PDA

View Full Version : Princess Evita's throne!

Laura's Babies
03-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Everyone knows by now that I am still making kitty pads for CCL's shelter and that I have fallen in love with Evita. So, in this shipment, I wanted to send her something SPECIAL.. Now I find out that she is at Pet Smart but I am hoping someone will get it to her and maybe give her a edge over the rest of the kitties there. I know they are are special but I am l am in love with Evita.. Maybe I will select another one to fall in love with when I know she has a forever home!

Her Throne...and as you see, it is a bed, not a pad.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid108/pf6f83f53abd99bf17ba41301d5c4a97a/f93f38cc.jpg

Chester made his selection of the ones I made, said they look so "manley" and to make sure a 'man' got them.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid108/p79f0741a98b7291053d0bd7af700b45f/f93f38c7.jpg

catland
03-23-2004, 05:24 PM
great throne:D

catnapper
03-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Wow! You are a fantastic sewer. I am not worthy to even look at these masterpieces:o

I'm sure someone will snatch her up once they see the pillow and her sweet face.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-23-2004, 07:05 PM
I agree that she'll be spoken for right away with that throne to help people realize they're not just getting a cat, they're adopting a real live princess. :D

Laura's Babies
03-23-2004, 07:27 PM
I have to give my sister in Florida credit for the name "Princess Evita" on the bed, she did that for me and she had been sick, that is why I was so long in getting it made. Yes, she is a cat lover too, has Mama's old kitty and her young kitty Fred, orange and white tabby (both the same color). She is a great sister and we are very close. Anyway, she gets the credit for that...

As for the bed itself... all I knew when I started was I wanted something special for her. I am not a great seamstress but I get the job done as long as you are not fussy....and I find kitties are not fussy at all. I LOVE CATS!! What can I say?

sirrahbed
03-23-2004, 08:18 PM
What a beautiful "throne"!!! Laura, you are really getting into this:) It IS fun!! Currently, Missy is working on more from some quilt bundles I brought to her. So, quilts are in progress literally all over the world!
I hope Evita gets to sit on her throne and that someone will not be able to resist her!! Then, like you said, you will have to fall in love with another - I doubt that will be difficult for you;)

catcrazylady
03-24-2004, 06:32 AM
OMG!!! Laura I can't believe you did that!!! It is GORGEOUS!!! That will certainly make Princess Evita feel very special!!! Evita is special and I am hoping and praying that she gets that special home.
I will find out if Evita is still at PetSmart. I haven't gotten any emails saying that she is adopted yet. I can't believe she is still there! If she has been adopted I will see if they can contact her new family and try and get her throne to her.
I'm have such mixed emotions...I want Evita to still be at PetSmart so she can get her new throne, but I don't want her to be there because that will mean that she still doesn't have a home!

If all else fails Laura I will see to it that the SPECIAL THRONE gets used for the kitties that have been there the longest and can't seem to get out. We will give them the throne in honor of Evita who stole your heart! As a matter of fact I already have one in mind. If I can't find Evita I will give it to Cantaloupe. She is also very special like Evita and has been at the shelter for way to long. She is beautiful and has the kindest heart like Evita. She also has been known for her attitude but I have yet to see it. She gives me hugs and kisses too.
I will do my best to see that this gets to Evita but if I can't I hope my alternate plan is ok with you.

Thank you so much for all the love and work you put into these blankets. I just wish that I could truly explain what happens in the cage after they get blankets. The attitude becomes so calm and they snuggle in and seem so much more content. These blankets really do mean something!

catmandu
03-24-2004, 09:05 AM
That was so wonderful , to take the time to make princess Evita , something that I am sure that she will treasure for years to come. Found Cats MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW For YOU!

Laura's Babies
03-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Awe, CCL... I love your idea of an alternate if Evita has found a home. I would rather see her have a home than a comfy bed with her name on it.

It warms the heart to hear the blankets mean so much to the kitties and change them and I can't tell YOU how much fun me and my babies have making them. It is like they understand what they are for and are SO interested in helping "testing and approving" them. They are in that sewing room with me and all over them each and every time I am sewing them. It is just so much FUN to be doing that and having them in there "sharing" that special time with me. I have a box and am planning to mail them today sometime so maybe you will get them before I go back to work on the 31 st...

Again, I am enjoying making them more than I can express. It is not "work" to do them, but a honor and a pleasure and a lot of fun. I will have to do more rather I want to or not since I have so many yard sale finds piled up in there to use as well as what I already had on hand. (And I am cleaning out my fabric closet of all that fabric that I had not known what to do with it.) There is a lot of love sent in that box as well as blankies/pads....