PDA

View Full Version : where do you walk your dog?

SuperLab123
03-19-2004, 10:58 PM
where do u walk your dog.. i walk mine either around the neighborhood or down to the local starbucks (this is on special days because it is a 2-3 mile walk:D i love walking the dogs downtown in our little town they like it too (all the attention !)
where do U walk your dog (s):D

Moose
03-19-2004, 11:36 PM
On nice, warm days I'll take the dogs to the beach. Otherwise, I take them through the neighborhood and occasionally into town. Most of the time though, we do end up heading out to the beach. :)

binka_nugget
03-19-2004, 11:46 PM
When I walk both dogs, I usually walk them to the school to run on the 20 footer leashes and do some training. But if I'm just walking one dog, we usually go up the hill to the local pet supply store. I think it's about a 2-3 km walk when we go to our usual stops.

guster girl
03-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Once Finn has all of his shots (April 10th), we will venture out more than just the neighborhood! :) But, I wanted to ask, since Safeway and Starbucks were listed, are dogs allowed in those places?

Rio and Me
03-20-2004, 04:47 AM
any where we like, we live right by the moors (so no lead needed,lol) and when i go to my grans i walk there (about 6 miles there and back) again no lead needed, theres woods at my grans, and i clean for an elderly lady ho lives down there too so rio gets playtime wit her dog.
I have tons of leads but dont need them as we are in the middle of nowhere,lol
Ky and Rio

RubyMutt
03-20-2004, 04:59 AM
During the week we just walk around the neighborhood. On the weekends I prefer going on hikes for a few hours when the weather's nice. If not, I try to go to the dog park :)

Tina
03-20-2004, 09:45 AM
I live back in the country so usually I walk the road we live on. Everyonce in awhile we do go to town, and a few other places. It just depends what we feel like doing.

Lissa
03-20-2004, 02:09 PM
It depends on what time of day and how much energy I have. If it's the afternoon we drive to land the university owns. There are some nice trails, or to the bike path. If its a quick walk, I don't have the desire to drive anywhere to walk, or the evening hours, we walk in the neighborhood where there is more traffic and people, for safety reasons. It depends on my mood. Also if Alvin is going with, we walk in the woods because he says walking in town is boring.

primabella
03-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Usually until the end of my street and back again. Our street is nice and quiet so I love walking along there. In the summer, I would usually take Mickey to the park to run and play a bit. :)

RobiLee
03-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Mostly in the neighborhood. Sometimes we go to the park and walk around the small lake there. She loves seeing all the duckies. Sometimes we'll take a hike somewhere.

Robin :)

SuperLab123
03-21-2004, 09:24 AM
sounds fun!! i know in my town starbucks doesnt mind if the dogs come in ,... i dont know about safeway.. but its a fun walk to do!

tutebugs
03-21-2004, 09:37 AM
Since we live in an apartment, Chipper doesn't like a leash, and it's cold out, we just open the door and Chipper runs up and down the long hallway about 5 times til he's panting and then comes back in.

countrycowgirl
03-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Tina
I live back in the country so usually I walk the road we live on. Everyonce in awhile we do go to town, and a few other places. It just depends what we feel like doing. same here but my town is not much at all so when we go to town we go to Beaumont or liberty which is at least 45 miles each way so we drive and at beaumnt we go to pets mart or petco and at libery we just go to the park but most of the time just walking to the barn and no leashes are needed since i live OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!! lol ..... but i wouldn't have it anyother way i love the country!!:D

Miss Meow
03-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Usually we go around the block or to the park during the week. On dog training nights, I usually go early and take whichever dog I've got for a walk along the bike path (Shane failed training, so I go by myself now :eek: ). On weekends or if it's a nice night we'll go to the beach or somewhere new.