PDA

View Full Version : 10 Things I learned from Sitting in the rain

Aspen and Misty
03-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Today I feeling like the scum of the earth, no one was home, my friends are mad at me, it was raining and my pets were being lazy. So I grabed a chair and headout to the back yard. I put my chair on the patio and I sat there listing to the rain, watching it hit the earth, the trees and the puddles. While doing this I came up with 10 things, so I thought I would share them with you, mainly cause I'm bored.

1. This world turns with or without me in it, and if I leave, it doesn't matter because life will continue on

2. Life has a funny way of starting over and refreshing itself.

3. I'm beutiful (hee hee)

4. Don't take things for granted, some only happen once.

5. Real Friend are hard to find.

6. When you need someone, they most likly won't be there

7. When you feel like the scum of the earth, grab a chair, wait for it to rain, turn Josh Groban's Cd Closer to track 2 and sit there. Close your eyes and just let your mind wander. Don't have an agenda, don't think about what you need to do, just sit, and let your mind do the thinking.

8. When the rain touches you, you will feel refreshed, like you just took a long nap.

9. Theres nothing that a good cry won't fix

and

10. When you have something good, hold on to it.\

What are some things you have learned and want to share?

Ash

dukedogsmom
03-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Well, I've learned that there are all different kinds of happiness. I used to think that I had to be married to be happy but I learned the hard way that's really not true. Yes, it's a different kind of happiness and I can't say that it works for all the time but some things just don't happen the way you planned. Duke has taught me that dogs are so special. I've always loved animals but Duke has made me love them even more.

catnapper
03-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Great idea! Here's some things that I have learned:
*You're never too old to still be a kid
*Tired? Cranky? Take a shower, go to bed... the same mess will still be there in the morning, but you'll feel refreshed and ready to conquer the problems head on.
*You can re-invent yourself with a bottle of haircolor;)

trayi52
03-21-2004, 01:16 AM
Great thread!

I have learned it is better to talk to your children and not yell at them. Because if you yell, they don't hear you at all.

It is better to always keep the communication lines open with your children no matter how old they are.

Right now I am 51 years old, and I really haven't learned anything! I guess maybe I'm still learning?? Think a little of that hair color would help?

Willie

rg_girlca
03-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Here are some things that I have learned from my dear sweet Mom.

If you have problems getting your child's attention, just sit down and pretend you are talking on the phone.

If you don't like something about yourself, change it. If you can't change it, accept it.

In three words, I can sum up everything i've learned about life.
It goes on.

Think with your head, not your heart.

Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because YOU are.

Be of use, but don't be used.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.

Moose
03-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Well, mine aren't too philosophical but here it goes...

-If you want to do something, do it -- you might not have the opportunity again.

-When everything seems to be going wrong and you feel like no one is on your side, look for your friends -- they'll be there.

Originally posted by rp_girlca
If you don't like something about yourself, change it. If you can't change it, accept it.

I really like that one. :)

Karen
03-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Great thread!

Right now I am 51 years old, and I really haven't learned anything! I guess maybe I'm still learning?? Think a little of that hair color would help?

Willie

A. I don't believe you that you haven't learned anything.

B. 51 is not too old to be learning new things.

C. Heck, try the haircolor - you never know.

Surely at least Mario has taught you things?

What have I learned?

That pet people are a breed apart.

That every pet is special.

That every person is special.

That life is more fun if you smile a lot.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Someone will always love you, no matter what you did, why your mad, or how you are feeling. Always.
Drift off into a happy place when you are sad. Make the world your own, do what you want, and try to be happy.
Don't think of suicide as an answer. Suicide isn't the answer for anything, and it won't solve anyones problems.
Life isn't perfect, and it never will be.
Sitting in the rain is a good place to cry; what can I say, I've done it before.
It's okay to cry, and you can never cry too much.

There's just something magical to me about rain.... I love it. I've been depressed for a little over two years now, and the rain is the best place to think.

And another thing.

There is always one special person that loves you so much they would die for you. I would die for each and every one of you out there, you guys mean a lot to me, I feel connected with every one of you. Certain people mean so much to me, words cannot express the love I have for them, and I stand very true to my words. Some of you, I feel like, have taken me under your wing, taken care of me when I thought it was useless, and you pulled me through. I can honestly say, I have been in serious depressions, and I have thought of suicide numerous times, none of the attempts worked. It's you guys that keep me going some days, and I owe everything to YOU.

binka_nugget
03-21-2004, 04:22 PM
I just have one..

Smiling changes your perspective on everything.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
Smiling changes your perspective on everything.

I love that one. :)

catnapper
03-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I have learned it is better to talk to your children and not yell at them. Because if you yell, they don't hear you at all.

Think a little of that hair color would help?

Willie

Thanks Willie - I forget that one sometimes. I SWORE I'd never yell at my kids ebcause I remember turing off when they yeslled at me. so what do I do? Scream!:D

And yes, hair color makes everything all better.

trayi52
03-21-2004, 09:04 PM
Surely at least Mario has taught you things?

I guess I need to try the hair color and watch Mario more!;) But what if I start acting like him? Might be fun to climb trees again! Sit on top of the house....;)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-21-2004, 09:18 PM
There is always one special person that loves you so much they would die for you. I would die for each and every one of you out there, you guys mean a lot to me, I feel connected with every one of you. Certain people mean so much to me, words cannot express the love I have for them, and I stand very true to my words. Some of you, I feel like, have taken me under your wing, taken care of me when I thought it was useless, and you pulled me through. I can honestly say, I have been in serious depressions, and I have thought of suicide numerous times, none of the attempts worked. It's you guys that keep me going some days, and I owe everything to YOU. [/B]

To add to something else to this, I think we have all touched eachother in one way or another. :)

moosmom
03-22-2004, 06:43 PM
*You can re-invent yourself with a bottle of haircolor

AMEN TO THAT!!! L'Oreal, cuz I'm worth it! ;)

green_chameleon_girl
03-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Thats a really good idea! Some things I have learned are

1. The word BEST friend is over used way to much

2. When your friends are mad, dont be upset, there are plenty of nicer people too find until they get over it

3. Turning on the light while my brother is sleeping..is not a good idea;)

AND

4. You never loose ALL your friends when you have loving pets too come home to at the end of a rough day.:)

LOL I re-invented my sister with make up hhehehe