PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Lily !!!!

aly
03-23-2004, 09:49 AM
1 year ago, a beautiful lynx point tabby was born. Our paths crossed and she came to me as a very hurt 2 week old baby. She had a string tied and deeply embedded around her leg. The vet wasn't sure if she'd lose her leg or not. We put the poor baby on antibiotics and I nursed her little leg to a full recovery!

I bottle fed her and got her a stuffed animal with a beating heart so she would feel warm and protected. I got sooo attached to her over the months, I had no clue how I was ever going to part with her.

Thats when our very own ScantyNebula started posting that she was going to get a new cat. Interestingly enough, my dad and sister were going to fly to Canada, to the exact city where Johanna lives! I PM'd her to see if she'd like Lily and she did! It was very bittersweet for me. I didn't want to let go of my baby girl. But I knew she had a wonderful life waiting for her with Johanna, Justin, and of course, furbrother Toby. Johanna has been such a wonderful mom, I'm sure Lily forgot all about me the day she arrived in Canada! The trip was very smooth. Meeting Toby was slightly rocky at first, but before too long they were playing!

Here is the Lily girl!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/pa7c6a014be747d880dfca56188e57909/fc6462fe.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p9fdeb8a26354fb94ab30ec8da933bd42/fc16bbb8.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/pa16ef47761639099b19be7e9bc7c79fb/fc5db8b7.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p20370387cb09af205638dfdf8c43cb8c/fc183f45.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pc3c73185892fe5e2c0aaa443d1e9d94c/fbecd823.jpg
(For those of you newer to Pet Talk, that is my Skylar in the pic with Lily. I have had him since he was just a few hours old)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p5225fcaeb89fdbdc606aa242fbe27eba/fbeb8271.jpg

I have many, many more pics. I might post some later. Johanna has a ton of beautiful pics of the sweet girl as well.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY

Johanna, I will have something in the mail soon for Lily and Toby. I meant it to get there by today, but I'm slow!

ramanth
03-23-2004, 09:56 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY!!!

I remember seeing those pictures of your hurt leg. :( But you have grown into a beautiful young lady. :D

catnapper
03-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Awww... you are such a wonderful person to save her life and nurse her to complete health and send her to a happy home! Happy Birthday sweet Lily! More pictures please!

jazzcat
03-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Happy Birthday beautiful Lily!!!!!

I didn't know her story. How wonderful that she came from a PT foster! That is a great PT story!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Happy Birthday Lily!!!

Aly, you did such a wonderful job with Lily. She was the most adorable little kitten (I love the milk face pic! :D ) and she has really grown into a beautiful young lady with the most amazing eyes! Hopefully Johanna will reply with some of her more current pics where her eyes usually seem to be the focus of the pic. She sure is a sweetie.

And look at tiny Skylar! :D

Randi
03-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Happy Birthday, sweet Lily!

I’m so happy you got the bestest mom to nurse you back to health – and also that she found you the perfect furrever home. Have fun today and always, and remember to share it all with Toby! ;)

Kisses and headbumpies from me and Fister!

catmandu
03-23-2004, 10:47 AM
I think that that is such a heartwarming story , and proves what can be done , with love. You ceratinly did a tremendous job , with Lily , and I am sure that she and Toby are Fast Friends. And may the Lord Bless and Keep You.

Uniqueviking
03-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Happy Birthday, Lily.

Barbara
03-23-2004, 01:32 PM
Happy Birthday Lily !!!!!

I remember your story since the first day you came here and although I did nothing for you I feel so proud of being part of a community that makes a difference for so many pets. You are such a gorgeous teenage lady now (one can see that already when you put your paw on brother Skylar's head) and you owe that to two wonderful Pettalkers.

All the best for your life and many happy returns of your birthday:)

kimlovescats
03-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Happy Birthday to beautiful Lily! What a blessing you were to here life from the beginning!!! :)

apcrs5122
03-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Happy Birthday sweet Lily!!! You have been through a lot in the first year of your life, and now you have many people who love you and a kitty brother that loves you as well.

Vio&Juni
03-24-2004, 08:17 AM
Oh, beautiful Lily is one year old!

I remember her cute little face with milk all over :)

Besides her rough start, she had the bestest luck with meowmies ;)

catcrazylady
03-24-2004, 08:53 AM
Oh my goodness! What a story to touch the heart and what an absolutely adorable face to go with it!!! It must be wonderful to not only save this baby but to be able to see her grow up in a loving home.

!!!!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A VERY BEAUTIFUL AND LUCKY LILY !!!!!

Kater
03-24-2004, 09:22 AM
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, Lily!!!
I have so enjoyed watching you grow up and then go to your furrrever home! You are a very lucky kitty to have had 2 special Pet Talkers in your life!

I hope Johanna sees this thread and posts some of her wonderful Lily close-ups!

rg_girlca
03-24-2004, 11:35 AM
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY SWEET LILY.

You've come a long way baby. Those baby pics are just priceless and what a beautiful young lady you have turned out to be.

Kirsten
03-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Lily, happy birthday to you, little girl!

A cute little baby has grown into a beautiful cat lady!

Have a great day,

Kirsten

Steffi N
03-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Happy Happy Birthday Lily

You have been very special to us since we first saw you. You are a beautiful and lucky girl.
Thank you Aly and Johanna for giving Lily a happy and healthy life.
:)

krazyaboutkatz
03-25-2004, 12:16 AM
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY LILY!!! I remember seeing these pictures and it's been great to be able to watch you grow up into a very beautiful cat. You had a wonderful foster mommy and now you have a wonderful new mommy and big brother.:D I hope you had a great day and got lots of loving and treats too.:)