PDA

View Full Version : The Commercial Thread.

Dogz
03-21-2004, 07:01 PM
I thought this would be a fun topic. I know there are some stupid commercials, and some that you really like. Share your thoughts about the commercials you like/dislike.:)

I like the Cottenelle commercials with the yellow lab puppy.

I also like the Delight commercials where he sings, "From the moment I wake up, I reach for my smiley face cup, and get a little pour from you...."

I just saw a commercial tonight that said, "Are you a lemon? You smell like a lemon." LOL! I didn't get to see what the commercial was about though, I wasn't paying much attention.

Rottieluver45
03-21-2004, 07:10 PM
I love Wayne Brady!

He`s so fun! Especially on that show whose line is it anyway.

CamCamPup33
03-21-2004, 07:22 PM
LOL! I love that commercial with wayne brady in it!

I sing it everytime it comes on! LOL!!!

Rottieluver45
03-21-2004, 07:38 PM
I~d sing it but I don`t know the words! :o

primabella
03-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Wayne Brady is the best. I'm a huge fan of Whose Line! :D

I love this commercial I saw once with a Golden puppy "writing" a letter to his parents from camp with the tune of Camp Granada. It went "Hello mother, hello father. Fleas and ticks are not a bother..." It was adorable. :D

Moose
03-21-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Wayne Brady is the best. I'm a huge fan of Whose Line! :D

I love this commercial I saw once with a Golden puppy "writing" a letter to his parents from camp with the tune of Camp Granada. It went "Hello mother, hello father. Fleas and ticks are not a bother..." It was adorable. :D

Haha I've seen that one! It's so adorable!

Rottieluver45
03-21-2004, 07:43 PM
I`ve seen that commercial! The puppy reminds me of Guster girls puppy, Finn.

binka_nugget
03-21-2004, 07:52 PM
I loved that Kibbles n Bits commercial with the dog dancing. I hated the food but the commercial was just hillarious!:D

GoldenRetrLuver
03-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by primabella

I love that commercial! :D
I also like the Carl's Jr. commercial that went "Could you find the nuggets on this chicken...? Neither could we. Introducing the Carl's Jr. chicken breast strips; because chickens don't have nuggets." Then they had some people pick up a chicken and try to fnd the 'nuggets' lmao. :p:D

I also like the Meow Mix commercial. ;)

*EDIT* Oh, and I can't forget the Kung-Foo Lassie commerical...hehehe, it's great. :D

Dogz
03-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Oh, I can't forget the Geico commercials-- gotta love them!:)

green_chameleon_girl
03-21-2004, 08:38 PM
OMG yay!! The Geico commercials are the best!;):D

Kfamr
03-22-2004, 08:10 PM
I just saw one wiht a Lab puppy (and some others) for K9 Advantix. It was soooooooo adorable.

green_chameleon_girl
03-22-2004, 08:12 PM
I also love the Blockbuster commercials with the rabbit and the Guinea Pig and the mice hahah! Those make me laugh!:D

lovemyshiba
03-22-2004, 08:24 PM
I just love the Cottonelle one with the pup--so adorable!!
And the pups at camp--I adore that one!!!!!!!
The Kibbles and Bits dancing dog was hilarious--too bad the food is so awful!!!!:eek:

There's a new Geico commercial with a bunch of dogs riding in a car and sticking their heads out the window--the beagle on that one looks just like my Abbey!!!! I love it!!!!!!! Every time it comes on at work, I yell "there's my dog!!" A few people thought it was actually my dog, lol.

The mastercard commercial with the dogs is one of my all time favorites. The one that says at the end, "Life with a dog, priceless!"

I don't know why, but I love Toys R Us commercials. Geoffrey the giraffe cracks me up every time!!!

As for the other end of the spectrum, I despise the Verizon "Can you hear me now?" guy, and I hate the McDonald's commercials.

Pam
03-22-2004, 09:54 PM
My favorite commercial hasn't been on for several months now, but it is for Tidy Cat Crystals. There is a sweet little kitten who thinks the crystals are diamonds. I just love his voice! The whole commercial is so cute. My hubby usually mutes commercials :rolleyes: but I tell him not to mute this one! LOL!

popcornbird
03-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba

I don't know why, but I love Toys R Us commercials. Geoffrey the giraffe cracks me up every time!!!

