PDA

View Full Version : A New Addition to the Herd

Cataholic
03-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Dear PT Friends,
Things have been pretty bleak lately, since Binx, and I just haven't felt the same...about life, PT, everything, really. And, I have 'put off' telling you all of some positive things going on in my life. While I can't say for sure the cloud has lifted, I do find myself preparing for the next stage in my life- mommyhood. In September, I will be welcoming a little hooman into the world. At 38, this will be quite a shock for my house/life/world, but, one that I am excited about. I am about 4 months along, right now, and already feeling awkward. The sickness and sheer exhaustion part seem mainly out of the way, but, I still feel pretty tired much of the time. I am not quite ready for maternity clothes, but, my normal clothes are very, very tight.

The best news is Lillycat is retiring at the end of this year, and will be a stay at home Grammy! Since she raised 8 of us, I have no doubt she will do wonders with my child. This should free her up to do more posting on PT, right?

While I do NOT anticipate posting pics of my ever expanding tum-tum (lest some of you type *rub*rub*rub*), I will keep you updated as to the cool stuff (namely the gender!!!). I have had one ultrasound done already, due to my age and size, thank God, it was determined there was just one in this litter. I am not doing any additional testing, my choice, but, want to know the gender at the first available opportunity! I think that is still 5 weeks off.

So, my quietness has been two fold, and will probably continue for awhile, but, I wanted you all to know what is going on with me.

Johanna

jenluckenbach
03-19-2004, 04:16 PM
*RUB*RUB*RUB*

:D :D
Congratulation......................Mom!!! :D

aly
03-19-2004, 04:20 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!

I have happy tears in my eyes for you :)

Good luck on your first litter! Glad its a small one ;)

Aspen and Misty
03-19-2004, 04:26 PM
::rub rub rub::

CONGRATS! I feel like it's my sister who is expecting! I'm so exited!!!!

Ash :D

Randi
03-19-2004, 04:28 PM
Aww Johanna, that's wonderful news! Congratulations!! :D I'm sure you can cope with a little new one - and your herd too! ;)

Looking forward to hear updates - and to see Lilycat back as well. :)

Enjoy this precious time! :)

popcornbird
03-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Hi Mommy Catapault. :D Well its no surprise for me cause I've known for ages :p, he he, but congrats!!! I still can't believe you're going to be a MOMMY!!!!

:D:D:D

Prepare for a Monte, WITHOUT FUR! :p

gini
03-19-2004, 04:44 PM
I THINK I SEE A BABY SHOWER IN OUR FUTURE!

That is just great news Johanna. Please take good care of yourself and rest lots.

Edwina's Secretary
03-19-2004, 04:46 PM
Blessings on your head" and congratulations!

I think August 21 would be a good day to have a baby. A little early but it has a nice ring to it! :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by aly
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!
I have happy tears in my eyes for you :)
Good luck on your first litter! Glad its a small one ;)

Couldn't have said it better, Aly!

Wow, Jo, congratulations!!! I can't wait to see pics of him/her surrounded by black & white tuxies.

Heee,heee, she/he isn't even near to being born yet and already I can see the pic of an adorable baby, dressed in a mini tuxedo surrounded, by furry tuxedos. :D :D

Cinder & Smoke
03-19-2004, 05:07 PM
:) + :D

WOW! NEAT! WUNNERFULL!!

A mini-2-Legger joining the Herd!!

THIS otta Liven Things Up with the 4-Paw Members of the Herd!

BABY Food to "share"!

Hey - BABY SHOWER... :cool:

We could Fit dat In on Memorial Day Sunday!! :D

Are You and Mom gonna come *willingly* -
Or am I gonna have to DRAG you there!?? :p

Ahhhh... the "Patter" of lil FOOTsie-Prints!!

"lil-Cat" will be the only Kid on the Block
with a THOUSAND God-Parents!!

God BLESS You, Joh!:)

popcornbird
03-19-2004, 05:12 PM
We need to think of the perfect state name for Johanna's baby! :D AND............her/his first outfit, should be BLACK AND WHITE!!! :D

***hugs*** to Mommy Catapault :p

apcrs5122
03-19-2004, 05:14 PM
:eek: :D :D CONGATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you!
:D

:Rub::Rub::Rub:

Cataholic
03-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks, Guys! Wouldn't you all fall over if I did name the baby after a state name? I don't think I will be doing that. I have some names going on in my mind, but, am always open to suggestions. (Lily, Parker, Olivia...)

As to the black and white outfit, it is a GREAT idea for next years Christmas card! he he he....I have had a few 'suggestions' about how to keep cats out of cribs...and, I hope it won't bother Minnie that she will be sharing her room and closet with a baby. Never know, this might push Minnie out of the closet, and into the rest of the house.

Cataholic
03-19-2004, 05:16 PM
No RUBS!!!!!

G.P.girl
03-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Hey, Congrats!!! i'm so happy for you!!:D
do you want a boy or a girl?
my money's on boy:p

jenfer
03-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Congratulation. :) Have you tell your kitties yet? What do they think? :D Take Care. :)

Cataholic
03-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
do you want a boy or a girl?
my money's on boy:p

Oh, oh....I **hope** you are wrong....he he he..

