PDA

View Full Version : Venting.. read this..

CountryWolf07
03-23-2004, 04:54 PM
People hide the fact that they like country music.. one of my BIGGEST pet peeves!!

example:

My brother who likes Lonestar.. I asked him today if he would want to go see Lonestar in concert in July.. and you know what he said? He laughed and said "No way! They are gay.. " and I was telling him - "What are YOU talking about? YOU were hooked on their songs for a while, and you've always loved "Amazed" and "Walking in Memphis".. and mom jumped in saying that they are really good in concert, and my brother rolled his eyes and said "No thanks".. I just told him "Whatever, Rory, you're just gonna miss out another great concert, and you've been doing this to me, so I'm gonna quit asking. You did this to me with Rascal Flatts.. TWICE!"..
I swear.. people around here are like that! They just hide it.. and act like they hate it or don't like country music, or anyone specific in front of people..

Anyone have people like that.. not just because of country music.. like rap.. pop.. rock.. etc.?

Miss Meow
03-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Yep. Everyone I know hates KISS, AC/DC and Motley Crue, but they know all the words and sing along :)

I think my pet hate is people disliking Boy George and laughing at my obsession with him. But if I play some dance music from his recent years they wonder what that great tune is :D

Corinna
03-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Hey I'm from Montana I can't say I like classical with out getting hub cap in the face. Kidding but the only music ariound here is country.

Lissa
03-23-2004, 05:13 PM
I'm originally from Ohio and I remember it being like that. My favorite was the hick farmers who tried not to be by listening to rap music in their jacked up truck with their cowboy boots and cowboy hat on. I think its like that with pop music now, especially with the college age crowd because that's a high school thing. I know I like a lot of it. But I can't stick to one kind of music.

CountryWolf07
03-23-2004, 05:18 PM
That's just crazy.. :rolleyes:

catnapper
03-23-2004, 05:43 PM
LOL! My one daughter professes to hate my CD collection... it runs the gamut form AC/DC, James Taylor, Queen, Beatles, Talking Heads, to Nine Inch Nails. But when I can't find a CD, where do you think I find it? Yup, in her room. And which ones do you think are missing the most often? Yup, the ones she complains loudest about.;)

My other daughter LOVES my collection so much that she has ruined a few of my favorite CDs for me because she inisists in the same ones everytime we go anywhere together. At least she also tries to get her friends to like the songs too and is proud to like the music.