PDA

View Full Version : been away for a spell but i'm back now and boy i've missed this place alot

Truffles
03-19-2004, 05:01 PM
hey,

well i have been lurking about here had things on my mind and just lost interest in posting.anyway i've missed PT alot.

i went to my sugery pre op. (getting my wisdom teeth yanked out) on wensday march 24th i'll be getting them yanked out.i'm a bit nerves about it though which is strange cause i've had several sugeries done 2 vns implants to help my seizures and a d&c (ladies know what that is;) and a looooooooooooong time ago i had tubes taken out of my ears:rolleyes: so i know whats gonna happen i'll be put to sleep and wake up w/ ice packs on my face which thats the part that scares me :eek: i'll be in super pain :( anyway ii'm hoping real hard thaat i'll be feeliong better by the 28th (my birthday) cause if i am i go for a b-fday dinner w/ my family at the outback:) if not i'll have to post pone:(

anyone here had all 4 wisdom teeth out at the same time??????if so how long was it b4 you felt better?????????all in puts are very apprecaited.thanks and take care:)

marylyn

Cataholic
03-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Ah, Marilyn! Poor you, with those teeth having to come out. I haven't had all four taken out, but, have had two at a time taken out. I **think**you will be okay, with some pain medication, lots of ice, and icecream! I think it is always the worrying before hand that is the worst part. So, get some fave ice cream stored away, some nice drinks in the fridge, a few magazines, and prepare to rest, rest, rest. I think I would save the outback for two weeks or so later. Then, you can REALLY enjoy the yumminess.

Good luck!

Felicia's Mom
03-19-2004, 07:38 PM
I have had two wisdom teeth pulled, (only two of them ever came in. Those were not pulled at the same time. I did not have surgery; just Novicane (sp) in the dentist's chair.

Glacier
03-19-2004, 08:38 PM
I had all four done in the hospital at once. It took a week before I could eat solid food again--just soup and squishy stuff at first! And boy did I eat for that first meal! We drove out to a isolated Lodge that serves the biggest meals I've ever seen. Their cinnamin buns are made in pie plates!!!:eek: It was great!! I'd push the Outback dinner back a couple days, but I have a friend who had all four done and went for burgers that night!!Maybe you'll be like her!