Cataholic
03-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by jenfer
Have you tell your kitties yet? What do they think? . :)

I **think** they are pleased, secretly. I suppose it will be an adjustment for them...but, they are pretty social, and will like the extra heater in the winter. :D

RobiLee
03-19-2004, 05:40 PM
Oh, Wow!!!! I am so happy for you Johanna! What a surprise! You have been going through so much...whew!....I hope you are taking some time to relax and catch your breath. When you feel tired sit down and rest and take that nap if you have to. You're allowed to, ya know! I hope you will keep us up to date on everything. It would be so cool to feel like a part of it all. I already can't wait to find out if its a boy or a girl! Oh my gosh...you are going to have a skinkid...hehehe....I love it! Is Lillycat your mom? Do you think you will be able to make it to Findlay at all? I sure do hope so, because I can't wait to see you in person! I might just have to make the trip to Cincy!

I'm so excited if feels like a new family member is coming. I am wishing you all the best and sending out lots of HAPPY HAPPY BLESSINGS!

{{{HUGS}}}........Robin :)

wolfsoul
03-19-2004, 05:49 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW, I was totally NOT expecting THIS! Congrats! :D :D :D

So, will there be another state, or are you going to go with something a bit more....normal for a skin kid? ;)

G.P.girl
03-19-2004, 05:54 PM
hey you should start a poll to see who thinks it'll be a boy or girl. that'd be fun:D

popcornbird
03-19-2004, 05:59 PM
GIRL!!!!!

She keeps telling me to pray she gets a GIRL...........and did you see her name choices. All girl names. :D

A cute little girl dressed in a fluffy tux outfit. Awww!

But whatever you get, will be great. I just hope its a little girl too! :D

GoldenRetrLuver
03-19-2004, 06:18 PM
And I thought you were adding another *fur* kid to the house! :eek: WOW! Hehe. Congratulations Johanna! :D

lbaker
03-19-2004, 06:21 PM
OH JOHANNA! My daughter had her first baby (my wonderful, beautiful perfect first Grandson, at age 33 my daughter was) this is wonderful news. You will be so blessed.. but we all know you are already.

primabella
03-19-2004, 06:22 PM
:D Congratulations Johanna! What wonderful news!! Please keep us updated!

*hugs* :D

CamCamPup33
03-19-2004, 06:31 PM
:D :D :D CONGRATS! EE! This is so cool! My aunt is having a baby too, It's so exciting! :D

*Crosses fingers for a girl*

lizbud
03-19-2004, 06:53 PM
Johanna,

I am so happy for you.:) Congratulations Momma.:)

moosmom
03-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Johanna,

I am SO happy for you!!! May your little one bring as much joy to you as my daughter has brought to me!!

Hope to see you at Findlay Park!

((((hugs))))

Donna

PayItForward
03-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Johanna,

Gosh, You certainly know how to surprise me. When I saw the new addition bit, I automatically thought new kitty.

Congratulations on your inpending motherhood. :D

Love Jenny

Ps. You have a 50 / 50 chance on the gender but I will wish for a bouncing healthy girl for you :)

catnapper
03-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Congratulations! I'll live vicariuosly through you - fate has determined I'll never have a baby of my own. Enjoy this time!

Felicia's Mom
03-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Congrats Johanna!:D :D

micki76
03-19-2004, 07:36 PM
What a surprise! :eek: :D :D That was the last thing I was expecting to read!

Congrats!! Another new PT member will be here soon! :D

Kfamr
03-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Congrats!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
We need to think of the perfect state name for Johanna's baby! :D

:D :D :D

But really, there are some states that would make good names, But she's already using some of them, like Dakota, which could be a girl or boy name. Washington, Jersey (maybe).......

:D :D :D

Lixx
03-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Congrats! What wonderful news! I hope everythinf progresses well for you! Keep us updated!:D

mugsy
03-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Congrats Jo!! Boy, I can't wait to see you in maternity clothes! As for a state name....how about...Virginia?:D ;)

Karen
03-19-2004, 07:49 PM
My other Johanna has been through it twice, and she did just fine, and I am sure you will. In fact, her daughter, my Miss Emily, was a September baby, too - that'll be 10 years ago this September 7th. Congratulations! Will we see you at Findlay Memorial Weekend? Hint! Hint!

I predict confused-at-first kitties, but I am sure they will adapt. My brother and sister-in-law's three cats were furious at them when Miss Marilyn (now 2 1/2) came home. See, first they brought home that black thing (Lady, a big bouncy Lab/Dalmatian pup who really just wanted to play with those funny-lookin', hissy puppies) and then, just when you thought it was safe to come out from under the bed, they go away and come back with the air-raid siren!

They did, in time, forgive them.

Yours are probably way less neurotic than that bunch. I'm sure they will adjust. And get faster as soon as kid-to-be becomes mobile!

