PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill

guster girl
03-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Hey, so has anyone seen this film? I saw it when it first came out, and, will buy it on the 13th of April when it is released on DVD. The second part comes out on the 16th. I thought this film was extremely entertaining, and, I just wanted to see if anyone else either agreed or disagreed.

dukedogsmom
03-20-2004, 08:07 PM
I haven't seen it but wanted to! Maybe I'll rent it and see if I would like to buy it. It seemed like it would be something I would like.

Karen
03-20-2004, 09:10 PM
I was disappointed in it. In my humble opinion, it had very little plot, more questions than answers, and that it is a two-film thing just seems like a gimick to get more money.

A Japanese-speaking friend pointed out that Uma Thurman's Japanese accent is so atrocious, that she found herself laughing aloud in some of the "dramatic" moments.

There's a lot of gratuitous bloodshed, so much so that my disbelief was not willing suspended. Just how long WOULD a severed limb spout fountains of blood. Surely not that long ...

guster girl
03-20-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Karen
There's a lot of gratuitous bloodshed, so much so that my disbelief was not willing suspended. Just how long WOULD a severed limb spout fountains of blood. Surely not that long ...

That was some of my favorite things about it. Realistic blood can be overwhelming to me, but, it was so over the top, it was hysterical, IMO. Especially the decapitation. I loved how Lucy Liu shuffled across the table. Go on with your bad Chinese-American self. I loved the movie. And, I'm sure Quentin Tarantino could have made it a four or five hour one time movie, but, most people won't sit still in a theater for that long, and, yeah, of course it's a money making thing. But, he'll get my eight bucks. ;)

CathyBogart
03-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I was disappointed in it. In my humble opinion, it had very little plot, more questions than answers, and that it is a two-film thing just seems like a gimick to get more money.

Aaaah, but Quentin Tarantino originally only wanted to make ONE movie...a six hour long one. He was told -NO WAY- and forced to A: Trim it down a lot, and B: split it up into two movies.

I ADORED Kill Bill. I saw it three times in theatre, and I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel. I loved how stylized it was, I thought the animated parts were tasteful and appropriate, and I liked that the blood wasn't realistic.

guster girl
03-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
Aaaah, but Quentin Tarantino originally only wanted to make ONE movie...a six hour long one. He was told -NO WAY- and forced to A: Trim it down a lot, and B: split it up into two movies.

I ADORED Kill Bill. I saw it three times in theatre, and I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel. I loved how stylized it was, I thought the animated parts were tasteful and appropriate, and I liked that the blood wasn't realistic.

I agree, wholeheartedly. I thought the anime sequence was awesome. That scene would have been rough with live actors! And, I seriously laughed my butt off when Lucy Liu scooted across the table and jacked that guy. And, the "p" wagon was incredible. I would so drive that truck! "Move your big toe." That part was nuts. Anyway, I, too, am ecstatic about the second one. I literally sat open mouthed and in complete awe from the first minute of Kill Bill. Just the breathing and that Nancy Sinatra song. wow. :)

jenfer
03-22-2004, 05:42 PM
I watched it in Hong Kong. I think this is a very entertaining movie. Bloody, yes. But the way they filmed it was how some Chinese directors do. I think the director is from HK. So I can see the "Asianness" in the movie. Makes me "feel at home" from watching an American movie. haha...

guster girl
03-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by jenfer
I watched it in Hong Kong. I think this is a very entertaining movie. Bloody, yes. But the way they filmed it was how some Chinese directors do. I think the director is from HK. So I can see the "Asianness" in the movie. Makes me "feel at home" from watching an American movie. haha...

The director is Quentin Tarantino. He's from Tennessee.

jenfer
03-24-2004, 12:35 AM
oops. but someone is from hk, i think... oh well... :D