PDA

View Full Version : Message From Kirsten

Uniqueviking
03-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Kirsten's computer crashed today, so she most likely won't be online for the next couple of days.

trayi52
03-23-2004, 10:35 AM
Oh no, she is going to be missed. I hope she gets her computer up and running really, really soon!

If you hear from her anymore, please tell her we are going to miss her, and hopes she gets back online soon.

Willie

catmandu
03-23-2004, 10:40 AM
The Found Cats hope too to hear from Kirsten, and our Pals Lily and Luna , we will miss them.

Uniqueviking
03-23-2004, 10:42 AM
I just talked to her on the phone again. She has a friend over who is trying to fix it for her.

Edit: Kirsten says hi :)

gini
03-23-2004, 11:01 AM
She sure has my sympathy............having just been there and done that!

Wonderful little expensive machines aren't they?

Hope she is back up really soon.

Randi
03-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Say Hi and good luck getting it up and running! Hope to see her soon! :)

catnapper
03-23-2004, 11:11 AM
That is truly terrible news! I hope the PC doctors are on their way!

Kirsten
03-23-2004, 12:16 PM
I'm just using my neigbor's comp and I have bad news:

Most likely my hard drive isn't working anymore and I'll need a new one. So it can really take a couple of days before I'm back! :(

I'll miss you all,
Kirsten

Felicia's Mom
03-23-2004, 12:24 PM
Kirsten will be missed, hope she gets back on soon.

trayi52
03-23-2004, 12:29 PM
I know the feeling Kirsten, I had to have a new hard drive too on this computer. They came out installed it, then found out I had to have a new version of XP, so I ended having to wait for that cd to come in. Anyway it took me about a week and a half to get this one back up and running. Luckily I had a spare, so I used it. But I still lost all my pictures, well I lost everything!

You are going to be missed even if it is just for a couple of days!

Willie

catcrazylady
03-23-2004, 12:34 PM
OH NO!! Kirsten we will miss you!!! Hurry back and good luck with the computer!!!

NoahsMommy
03-23-2004, 12:38 PM
After being without our DSL for the past few weeks, I feel for you.

See you when your computer feels better. :)

Cataholic
03-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Wah! Get back here soon!

Barbara
03-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Oh no: some days without computer! Horror!:rolleyes: (how could I survive my first 40 years without the internet:eek: ).

Come back soon;)

jenluckenbach
03-23-2004, 06:06 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
no computer??
How will you survive??

Hurry back.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-23-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
(how could I survive my first 40 years without the internet:eek: ).

That's funny Barbara.....because it's so true!!! I can't even remember what life was like before the internet - or PT for that matter. ;) :D

Hope you get it fixed soon, Kirsten. We'll miss you, Luna and Lily!

Kirsten
03-24-2004, 04:06 PM
Hi everyone, I'm back! At least I hope so! :)

It's been pretty weird with my comp. I got a new RAM installed yesterday, but after that, my c-drive wasn't recognized anymore. The guy who helped me is a real computer wizzard, but everything he tried wasn't working.

In the end, he even formatted the hard drive and tried to re-install Windows - still the same error message, so we thought the booting sector of the hard drive was damaged.

He took my computer with him to try some things at home, and the funny thing was that when he connected the computer at home, he was able to complete the Windows setup. After that, the computer was working again. We have no explanantion for this.

Today at noon, he brought the computer back to me, and for many many hours I was re-installing all my software, hardware and drivers. Still not everything's working, but I can go online, and that's the most important thing!

Boy, I had severe withdrawal. I really can't imagine that there was a life before the internet, I felt really amputated without my computer and my internet connection. Guess this proves that I'm a computer addict... :o

However, I'm glad I'm back! :)

Kirsten

catnapper
03-24-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm so glad that your computer is healed. Welcome back to the internet!!!!

Kirsten
03-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Thanks! :)

Yes, I really hope the computer will run stable now...

BTW, I've lost so much stuff, will be a lot of work to get it all back...

Kirsten

trayi52
03-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Kirsten, I know that feeling, I lost everything on my computer also. I didn't have all my pictures backed up, so I lost all my pictures of my sweet Grover except the ones I had uploaded to imagestation! So I had to start all over again. Installing all my programs too. I am still remembering things that are supposed to go on it.

Anyway I am so happy you are back! Welcome back to the Internet!!! And to PT.

Willie