LOL!!! *sings*.............I don't want to grow up.........I want to be a kid.........I want to be a Toys R Us kid.......

I remember seeing a Toys R Us commercial with that song when I was a little kid, and after that, I would ALWAYS sing it. It would get on my mom's nerves! She would ask me why I would sing the Toys R Us song, and I would tell her *Because I don't want to grow up..............Grown ups have to do WAY too much responsibility* :rolleyes:

Now, whenever she remembers, she asks me, *Then why did you grow up???*

Becaaaaaaaaause.........I couldn't help it. :p LOL!

trayi52
03-22-2004, 10:32 PM
I also love the Blockbuster commercials with the rabbit and the Guinea Pig and the mice hahah! Those make me laugh!

That is also one of my favorites, I just love to watch the little Guinea Pig Dancing his booty off. Soo cute!

Poppy how sweet you are!! You just couldn't help growing up! At least you're still at home, and are not planning on leaving anytime soon. Like my daughter is planning.:(

Willie

lovemyshiba
03-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Pam I love that commercial too!!!!!

micki76
03-22-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Pam
My favorite commercial hasn't been on for several months now, but it is for Tidy Cat Crystals. There is a sweet little kitten who thinks the crystals are diamonds. I just love his voice! The whole commercial is so cute. My hubby usually mutes commercials :rolleyes: but I tell him not to mute this one! LOL!

Oh Pam! I love that commercial!

Emily, I adore that commercial for cottonelle with the doggy door and the puppy!!!! Major "awwww factor". :)

There's a new one I've been seeing the last few days, can't remember what it's for. :o Anyway, there's a large lady stapling a reward poster for her lost hamster and you see it climbing down her shirt and then circling her body. There's a guy standing behind her reading the poster and he sees the reward poster and tries to sneakily reach into her her shirt for the hamster. :) Of course he gets caught and she beats the snot out of him. The announcer says "need extra cash?" It's too funny! :D :D

trayi52
03-22-2004, 10:57 PM
Micki, I haven't got to see that one yet. I can't wait to see it. That sounds hilarious!

catnapper
03-22-2004, 11:13 PM
I like the new Six Flags commercial with the old man getting off the bus and doing a weird dance... I don;t know why. This type of silliness normally annoys me, not tickles my funny bone:D

Laura's Babies
03-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Has anyone seen the one where a man has made a sandwich and the phone rings or someone knocks on the door so he puts his sandwich and soda on the counter to go answer it.. The dog comes along and grabs the sandwich and you hear him eating it... Then he comes back and puts the empty plate back and grabs the soda. You hear the top pop and gurggle sounds as he drinks it, then he puts the empty can back on there, he dissapears a moment and comes back with the cat and puts it up there where the empty plate and soda can is and the man walks in as the dig dissapears... I like to have died laughing at that one!! I haven't seen it but ONCE!! Would love to see it again.. Never did figure out what they were advertising, I was laughing to hard..

Corinna
03-23-2004, 09:34 AM
I lke most commercials but the new citi card one really Pi**es me off. It's an heavier lady putting up a lost hampster poster . a young skinny guy sees it running on her so he tries to reach up under her clothing to get it.
First of all just becouse she heavey doesn't mean she'll lose a hampster on her!GRR 2nd why does it seem just becouse some one ois heavy they don't deserve the same curtesy of being talked to not just reach out.
I'm about 30lbs overweught and people act like your stupid just becouse you are, there is nothing wrong with my brain.
Sorry I ranted but this commercial really gets me mad.

Laura it's a cola commercial they have played the heck out of it on NBC.

lovemyshiba
03-23-2004, 10:01 AM
LOL at the hamster commercial--I think it's funny too Micki!!!!

The one with the dog and the sandwich is, I believe, for pepsi.

I just thought of another one:
It's for a new Chevy truck, and there are 3 or 4 guys driving along in it. The Shania Twain song "Feel like a Woman" is playing on the radio, and one guy is just belting it out, and the other guys are just looking at him--it's so funny!!!!

lovemyshiba
03-23-2004, 01:44 PM
I forgot--I love the Travelocity commercials with the roaming gnome!! He cracks me up!!
"Cheerio...and don't forget your hat!!"
:) :) :) :) :)

dukedogsmom
03-23-2004, 03:28 PM
The new Geico commercial with all of the dogs in cars. Except they've got one dog loose in the back of a pickup which I don't like. And all of Sierra Mist ones with that crazy dog. That dog cracks me up.

