PDA

View Full Version : Need advice ASAP! At wit's end...

sirrahved
03-22-2004, 03:08 AM
Oh boy...

Someone's been peeing in random places around the house. This morning it was my WOOL COAT!:mad: :eek: Jason and I have already decided to add another litter box, go back to the litter we were using before (we just switched, thought this might have contributed) and steam clean the carpets with a pet odor neutralizing shampoo. It isn't just one place, so petno isn't going to help.

We discovered my coat this morning because Pickles was "digging." I don't know if that means that he is the culprit, or if he just smelled Marsha's.

We did have problems with Marsh when we were using paper litter after Pickles' surgery 6 months ago, but haven't had problems since. Now all of a sudden it's been the closet, a blanket, underneath the bed, and now my coat! We're in an apartment, so we have to put a stop to it NOW or pay BIG when we move out. Any suggestions?

jenluckenbach
03-22-2004, 04:40 AM
Please attempt to find out WHO and have them checked by a vet. UTI (a common cause for this problem) won't go away by itself. And a good 90 % of these cases ARE medically related.

But I suspect that the change of litter may be the instigator escpecially since you have seen that before.

catmandu
03-22-2004, 09:21 AM
The Touble is just that as Jen suggests , is finding out who , without actaully seeing who ,it is. I wouuld be concerned that one of the Boy Cats has cyrstals! Good Luck , and hope that all is well!

kimlovescats
03-22-2004, 09:57 AM
Just lending my moral support .... hope you find the culprit soon! ;)

jazzcat
03-22-2004, 10:41 AM
More moral support here.

Jen is right, find out who and have them vet checked. If it's only behavior related (or even if it's caused by illness and the bad habit has started) I recommend Feliway Plug Ins and spray to help. I've been using it for Ripley and it has seemed to help.

Most importantly though, make sure there isn't a health problem first.