat yourself girl, you deserve it., I am very happy for you.:)

krazyaboutkatz
04-13-2004, 09:59 PM
I don't want to celebrate just yet. I still need to get the test results back to confirm that it's nothing to worry about and that won't happen until late Thurs.

I also forgot to mention that if all goes well I'll have to see the surgeon in about 3-4 months. He needs to check my breast again to see if any scar tissue has formed. Some people grow back scar tissue and this can cause later mammograms to be misread and the breast may feel lumpy too. Hopefully I won't be one of those people.

Thanks for all of the wonderful replies. I hope to give you good news on Thurs. night.:)

gini
04-14-2004, 12:14 AM
Tracey, I can just imagine how relieved you must be.

Hooray! I know, I know, you want the final final results, but it sure sounds as though you have all of your worries behind you.

The Dr. would not have been so positive about things if he didn't feel it was correct to tell you that.

Just to be on the safe side, I will add you to my prayers again, and wait until late Thursday.

In the meantime - you are getting lots of hugs around here on Pet Talk - can you feel them ?

AmberLee
04-14-2004, 12:56 PM
HaPpY DaNcInG FoR YoU!!!!!

carole
04-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Well Tracey put that celebration on hold dear, I am sure you will be doing just that in a short time, I sure Hope so, I realise you are not out of the woods completely yet, but I feel that things will work out positively for you, and I am keeping those fingers, toes and paws crossed over here for ya. TAKE CARE!!!!:)

krazyaboutkatz
04-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Well I called the surgeon's office at 4pm and was unable to speak with anyone. I had to leave a voice mail message with my surgeon's nurse. When I got home I had a message on my machine saying that they hadn't received the pathology report yet.:( A note will be put on my surgeon's desk to look into it further. Hopefully I'll know something by tomorrow afternoon. I'm getting very tired of all of this waiting.

RedHedd
04-16-2004, 11:12 AM
AGH! The waiting is the absolute WORST! All fingers, toes and paws crossed in prayer here.

Killearn Kitties
04-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Oh noooooooooooooooo!! I was hoping to uncross my fingers today! Still thinking of you .....

NoahsMommy
04-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Gosh, Tracey, that is annoying. :(

Hurry up doctors!!!

Barbara
04-16-2004, 01:29 PM
The waiting is the worst but I also have been through that procedure two times in my life (one time the breast and one time they thought it could be a lymphoma which meant to take a biopsy in a lymph nod near the hip) - each time the doctors had the right feel after the biopsy and the test results only confirmed it. I hope they have your report soon!!!!!

gini
04-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Tracey, I am so sorry - this must be making you so anxious.

Please take care of yourself during this difficult waiting time - the good news is just around the corner!

PayItForward
04-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Just checking in for news...Hope everything is well ?

Keeping my finger crossed.

KYS
04-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Waiting is the pits.
Keeping fingers and toes crossed.
Hugs karen

AmberLee
04-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Hang in there, dear. *Sheesh, waiting is hard!* :eek:

krazyaboutkatz
04-16-2004, 10:59 PM
Hi everyone. I finally found out late this afternoon that my lump is benign. :D Now I can finally relax and my life can return to normal.
Thanks again everyone for all of your concerns and prayers. Once again Pet Talk Prayers have come through.:D

The biopsy incision is still bothering me though.:( It's still oozing and quite sore. I'm trying to keep it very clean and dry but it's difficult with all of the oozing going on. Please say some prayers that it will heal quickly without any problems. This is a small price to pay though for making sure that I'm okay. Thanks again.:)

Tonya
04-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Whew! YAY!!!!!!!

trayi52
04-16-2004, 11:13 PM
That is definitely good news! I am so glad to hear that it was benign. Now we will just pray that it heals very quickly. You will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Willie:)

popcornbird
04-16-2004, 11:29 PM
I am SO glad to hear you're alright!!! Thanks for the wonderful update. Congratulations! :D There is no better blessing than good health.

jazzcat
04-16-2004, 11:45 PM
Wonderful news!!!!!!

gini
04-17-2004, 12:57 AM
Dear Tracey - I am so happy for you. I can just imagine the depth of your concern and how depressed and anxious you must have been.

Happily that is all behind you now and we just have to concentrate on the biopsy incision healing nicely.

Rest now, play with your kitties - LIFE IS VERY GOOD!

I will look forward to your visit this summer at the BBQ.

Hugs from Gini

lbaker
04-17-2004, 04:30 AM
{{{HUGS}}} from all over the PetTalk world, and a mighty big world that is :D I bet the only one happier and more relieved than you right now is your Mom, so a big hug for her too! See you in July Tracey.....:cool:

Killearn Kitties
04-17-2004, 05:00 AM
Excellent news, I'm so pleased. :D Hope your wound heals up soon.

ChrisH
04-17-2004, 07:47 AM
Wonderful, wonderful, news!! :D :D :D I am so very happy for you!! :)

Will be saying a prayer that the incision wound heals up quickly and properly.

Hugs
Chris

PayItForward
04-17-2004, 08:17 AM
Send {{{hugs}} and prayers for you to heal completely...such good news :D

RedHedd
04-17-2004, 11:32 AM
YAY! Terrific news! As for the oozing, just keep it covered with a gauze pad. Sometimes those incisions can take a while to heal, but you're done with the hard part. Give the kitties some extra hugs and treats - and yourself too! You deserve it! :)

AmberLee
04-17-2004, 07:00 PM
Doing a HaPpY DaNcE for you and crying happy tears!

Toby's my baby
04-17-2004, 08:03 PM
HURRAY!!!! :D

I am glad you are ok, I hope you heal fast and life can return to normal again!

Felicia's Mom
04-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Sending prayers that you will heal soon!

Miss Meow
04-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Great news!

There isn't a lot of muscle in that part of body, so it'll take a while to heal. I hope everything clears up quickly and you can get on with living your life!

jenfer
04-18-2004, 01:04 AM
Glad to hear the good news!!!
Wishing you a speedy recovery. :D

krazyaboutkatz
04-18-2004, 02:45 AM
Thanks everyone.:D My incision is feeling a little better each day.

cloverfdx
04-18-2004, 03:02 AM
That is great news. :D i hope your recovery is very speedy.

Barbara
04-18-2004, 05:36 AM
Congratulations Tracey!!!!!! Wish you a speedy recovery. Scritchies for your gang:) :D :) :D :) :D

Miss Meow
04-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Psssst, just had to say I love your new signature :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-19-2004, 12:04 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Psssst, just had to say I love your new signature
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Nicole.:) It only took me most of yesterday to make it and then I decided to change it a little bit again tonight. I'm so slow.

Richard is the one who inspired me.;)

Thanks again everyone for all of your support, prayers, and well wishes. Things are looking up.:D

Kater
04-19-2004, 02:35 AM
So glad to hear the final word is - benign! GREAT NEWS! I hope your healing process continues along smoothly.

{{{HUGS}}} This has been quite an ordeal!

carole
04-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Tracey I am so happy for you, you must be so relieved, now you can go and party up large, well at least celebrate somehow, treat yourself, you have been through quite an ordeal, the waiting is so darn hard on you, take care and I hope your wound heals fast, cheers .:)

Randi
04-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Sorry I'm late, just came back. I'm so glad it's over with and you don't have to worry anymore! :)

Heal quickly! :)