2kitties
03-23-2004, 03:31 PM
There is a Whiskas commericial whith this orange and white housecat hiding in tall grass on what can be assumed is the African landscape. And he chases a Zebra or something. It cracks me up!

catnapper
03-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
I lke most commercials but the new citi card one really Pi**es me off. It's an heavier lady putting up a lost hampster poster . a young skinny guy sees it running on her so he tries to reach up under her clothing to get it.
First of all just becouse she heavey doesn't mean she'll lose a hampster on her!GRR 2nd why does it seem just becouse some one ois heavy they don't deserve the same curtesy of being talked to not just reach out.
I'm about 30lbs overweught and people act like your stupid just becouse you are, there is nothing wrong with my brain.

I completely agree! They make her look so stupid. I'm heavy too... and believe me, I would notice a hampster crawling under my sweater! Heck, I'm sure I'd notice an ant crawling under my sweater. I swear they think that the television viewer is stupid.

dukedogsmom
03-23-2004, 03:38 PM
The sad thing is, the majority of people in general are stupid! I think a lot of tv is geared towards those people. Things that wouldn't amuse/impress us in the least would be just right for those people.

trayi52
03-23-2004, 03:47 PM
If you just notice anymore, when they do advertise, you have no idea what they are advertising anyway! My husband says, what was that one for? Half the time I just tell him I have no earthly idea. Takes a few times watching them to find out what on earth the commercial is about!

I haven't seen he one you are talking about with the hamster in it. I don't really watch that much tv anymore anyway! Just memories of old movies and old commercials.

Willie

apcrs5122
03-23-2004, 03:55 PM
I love all of the comercials you guys have said!;) The one for Six Flags with the old guy...I think it's hillarious. And ever since I was little I've liked that song;) So if you like to party c'mon and move your body! Hehe:p

2kitties
03-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Here is the one I was talking about earlier. It just cracks me up. In fact, the whole Whiskas website and branding campaign is great.
http://www.whiskas.com/WHI/USA/Play/tvCommercials.htm

Dogz
03-23-2004, 04:05 PM
I too, like the Febreeze commercials where the dog comes in through his door, sniffs, steps back out, comes back in, sniffs...;) I like the rest of them, too.:)

dukedogsmom
03-23-2004, 04:10 PM
2kitties, I like that commercial and the ones where the two scientist guys are dropping the food off the building and the cats keep catching it. Have you seen it? It's so cute.

apcrs5122
03-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Oh, there was this one Ford commercial (I think it was Ford, maybe Dodge or Chevy...maybe Chevy lol) where the truck was pulling a horse trailer and the horse had it's head stuck out the trailer window and it's lips were flapping:D Hehe, I loved that one;)

micki76
03-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Corinna

I love that commercial and I'm a lot more than thirty pounds overweight. :confused:

So far, no one has treated me like I'm stupid. It's just a funny commercial... Laugh, it's a lot more fun than being mad about something that you have ZERO control over. :)

isis
03-23-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Dogz

I like the Cottenelle commercials with the yellow lab puppy.

I also like the Delight commercials where he sings, "From the moment I wake up, I reach for my smiley face cup, and get a little pour from you...."

LOL! I don't know why, but I LOVE that commercial. I'll just start singing it when it comes on, and my mom will just look at me like i'm a freak or something.:p I'm weird, I know....

trayi52
03-23-2004, 06:08 PM
I have got to see that commercial! The one with the lost hamster, it does sound so funny. I have got to start watching more TV! I am missing out on a lot of funny stuff.

Willie

lovemyshiba
03-23-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
The new Geico commercial with all of the dogs in cars. Except they've got one dog loose in the back of a pickup which I don't like. And all of Sierra Mist ones with that crazy dog. That dog cracks me up.

Next time you see that Geico commercial with the dogs, take notice of the beagle--he or she looks exactly like my Abbey girl!!!!!!!!