PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from Sedona

Uabassoon
03-21-2004, 11:04 PM
This weekend my partner and I went to Sedona, Az since I'd never been and always wanted to go. It was so beautiful, the mountains were bright red!

We walked around Slide Rock National Park, I had so much fun. It was so neat to see water in Arizona. I grew up near an ocean but I'd never been to a creek or seen running water like that before.

http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/uabassoon/IM001779.jpg
My partner walking along the creek.

http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/uabassoon/IM001781.jpg
The mountains.

http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/uabassoon/IM001780.jpg

http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/uabassoon/IM001777.jpg
Me and my partner. Behind us you can see the natural water slide. It was so cool, people were sliding down it and having a blast. I got in the water too, but it was freezing!

http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/uabassoon/IM001776.jpg

http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/uabassoon/IM001775.jpg

And that's it!

Kfamr
03-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Neat pictures! I'd be scared to go on the "slide".

You mean you're cheating on me!? :eek: :p

Moose
03-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Great pictures, looks like fun. :)

kimlovescats
03-22-2004, 01:59 AM
What gorgeous photos!!! Sedona is a beautiful place .... thanks for sharing!;)

Kater
03-22-2004, 02:11 AM
Gorgeous scenery! *eyes popping out of head* I love the red rock and the evergreens! (at least they look like evergreens....) Now I know why my friend REALLY wants to work in Arizona over the summer!

I got outdoors a bit over my Spring Break but the weather was just blecky. I'm glad you could enjoy the cooler weather during your visit up "north." ;)

That water slide looks like such a blast! Slide Rock National Park is now on my list of must-visits.

And I must add - you two make a very cute couple! :)

Barbara
03-22-2004, 02:31 AM
I have been in Sedona last year! What a wonderful place. I wouldn't have expected that it is so warm at this time of the year.

Tonya
03-22-2004, 06:44 AM
Great pics! We used to go to sliderock when I was a kid! It was fun. :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Awesome pictures, Laura!

Andrew and I wanted to go to Sedone when we were in AZ, but we were there for a very short time. Hopefully, we will be back at Ft. Huachucka after Germany for about 6 months. That will give us more time to check out things. I really liked Arizona. I wouldn't mind living there. But we weould have to live in Tuscon or a bigger city than Sierra Vista!

Thanks for sharing your pictures!!

Kona & Oreo's mom
03-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Your pictures are beautiful. What scenery! I was in AZ last week, too--the weather was gorgeous. Spring is here!

CountryWolf07
03-22-2004, 10:01 AM
Awesome pictures!! :) Thanks for sharing! I think I would slide down.. that looks like fun! :D

Uabassoon
03-22-2004, 10:36 AM
And I must add - you two make a very cute couple!
Awww, thanks Kate!

ramanth
03-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Hey.. I've been there! :D :p (With my ex.. many moons ago.. ;) ) I'll have to find a picture of me sliding down that water slide. :D

You two look so cute together and I'm glad you had a good time.

Edwina's Secretary
03-22-2004, 11:45 AM
The first time I went to Sedona was when I was a student at the University of Arizona. I remember going to Mass in a church built right into the mountains. This was the hippie days and the priest was wearing sandels and the communion wafer was some kind of all natural whole wheat! The back of the altar was all glass so it looked like you were sitting right in the mountains!

Looks like you had great fun! Did you go on to the Grand Canyon?

2kitties
03-22-2004, 11:47 AM
oh dear it's amazing! I'm so jealous!

Uabassoon
03-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Did you go on to the Grand Canyon?
No, we didn't make it to the Grand Canyon, but I had been there before. We spent a night in Flagstaff which was also very beautiful. It was very green and full of trees. It was also really cold which I loved, since it's already hot in Tucson it was nice to be able to wear a long sleeve shirt.

trayi52
03-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Laura, what beautiful photos! That is such a beautiful place. I know you and your partner had to have a lot of fun! I think some of those pictures would really make a great wallpaper!

Yes you two make such a cute couple, I'm glad you had so much fun together.

Willie:)

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 11:38 AM
I'm jealous as all hell! I think you should have taken me with you.....

PS. You are SO hooked! heheheheh ;)

Uabassoon
03-24-2004, 11:40 AM
I'm jealous as all hell! I think you should have taken me with you.....

Yeah right! But I'll let you come with me to the Pet Talk meeting in July.
p.s. I'm not hooked!

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 11:42 AM
"Let me come with you"??? pfft... I'm the one getting a free hotel room... I'll say you're letting me come with you!

hooked... hooked hooked hooked hooked hooked..... :D

Where are the pics from Flagstaff>???

Uabassoon
03-24-2004, 11:58 AM
I don't really have any good pictures of Flagstaff since we didn't really do too much. I pretty much just realxed, went out to a nice dinner and went to a movie. Oh and had ice cream from Cold Stone.. yumm.
However I do have a cute picture of Alexa being upset upon discovering that I had no idea how to change a flat tire so she had to do it herself. Actually she couldn't do it either so the hotel gardner had to go it for us.
http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/uabassoon/IM001773.jpg

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 12:00 PM
What kind of lesbians are you that neither of you know how to change a tire????? **shakes head** You need to retake lesbianism 101. This is a dark dark day for the family. I shall rip my clothing in mourning!

EssTer
03-24-2004, 12:33 PM
OMG,AWESOME photos... I love that nature, that landscape.. OMg.. coool... and you there have a summer, ooo, lucky..:D

Uabassoon
03-24-2004, 12:36 PM
OMG,AWESOME photos... I love that nature, that landscape.. OMg.. coool... and you there have a summer, ooo, lucky..

We get too much summer here! I would LOVE to have a winter.

Logan
03-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
What kind of lesbians are you that neither of you know how to change a tire????? **shakes head** You need to retake lesbianism 101. This is a dark dark day for the family. I shall rip my clothing in mourning!

Is this a necessary comment, really???? :confused:

Laura, it looks like you had a great trip! We have a "sliding" rock about 45 minutes from here. I need to find some of the pictures we took last year. It is an incredibly fun place! I haven't "slid" myself in years, but I sure have had fun watching the kids do it! :)

PJ's Mom
03-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by heinz57_79

:rolleyes:

It looks like you two had a great time! :)

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Ok... obviously only Laura realises that I was JOKING!! For gosh sakes!! I mean really..... :rolleyes:

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 01:43 PM
PS. Arizona is pretty much ALL summer... I'm definitely with Laura on having a good winter with real snow n stuff. We have 3 seasons... Hot, december, and HOT DAMN!