PDA

View Full Version : Hobo update!

Glacier
03-22-2004, 03:43 PM
My vet, the amazing Dr. Brown, just called. Hobo's elbow is definately infected and the source of his limp. It hurts to straighten the joint so he won't put his paw flat. However, there is good news for a change too! The infection has not moved into his bones! Dr. B says it's on the verge of doing that so we caught it just in time. A bone infection could have lead to very serious problems, even having to amputate that leg!! Hobo will need a massive dose of anti-biotics for the next three weeks, but he should be fine.

Dr. B expects that next winter the little guy will be ready and able to pull again. Hobo is willing to do it now, but for his own good he is done for this season. He gets so mad when I leave him behind. I was worried that he would be done as a sled dog--not that we wouldn't still love and keep him, but he's a very high energy dog and he was bred to pull and loves to work. I don't know how I'd keep him entertained and healthy mentally if he couldn't be a sled dog anymore!

Dr. B is very impressed with how the rest of Hobo's wounds have healed. Especially the rectal tear. Hobo has not had any difficulties with bowel control which was a definate possible after the injury.

Thanks for your prayers and positive energy for the little guy. I'm so happy to have some decent news for a change!!:D :D

lovemyshiba
03-22-2004, 08:46 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!

I'm happy that you caught it in time--that is fabulous news for Hobo--I'm sure he can't wait to get out there and start pulling again!!!!!!!! He should have plenty of time to rest up, and he'll be all set to go again next year!!

I'm happy to hear that everything else has healed up well too.

Looks like the clouds may be lifting;)

My Peanuts
03-22-2004, 09:47 PM
OH HOW WONDERFUL! It's good to hear some good news for a change. Rest up and get better Hobo:)

delidog
03-23-2004, 06:06 AM
Oh,Thanks for the Update....
I am so glad that Hobo is healing well....
I know it will take a while,But he is in Godd,Loving Hands!!!:)
Give him a Hug & a Treat for us!!!!;) :) :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-23-2004, 07:05 AM
Glad to hear that Hobo is on the mend!
He will remain in my thoughts. Hugs and kisses to that precious Hobo!

ramanth
03-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Allright Hobo!! :D Glad to hear he'll recover a-okay. :D

Kona & Oreo's mom
03-23-2004, 09:00 AM
It's great that you caught the infection in time and that Hobo is recovering so well. Get better soon, Hobo!

K9soul
03-23-2004, 12:10 PM
So glad to hear this Glacier. Read the other post and just felt so saddened for Hobo. What a fighter he is. He is one strong, special boy. :)

tatsxxx11
03-23-2004, 02:31 PM
Great news Glacier! You know, just before you said those words I was thinking of the possibility of bone infection, a serious condition for sure! Thank goodness it was caught in the nick of time! You've got the best Mom!:D You rest up now Hobo and get all better so you can pull next year!

RobiLee
03-23-2004, 02:35 PM
I'm so glad that Hobo is going to be alright. What great news.

Hobo, I hope you are all better real soon. Hugs for you!

Robin :)