PDA

View Full Version : I'd rather be a hammer than a nail....

RICHARD
03-23-2004, 01:54 PM
yes I would....

Would-be robber attacked by customer with hammer

A masked gunman was hit on the head four times with a hammer after a customer intervened to stop an attempted robbery on a pizza shop.

The would-be robber had ordered everyone in Stoney's Pizza, Columbus, Ohio, to drop to the floor.

Witnesses said he searched an office for money, but when he couldn't open a till, he tried to get away.

But customer, JR Croy, used his truck to block the gunman's getaway and a sledgehammer to subdue him.

"I was sitting here with the hammer, and he pointed the gun up at me. After hitting him in the head with a hammer four times, he wouldn't go down."

The pizza shop has given Croy a $500 (£276) reward, which he plans to use to pay some bills. The weapon the man was carrying turned out to be a paintball gun.

Croy says he will be returning to Stoney's to keep an eye on the place, reports the newsnet5 website.
------------------------------------------------
500 dollars????

How's about free pizza, instead?

Lady's Human
03-23-2004, 04:12 PM
That brings to mind an old russian proverb......If all you have is a hammer, treat everything as if it were a nail.

CathyBogart
03-23-2004, 04:18 PM
WOW! Good for him!

DJFyrewolf36
03-23-2004, 05:39 PM
4 times in the head with a sledge hammer and he STILL wouldn't drop?! Ow....

Were drugs involved, Richard? I ask this siriously...

RICHARD
03-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36

Were drugs involved, Richard? I ask this siriously...

I do woodworking on the side and even I can't knock a nail down with four hits!;)

Drugs??????

Maybe, I cant say for sure, but anyone who would hold up a pizza joint with a paintball gun doesn't need drugs. They are already impaired!:eek: :confused: ;) :D

mugsy
03-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
That brings to mind an old russian proverb......If all you have is a hammer, treat everything as if it were a nail.

Good idea....I'll remember that!!

slick
03-23-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
"I was sitting here with the hammer, and he pointed the gun up at me. After hitting him in the head with a hammer four times, he wouldn't go down."
OK, I'm sorry but......

I'm sitting there, a guy is pointing a gun at me, I don't know if it's a real gun......

would I really want to try and provoke him by trying to knock him out with a hammer????

I don't think so. That guy has more guts than I ever will and that's hitting the nail on the head.

Karen
03-23-2004, 10:18 PM
I woulda swung for the knee instead of the head - knees are much easier to dent!

Sideways swing to the knees
Now that gunman is on the ground, step on his "gun" hand, if necessary, position sledgehammer above vunerable body area - neck, or your choice ...

;)

slick
03-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I woulda swung for the knee instead of the head - knees are much easier to dent!

Sideways swing to the knees
Now that gunman is on the ground, step on his "gun" hand, if necessary, position sledgehammer above vunerable body area - neck, or your choice ...

;)
Can you spell O-U-C-H????:eek: