PDA

View Full Version : Did you know that I was born on April Fool's Day?

Tonya
03-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Today, I backed into a street light at work. And just my luck, I happened to be working at a construction site with a bunch of hot guys. I was soooo embarrassed. I'm probably going to get suspended 2-5 days for it.

Anyways, I was telling my best friend about it and she was cracking up. She was saying about how ever since she has known me, I've had the wierdest stuff happen. I was agreeing with her and telling her about how I hate it because I'm always afraid to even say anything. I feel like people probably think I'm some compulsive liar starving for attention.

My birthday is April Fool's day, and Christy swears that is why I have such strange luck. I think I'll start blaming all the wierd stuff on my birthday. :p

RobiLee
03-19-2004, 06:42 PM
Now it all makes sense...hehehe ;)

catnapper
03-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Just a question: why would you get suspended for a small accident? That seems a bit harsh. After all, accidents happen, right?

Hmmm, if you're excuse if being born April 1st, what's mine?

apcrs5122
03-19-2004, 08:56 PM
I have a friend that was born on April Fools day, and one of the horses, Joker, was born then too, just last year (that's why his name is Joker;)).

ChiRen
03-19-2004, 11:42 PM
I was born on April 1st too. I haven't had much bad luck though...hmmm...;):p

Tonya
03-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by ChiRen
I was born on April 1st too. I haven't had much bad luck though...hmmm...;):p

Oh, come on! Go with my theory! lol. Otherwise I have no excuse with this strange luck. (And it's strange luck, not bad luck! ;) )

CamCamPup33
03-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Tonya-- My brother was born on April 1, And he has VERY bad luck.. He crashed his motercycle a few times, He almost had to get surgery on his arm because a glass cut him all the way in the inside of his arm, his shoulder was popped out of the socket after one of his accidents.. He was kicked out of his apartment.. This was all within a year, imagine the other years!! LOL!

So im with you on your theory! :p

Cincy'sMom
03-20-2004, 11:57 AM
My mom went into labor with my sister on April 1, but Christy fought and fought to NOT be born that day....she was born around 10 am April 2. Now I know why she fought so hard!!!

4 Dog Mother
03-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Amy's right after a 7 hour labor with Amy, 5 with Rob, I went 17 with Christy - she just refused to be born on April Fool's Day. Not that I wanted an April Fool's baby but she could have given in within minutes of it turning April 2!!!!

Christy was a "surprise" baby - an April Fool's Day joke on us???? Don't think so - all my kids are very special people!

ramanth
03-22-2004, 08:40 AM
The mystery of it all is revealed!! ;) :D

Originally posted by catnapper
Just a question: why would you get suspended for a small accident? That seems a bit harsh. After all, accidents happen, right?
A lot of companies have pretty harsh penalties when it comes to a company vehicle. A friend of mine drives for UPS and he made a safe and legal stop and was rear-ended by a guy not paying attention. Though it wasn't his fault, he got suspended and nearly lost his job. :eek: :( UPS feels drivers should be able to prevent all accidents. :rolleyes:

Hope you're not suspended Tonya!

Tonya
03-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Yes, we even get suspended for rearend accidents. Heck, my coworker wasn't even in his truck; he was in a manhole and a lady hit his truck, he got suspended. lol. I didn't get suspended though! I'll post a thread for it...