PDA

View Full Version : My foster Rusty has died.......I am sad....

carole
03-22-2004, 07:40 PM
I just received this devasting news by email a few minutes ago, so I am in tears as I write this.

Some of you will know I rescued two kittens from out of the cold over a year ago, one was Sooti who I adopted and lost Feb last year, the other was Rusty aka Sandy(our name for him), he was four mths old, Sooti about 9.

I just emailed his owner to send her congrats on the birth of her new son, and of course asked after Rusty, she told me he had to be put to sleep on the vets advice, he had been in a bad cat fight, and his face was a mess and he was in a lot of pain.

I cannot believe he is gone as well, all three kittens who orginally belonged to a guy living down the road from me are gone, all young and beautiful, Rusty was a lovely caramel-beige colour and he had a lovely nature, I almost could not decide which one to keep, but kept Sooti , as he had less chance of being adopted being older.

It is so weird, I said to my husband I hope Rusty is ok, he hasn't died or anything, I don't even know why I said it, I never really wanted to know if anything bad happened to him, I am so sad, he was so cute.

Rest in peace darling Rusty, you will have your mate Sooti to show you the ropes at RB.

Sooti and Rusty were great pals, slept together , play fought together, it was hard separating them, now they will be together forever.

I loved you for only a short time lil Rusty, but you will always have a place in my heart, I was your mum for a little while,and you were my furbaby, we have you on video, so we will always remember you with love.

jenluckenbach
03-22-2004, 07:59 PM
How very sad :( RIP Rusty.

moosmom
03-22-2004, 08:07 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Rusty, Carole. At least he was lucky enough to have you in his short little life.

RIP Sweet Rusty. Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge.

AmberLee
03-22-2004, 08:08 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of this loss. {{{Carole}}}

You're right, I'm sure little Rusty is having a great time playing at the bridge for now...

carole
03-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Thanks guys , the one thing I can assure you all of, his life was short, but good, his adoptee is a wonderful young lady, and she adored him, it just is so sad is all., I was feeling so blue when I read it, I just had to come on here and share, as it always makes me feel a little better, everyone is so kind and caring, and you all understand what it feels like.:)

I have asked his owner if she has any pics on the computer, if so I will post them of Rusty, I have a real precious one of him as a kitten, but no scanner unfortunately, I would love you guys to see him., I find it all helps the grieving process along to share., for me anyhow.

Steffi N
03-22-2004, 08:27 PM
I am sorry to hear about Rusty. Please give our sympathy to his owner.
Rest in Peace, Rust.

jazzcat
03-22-2004, 09:01 PM
I'm so sorry.

Rest in Peace sweet Rusty.

rosethecopycat
03-22-2004, 09:05 PM
They knew love.

Godspeed to the bridge, little ones.

rg_girlca
03-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Oh Carole, I am so sorry to hear about dear Rusty. How devasting to hear such sad news.
You have sweet memories of him and he will always be in your thoughts and in your heart. He will be sadly missed but not forgotten.
My sympathies to you and little Rusty's family.

Rest in Peace sweet Rusty and have fun playing together again with Sooti.

slick
03-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Oh Carole, my heart breaks for you and for Rusty's Meowmie. I believe that everything happens for a reason and maybe Sooti was not happy at the RB without Rusty. Anyway, you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Play happy Rusty and may sure you look up Casper and OJ for me.

IttyBittyKitty
03-23-2004, 04:12 AM
Oh Carole, that is such bad news! The poor little darling. One thing is true, though, this little dear one experienced a lot of love even if the life time was short.

Godspeed to the bridge little one .... :(

catmandu
03-23-2004, 08:48 AM
We at the Found Cats Hotel send thier condolences , on the passing of Rusty.And rosethecopycats is right , they did know love , and were Treasured Companions when they died , not Strays!And Rusty , and his friend will get special consideration , at the Rainbow Bridge , and will be Eternal Kitten angels , and will have kitten fun , for Eternity.

K & L
03-23-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm so sorry! RIP Rusty.

ramanth
03-23-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm so sorry. :( RIP Rusty.

carole
03-23-2004, 01:41 PM
I have two beautiful pictures of Rusty sent to me today by his owner, but they are not in JPG form etc, I donot know how to change them, or have the software, is their anyone I can send them to and change them for me, they are such beautiful pics, I want to share with you all.

My daughter actually chose Rusty for his first owner at the SPCA, and he lived here for about a month as a kitten before going on to his present owner, so he was very special to us both.

carole
03-23-2004, 01:45 PM
I am confused the pic says its in jpeg form, but it will not post, HELP PLEASE!!!

Cataholic
03-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Carole,
I am so sorry. RIP Rusty.

PayItForward
03-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by carole
I am confused the pic says its in jpeg form, but it will not post, HELP PLEASE!!!
Carole, email them to me at [email protected] and I'll post them for you.

Sorry to hear about sweet Rusty. :(

carole
03-23-2004, 02:23 PM
oh thanks Jenny you are a sweetheart, lets hope this works, I am getting so fustrated here.:(

Miss Meow
03-23-2004, 02:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Rusty. Rest in peace, beautiful cat.

kimlovescats
03-23-2004, 03:09 PM
So sorry to learn of Rusty's passing. :( Thank you for showing him love in his young life! ;)

PayItForward
03-23-2004, 05:18 PM
http://www.piftails.com/images/Rusty_1.jpg

http://www.piftails.com/images/Rusty_2.jpg

He was a beautiful cat. Play hard on the bridge Rusty :(

carole
03-23-2004, 10:11 PM
He was indeed Jenny, the first pic is when he was much younger, and the other one is very recent, only a few days before he passed to RB I believe, he was the most beautiful colour, I never knew quite what colour to call him, champagne I think, he had a very nice nature too, was a lap cat, he learned to open doors, and in general was a neat kitty.

He was only about 2 yrs old, and it is such a shame, I will hold you dear in my heart forever Rusty.

davidpizzica
03-24-2004, 02:42 AM
So sorry to hear of Rusty's passing. From his pictures he was absolutely adorable! Now my beloved siamese Thai has a buddy at the Rainbow Bridge.:eek:

gini
03-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Carole, I am so sorry to read of the loss of Rusty and his sibling.

He was such an adorable kitten who grew into a magnificent cat.

It gives me comfort to know that he was well loved when so many strays never get to experience love.

carole
03-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Thank you so much Gini and David, he was indeed very special to us, and missed very much, still can't believe he is gone, I had not seen him for a long time, now I never will, and that hurts.

Sooti and Rusty will be re-united playmates, together forever, two wonderful furbabys, who deserved nothing but the best.