PDA

View Full Version : The first sounds of Spring

Cincy'sMom
03-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Last night, we still had tiny patches of snow that haven't melted, but I woke this morning to find Spring is coming!

Yep, it was thundering!!! In fact it has been off and on all day. Since the pups haven't heard thunder in a few months they are a little bothered by it, but it is a sure sign warmer weather is on the way!!

Is this a yard or a swimming hole?

Cataholic
03-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Must have been a statewide storm, Amy, unless you were in Cinti last night! What a bunch of thunder! The herd was soo nervous, and I don't recall them being so before. I tried to calm them down, but, I fell back asleep..he he he

bluekat
03-20-2004, 12:17 PM
Its been raining all morning here too:p But no thunder.
LOL...that looks more like a swimming hole to me;)

Cinder & Smoke
03-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

Yep, it was thundering!!!

Since the pups haven't heard thunder in a few months
they are a little bothered by it...

:eek:

"Lil Bothered" by it!??????

Try a LOT bothered!

There we wuz ALL sleppin onna BigBed...

**Ke-RASH!** RuMMMMMbul **Ka-bOOOOOOM!*** :eek:

Dad almost *jumped* outta bed - us Dawgs split fur unner da bed,
Kat *bounced off* Dad an streaked fur his Fallin Waddur Klozit
"safe place"...

Kuppla more Ka-BOOOOMerz an Dad sed we wuz all "OK" -
"jest" a Spring :eek: Thunner Storm...

Yeah, maybee Dad'z "ok" wiff it...

Sure wuz "KROWDED" inna Baffroom all mornin!

Cincy'sMom
03-20-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
:eek:

"Lil Bothered" by it!??????

Try a LOT bothered!

There we wuz ALL sleppin onna BigBed...

**Ke-RASH!** RuMMMMMbul **Ka-bOOOOOOM!*** :eek:

Dad almost *jumped* outta bed - us Dawgs split fur unner da bed,
Kat *bounced off* Dad an streaked fur his Fallin Waddur Klozit
"safe place"...

Kuppla more Ka-BOOOOMerz an Dad sed we wuz all "OK" -
"jest" a Spring :eek: Thunner Storm...

Yeah, maybee Dad'z "ok" wiff it...

Sure wuz "KROWDED" inna Baffroom all mornin!

LOL!! What a circus :)

This morning when it was thundering, Cincy moved from the living room back into the bedroom to be safe. Spot sat up looked around and went back to sleep...Sadie didn't move a muscle :)

Later inthe day when it thundered, they all sat up and barked, ran to the window, didn't see nuttin' and layed back down.

4 Dog Mother
03-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Amy, I think that lake Is your back yard!!!!

My dogs were all lying around this afternoon when it started to thunder - everybody jumped up, barked ran to the back sliding glass door, couldn't see anything and looked at me like what the heck was that????

Lissa
03-20-2004, 02:56 PM
We got it all last night and this morning. I think Layla has heard thunder once so she was pretty freaked.

Cincy'sMom
03-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother
Amy, I think that lake Is your back yard!!!!

And that area is almost all dry now...the onlt standing water left is in the hole the dogs dug a few weeks ago. There is also some standing water around the tree, in the ruts from the doggy race track, but it has soaked in much quicker then I expected!!!

Dogz
03-20-2004, 03:42 PM
We had a pretty bad storm last Saturday. It was thundering and lightning. It even wrecked our internet! We finally got it fixed though.

I don't want to know what our yard is going to look like when the snow melts, we still have around 4 inches on the ground!:eek:

RobiLee
03-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Yep, it stormed here too. I heard the thunder, but that Katie doesn't even budge. It never seems to phase her. Just a little bit ago she went out to potty and it started pouring down rain. Really hard. She just stands there like usual with her nose turned up and sniffing away. She loves it! I had to bribe her back in with a treat and dry her off and then she just pranced all around because she wanted back out there. I opened up the front door so she could watch from there...but..nope..that wasn't good enough. She is back outside right now. It is only sprinkling though. I'm just glad she knows she has to stop at the door so she can get dried off.

Robin :)