PDA

View Full Version : Missing A Rat!!!

Desert Arabian
03-23-2004, 06:07 PM
DASIY IS MISSING! SHE IS NOT IN THE CAGE! SHE'S BEEN GONE SINCE LAST NIGHT! I WOKE UP THIS MISSING TO FIND DASIY NOT IN THE CAGE! I HAD TO SIT IN SCHOOL ALL DAY WONDERING WHERE SHE IS! I STILL CAN'T FIND HER, I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE SHE IS! I AM AFRAID SAMMY DID SOMETHING TO HER- SHE IS DEATHLY AFRAID OF THE CATS. I FEEL TERRIBLE! IT'S MY FAULT, I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION WHEN I OPEND UP THE CAGE DOOR!

Daisy, come back! We went out to get a Havarhart trap, we are going to set it up now, and I am going to continue to look for her. Pray that I find her in one piece!

:( :( :(

Desert Arabian
03-23-2004, 06:26 PM
THANK GOD! I FOUND HER! *phew*

Little stinker was in my closet, sitting on my hangers, hanging from the bar. It took me a couple of min to register that it was a rat sitting on the hangers. I was looking everywhere in my closet, on the floor, I look up and there she was.

She was so happy to see her mama! She was making her special happy noises that she makes when she's really excited. I put her back in the cage and gave her a gerber banana cereal snackin' square. :p

Daisy! Don't do that again! You gave mama a heart attack!

aly
03-23-2004, 06:35 PM
Phew, glad you found her just 'hanging' around! What a scare!

Dogz
03-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Wow! :eek: How scary! I am glad that you found her!

Cookiebaker
03-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Whew!! You had me scared there for a minute!!! :eek:

Daisy, you silly girl, don't scary your mama like that again!!!! :eek:

p.s. I Love your new sig/avatar, YLL!! :D

wolfie
03-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Little stinker was in my closet, sitting on my hangers, hanging from the bar. It took me a couple of min to register that it was a rat sitting on the hangers.

lol. I'm so glad that you found her!

Desert Arabian
03-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
p.s. I Love your new sig/avatar, YLL!! :D

Thanks! I can't wait until I will be able to put my very own Labbie in my signature...I'm workin' on it! :D

Cookiebaker
03-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Thanks! I can't wait until I will be able to put my very own Labbie in my signature... :D

I CAN'T WAIT EITHER!!!! :D :D :D

luckies4me
03-24-2004, 10:38 AM
Rats are very good at coming back. They usually do not go far, and if Sammy did try to do something rats can really kick a cats butt if they needed to! I am glad she didn't stray far. She just wanted some time out and went for a little adventure. :D

Desert Arabian
03-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Rats are very good at coming back.

3 of my rats got loose outside once. It took me a day to get them, they would have NEVER have come back if I didn't find them. Nugget went into a chimpmunk hole at the base of the tree in the backyard. Sweet Pea was in the hose box. Nugget and Sweet Pea were absolutely wild- they bit me constantly and wanted nothing to do with people. If I didn't find those two, they'd be gone, they would never have come back. Punkin was just sitting on the patio next to the cage- she wouldn't go too far she loves me and the others too much to leave. She would be one to return.

Sammy could easily injure/kill Daisy- Sam gets pretty wild. Sam is huge, fast, has all his claws, and Daisy would make a perfect "first time kill" for Sam. Now, if it was Suzie (or Peanut) who got out, she'd tear apart Sam- Sam is afraid of Suzie not the other rats. He was terrified of Peanut, but she's gone now. :(

I'm just so happy I found Daisy! :D *Runs into room to give her a treat* Good thing she didn't new on my "80" electrical cords, Labrador pictures laying on the floor, or the clothes which she was sitting on!!! :p

luckies4me
03-24-2004, 05:12 PM
Getting loose outside is a WHOLE nother ball game. If the rats get our in your bedroom, chances are they won't go far. ;)

I am sure most cats can kill a rat, but don't underestimate them. They have a hard bite, and chissel teeth, that can do much more damage than a cats nail. Trust me, I've seen it several times. Compare rats attacked by cats, and rats attacked by other rats and you would see a BIG difference!

As far as them being outside, usually rats do not act that agressive when loose. They most likely would have still came back. It's extremely hard for a domestic rat to live in the wild, and even though their personality may have changed, they do not forget where their food source comes from, and they would have been looking for a way into the house eventually, knowing that they would have starved if they had stayed out longer.

My rats free roam my house all the time, and have never had problems. Usually you just call and them come to me. One of the great things about owning a rat, is that they actually come when called, sometimes better than dogs! :D

Desert Arabian
03-24-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
I am sure most cats can kill a rat, but don't underestimate them. They have a hard bite, and chissel teeth, that can do much more damage than a cats nail. Trust me, I've seen it several times. Compare rats attacked by cats, and rats attacked by other rats and you would see a BIG difference!

Yep, I know. I have nice scars from rattie teeth. :rolleyes: :p It's not Sam's nails I am worried about, it's his extremely sharp teeth that puncture my skin when we are PLAYING let alone attacking prey. :o
http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/celebrate3.JPG

As far as them being outside, usually rats do not act that agressive when loose. They most likely would have still came back. It's extremely hard for a domestic rat to live in the wild, and even though their personality may have changed, they do not forget where their food source comes from, and they would have been looking for a way into the house eventually, knowing that they would have starved if they had stayed out longer.
We live right across the street from a swamp. The coyotes and hawks would get them before they'd get hungry. That's why I was so worried about them. We have a hawk in our yard everyday! :eek:

My rats free roam my house all the time, and have never had problems. Usually you just call and them come to me. One of the great things about owning a rat, is that they actually come when called, sometimes better than dogs! :D
I do not let mine roam the whole house. Way too dangerous. We have too much junk for them to chew on, most of it all antiques, and lots of heavy stuff that could fall on them. I rarely let them out of my site when they are loose. They only roam my room, kitchen, and bathroom. My rats never come when they are called, they are too busy exploring. Phoebe and Fred answer once in a blue moon. :rolleyes: :p

luckies4me
03-24-2004, 06:20 PM
hehe cute pic! :p

Here's Ewok teeth pic. Look at those chompers! :eek: He plays with my ratties all the time, chomping them, kicking them etc. but they don't seem to mind. In fact, they love it makes them extremely hyper. Brownie especially loves to play with Ewok, and will pin him down and groom his fur. Then Ewok licks him to death. :D

That's one thing about Ewok, he is SO licky, like overly licky LOL. The other day he got so excited from being petted he started to drool! :eek:

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/cats/Ewok.jpg