PDA

View Full Version : Finn's potty training

guster girl
03-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Hey, all! Ok, we have had Finn at home with us since February 15. He's being crate trained. He NEVER lets us know, outside of his crate, when he has to pee or poo. And, any time he does have an accident in the apartment, it's usually our fault for not taking him. Like I know to take him out as soon as he's done eating, but, I slack sometimes. Hey, I'm human. :) But, I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to teach him to give us a sign. We have a bell we hoped to teach him to ring when he needed to go out. But, to be honest with you, I really don't know how to train him to use it. Thanks ahead for any suggestions.

Tonya
03-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Well, I'm not quite a successful potty trainer yet, but here is what I'm doing...Everytime we go outside, I ding the windchimes on my way out. Sarah has figured out that windchimes make sounds and the sound equals outside so far. She hasn't really started hitting it with her paws yet, but I think she will in time.

guster girl
03-21-2004, 06:26 PM
That's pretty much what I figured, but, I have just been lazy and now I know I've made it harder on myself. Ugh. But, the windchimes sound cool, instead of a bell. I actually don't like the metal windchimes, but, I have some wooden ones that would be more pleasant to listen to! :) I might give that a shot.