PDA

View Full Version : eternal sunshine

guster girl
03-23-2004, 12:23 AM
I just got back from the movie theater and saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I loved it. It is very different, and, really got to me. I'm in sortof a zone right now because of it. Not sure yet if it's a good or bad zone. But, I'm not uncomfortable with where it took me. Anyway, Jim Carrey was my favorite thing about this movie. I love Kate Winslet, and, she was great in the film, but, I don't know...I thought Carrey was more so. The concept is a little bit disturbing, but, it really did get into my head and swirl things around a bit. It just sort of reminded me that it isn't supposed to be about the destination or the results...it's about the journey you took to get there. Cool film.

RubyMutt
03-23-2004, 08:48 AM
I completely agree. I saw it over the weekend. It was one of the best movies I've been to in months. I had high expectations for it, but it even surpassed them. It was fantastic, I'd love to go see it again.

2kitties
03-23-2004, 09:55 AM
It's on my best movies ever list.
I really can't say enough about this film. It's hard to talk about it unless you've seen it. It has so many wonderful themes and viewers can take from it what they want. It is so smart and well written and it comes together in the most ingenious ways.
While it isn't a tearful movie, some of the themes are profoundly sad. But there are also times I felt myself actually smiling and trying to talk to the characters in the theater. It's moving and- if you really take the time to think about it and understand what's going on- it has alot to teach us.
For me, I decided to take from it that we all have to watch what we wish for, that fate sometimes takes care of use regardless of our mistakes made by free will and most importantly, that those things we think we hate out those we love are precisely what we would miss most in their absence.

guster girl
03-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I loved it. I cried some at the end and on the way home I was sortof in a zombie state. It hit home with me because I had a relationship similar to that, and, sometimes wish I could just erase it from my memory. But, it reminded me that, man, would I ever regret it if I did. Because the good memories are just about the best memories I have of life, despite the crap memories.

Uabassoon
03-23-2004, 01:12 PM
I love that movie, I thought it was one of the best I'd seen in a long time,