PDA

View Full Version : for all you BUNNY lovers!

manda_moo87
03-22-2004, 09:05 PM
This is my site:

Bucktail Rabbitry
http://www.geocities.com/bucktailrabbitry

I breed Holland Lops! Bunnies rule! :)

G.P.girl
03-22-2004, 09:58 PM
hey i have a bunny!
it says the site is unavailable though:(

Karen
03-22-2004, 10:01 PM
I couldn't get there either.

manda_moo87
03-23-2004, 12:41 AM
Hmm...yeah sometimes that happens, it should be up and running again in a few hours.

BunnyMum
03-23-2004, 01:22 AM
:( I'm not really into breeding when countless unwanted bunnies (and pets of all kinds) sit in shelters everywhere.

Sweet Sixy
03-23-2004, 09:52 AM
My little guy is a Briarwood bunny! Who can't love a hollan lop, they're so adorable and have the sweetest personalities!

Daisylover
03-23-2004, 09:54 AM
I have to agree with BunnyMum, there are waaaayyyyy to many homeless bunnies to condone breeding. Our rabbit sanctuary was asked to take in over 400 homeless and unwanted rabbits in January 2004 alone. There was no way we could accept them all.......it was heart-breaking.

wolfie
03-23-2004, 10:22 AM
Really, there are lots of homeless bunnies? I didn't know - I though only dogs and cats had an overpopulation problem. I've never seen bunnies in my local shelters... but then maybe they go to private bunny rescues or something.

manda_moo87, I went to your site, your bunnies are really cute. :)

BunnyMum
03-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Of course there are tons of homeless rabbits - why do you think The house Rabbit Society exists?! The truth of it is, many animal shelters don't have the room or the know how to take in homeless bunnies. If it weren't for rescue agencies like the HRS, these animals would have NOWHERE to go.

Please don't ever buy a rabbit from a breeder or a pet store. Contact the HRS or your local animal shelter and adopt one.

Thousands of unwanted rabbits are euthanized every year. :(

manda_moo87
03-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Sweet Sixy, your little Holland is adorable! What a cute boy! I know, Hollands are wonder and have great personalities!

Thanks to all for the complements on my site.

Yes, there are many homeless bunnies in the world. I do not breed often (unlike many breeders) and haven't even had a litter yet. But I breed to help to improve the Holland Lop breed and get show quality rabbits. Showing rabbits are great fun, I'm also in 4-H with my rabbits. It's great.

I hope that someday if I have more space I will be able to adopt some homeless buns...:) There are some very cute ones at our local shelter.

manda_moo87
03-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Also, just thought I'd ask...I'm new to the whole Forum world...how do you add a picture to your signature? I don't think mine is showing up for some reason...:rolleyes: lol

Thanks ;)

wolfie
03-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by manda_moo87
how do you add a picture to your signature? I don't think mine is showing up for some reason

That's because you hosted it on geocites, which doesn't allow you to direct link images (post them on other sites). Try sigining up for photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com) to host your pictures. :)

manda_moo87
03-23-2004, 07:26 PM
Oh okay thanks! I've found a place called imagestation.com hopefully now my banner will show up! :)

BunnyMum
03-23-2004, 10:36 PM
No, image station doesn't remote link either, it's not working.

G.P.girl
03-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Sweet Sixy your bunny is really cute! i took some new pics of cadbury yesterday. i think he's a mini-lop we bought him from a pet store where he was in a tiny cage and he could barely hop around in. plus they don't have bunny shelters in hungary

manda_moo87
03-24-2004, 06:49 PM
AWW Cadbury is a beautiful little bunny! :D

Aspen and Misty
03-24-2004, 07:19 PM
I also agree with adopting a bunny before going to a breeder.

I have a Mini Rex and a holland lop. Welcome to the forum! Bunnies are the best!!

Ash