PDA

View Full Version : Baby quilts

Corinna
03-23-2004, 12:41 PM
Ok since there is such joy going around if any one wants to make a 12x12 frendship quilt for steno or catahiloc . I will sew them into a quilt . Here are the rules 12x12 I use 1/2 " seams put your name on it can be a plane colored square. you can use the Iron set crayons or any thing you choose to design it . I need them by July 1st. Please tell me which quilt you want it to be for. If you have questions e-mail me at [email protected] to mail the squares to Corinna 538 7th Ave W, Columbia Falls ,Mt.59912
I think too a good way to collect the squares is to do so at your different park get togethers.
Cat owners you guys have to have some too:)
Then some one can send me the squares.
Even if you think your not crafty I know you can draw with a crayon and Iron it on check at your sewing or hobby stores. these kind of quilts are a long term memory piece ,I made one with the girls in my daughters girl scout troop for their leader she still has it on her bed (15yrs)
So let your minds and imaginations go wild. those who are so good at pictures you can print them on to fabric and use that. the fun is how each persons reflects their personality.

Cataholic
03-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Question- "Dear God, am I in Heaven"?
Answer- "No, Johanna, you are on PT".

Corinna, how very sweet of you. Thank you.

NoahsMommy
03-23-2004, 12:46 PM
That is such a wonderful idea!!! :D

OK, I know you said July 1st, but is there any way we can send some to you after the So Cal PT meeting on July 24th? I think it would a great activity we can all do together...

Corinna
03-23-2004, 12:57 PM
I suppose i could . I just will have a friend here for 2 weeks who loves to do this stuff too and thought I could have her help . But ok Lets make it August 1st. so I have a month to get them done. As I am the only one from montana some one from each get to geather will have to be responsable to get them to me.

Corinna
03-23-2004, 04:33 PM
:D

Corinna
03-24-2004, 09:41 AM
bump:)

Stenograsaurus
03-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Awww, how sweet of you, Corinna.

Karen
06-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Corinna - what fabric should we use for our squares? I know, I'm cutting it close just askin' now, but I figured I would ask, just so we're all on the same square, here!

Corinna
06-08-2004, 09:20 PM
You can use any thing ,but i prefer cottons. I haven't received any thing yet . Glad you asked to revive this thread. Come on folks lets get the quilt squares to gether.

Karen
06-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Just didn't want to pick the wrong thing - I suggest no Polyester doubleknit, and remember folks, no felt - baby quilts need to be washable! ;)

ramanth
06-24-2004, 08:35 AM
Mom's been on a quilting spree and she has tons of fabric. :D I'll see if there is anything I like when I go over there tonight. :) If not, I'll try to hit the fabric store asap. :)

Do we need to seem the edges of our squares or just cut them out, decorate, and send them as is? :)

dukedogsmom
06-24-2004, 08:37 AM
I'm not a quilting person so I'm just going to crochet one for her.

Karen
06-24-2004, 11:56 AM
We don't need to seam - just leave a half inch all around your squares for Corinna to seam 'em!

I'm not patient enough to be a quilter myself, but individual squares I can do! :)

Corinna
06-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Haven't received any squares yet but I guess I will soon.

NoahsMommy
06-24-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
I suppose i could . I just will have a friend here for 2 weeks who loves to do this stuff too and thought I could have her help . But ok Lets make it August 1st. so I have a month to get them done. As I am the only one from montana some one from each get to geather will have to be responsable to get them to me.

OK...I'll make myself in charge of getting everyone to make a square at the meeting. It'll be fun! :)

Each square should be 12x12, right???

krazyaboutkatz
06-25-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
That is such a wonderful idea!!! :D

OK, I know you said July 1st, but is there any way we can send some to you after the So Cal PT meeting on July 24th? I think it would a great activity we can all do together...

Kelly, I'm going to be bringing some squares down to the meeting with me. AmberLee has them and will be giving them to me to pass out to everyone.:) I've already made both of my squares when I was at the Dog Park/ Picnic a few weeks ago.:)

NoahsMommy
06-25-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
Kelly, I'm going to be bringing some squares down to the meeting with me. AmberLee has them and will be giving them to me to pass out to everyone.:) I've already made both of my squares when I was at the Dog Park/ Picnic a few weeks ago.:)

YAY!!!! Do you want me to bring the stuff to decorate/write on them with? Or do you have that too?

:)

krazyaboutkatz
06-25-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
YAY!!!! Do you want me to bring the stuff to decorate/write on them with? Or do you have that too?

:) No, I have that too.:D

NoahsMommy
06-25-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
No, I have that too.:D

Cool!!! :D This will be so neat! :)

ramanth
07-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Got my squares done and just got fabric pens to sign them. :) I hope I'm not too late to send them! :eek: