PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the vet.....

DogLover9501
03-22-2004, 04:27 PM
We just got back from the vet, we were hoping to get an alergy test, all we got was some fish oil for Jasper's food, more pills and told to feed him nothing(not even treats) just the food, which we've already done :rolleyes:

Anyway Jasper was 34.7 LBs on Feb.18th and today he was 40 :D

The vet said she's known boxers who have scratched their whole lives :(

Anyway he did great in his first class on Saturday :)

Is there such thing as an alergy test for dogs?? To find out exactly what they are alergic to?

wolfsoul
03-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Yes, they have allergy tests for dogs. :) I think you can get more simple ones though, like blood tests (I think those are just for figuring out if the allergies are food induced or air induced or whatnot though). You might want to ask Cincy's Mom; I hope I'm correct that Cincy has had some allergy tests before.

What type of food is Jasper on? If you think he has food allergies, you might want to eliminate any foods with corn, wheat, beef, or chicken in them. See if he still has allergies after that.

DogLover9501
03-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Jasper has to eat lamb and rice food for 6-8 weeks and nothing else, which is going to be very hard because Im suposed to bring something extra motivating to his classes on saturday :( He is NOT going to work in class for his regular food.