Dogz
03-19-2004, 07:58 PM
:eek: Wow! Congratulations, Johanna!

:D I am so happy for you!

slick
03-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Congratulations Johanna!!

aly
03-19-2004, 08:37 PM
I love the names Lily and Olivia. I think Parker would be a very cute name for a girl also (I guess its more commonly a boy name, but I like it for a girl better).

I also like these names:

Madison
Mackenzie
Brooke
Abigail
Hannah

gini
03-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Congrats Jo!! Boy, I can't wait to see you in maternity clothes! As for a state name....how about...Virginia?:D ;)

Gee, that is a girl's name said Virginia (Gini) from Pet Talk.

THINK PINK EVERYONE.

4 Dog Mother
03-19-2004, 08:57 PM
Wow! Like many others, I thought you were going to tell us you had added a new fur-kid. But this news is even better. But then again I am still on a new grandma high right now. I do love them babies!!! Maybe I can be an adopted grandma since my grandbaby is so far away. Cincinnati is sure a lot closer than Ft. Hood, TX. And I like the idea of a girl baby too. Not that boys aren't nice but little girls are soooo precious. Congratulations - this is really good news and lifts my spirits!

Karen
03-19-2004, 09:05 PM
I know human girls with state names. Lina (short for Carolina) had a daughter and named her Dakota. And, of course, know several Virginias, know one Georgia, had an Aunt Floride - you pick whatever you want, Cataholic.

I will just keep you in my prayers that you have a strong, healthy baby, gender notwithstanding.

Middle name Binx? ;) Just kiddin'.

Tonya
03-19-2004, 09:09 PM
Wow! I am sooo excited! I want belly pics! I love pregnant bellies! :p

jazzcat
03-19-2004, 09:17 PM
Congrats!!!

I'm almost your age (I'm 36) and have no children. I can't imagine the shock and adjustment of a first time baby now. Guess you are in for some major changes.

I hope you get a girl like you want but I'm sure a boy will be great too.:D

popcornbird
03-19-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by aly

Hannah

Hannah, would go *perfect* with Johanna! :p I like the name Lily though. So *cute*.

luckies4me
03-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Congratulations! :D

Who is the father, Travis? Do we get to know who the expecting daddy is? How long have you two been together, and are you planning on getting married, or are you already married? Details, women!

Nomilynn
03-19-2004, 09:54 PM
Hannah, would go *perfect* with Johanna! :p I like the name Lily though. So *cute*.

Jo - I'm so happy this is happy news for you :) I will pray for a little girl, too :)

I love the name Hannah. It is a major contender for my own child's name, since it's my Nanny's last name (different spelling though). Nanny died in 2001, and when I asked Nathan if he liked this name he said "it's definatly on the table" :D

Congrats, Jo!!!

carole
03-19-2004, 09:59 PM
WOW !! What exciting new's, I too was expecting to hear of a new kitty, this is even better a brand new bouncing baby boy or girl, how wonderful, if its any help Johanna I had my daughter when I was nearly 35, and I had nearly an 11 year gap between my children, so it took a bit of getting used to, Don't worry you will be just fine, you may get a little more tired than the younger mum, but hey girl when you see that beautiful baby, it sure is worth every single bit of it.

Take care and get lots of rest. When is baby due exactly? I sure hope you get a little girl too, I have one of each so I am very blessed.

The power of PT should work for you, we will all wish for a baby girl and it will happen won't it?

aly
03-19-2004, 10:14 PM
I love baby girls and baby boys. I just wanted to suggest that if you have a boy, invest in a shield for changing diapers to avoid their squirts, hehe :D

jaqi
03-19-2004, 10:26 PM
Congratulations Johanna!!! Best wishes for your coming addition:D

clara4457
03-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Congratulations Johanna!!! I am so happy for you and your family. I know the passing of Binx was hard on you, but the addition to your family is a blessing. I just want to say how happy I am for you and yours.

PS - Binx is looking down and smiling!! :)

luckies4me
03-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by aly
I love baby girls and baby boys. I just wanted to suggest that if you have a boy, invest in a shield for changing diapers to avoid their squirts, hehe :D

Girls squirt too! Trust me!!!

AmberLee
03-20-2004, 12:28 AM
Wow, I'm shocked, but thrilled.) I was expecting puppy, or possibly kitten...

Yes, do keep us informed of updates and details. Who's coordinating the virtual baby shower???

Girl's names? I'm rather sentemental (even if I can't spell) about the old fashioned girl's names: Sarah, or Amanda, or Elizabeth, or Kathryn.... for what it's worth.

Keep your spirits and your feet up and get some practice cuddle time in with a furkid or two.

{{{hugs}}}

I can't resist. *rub*rub*rub* ;) :D :p

lovemyshiba
03-20-2004, 12:29 AM
Congratulations Johanna!!!!

AmberLee
03-20-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Girls squirt too! Trust me!!!

True, but the boys tend to have better aim. Trust me!

krazyaboutkatz
03-20-2004, 12:49 AM
CONGRATS JOHANNA!!! Wow! This sure was a surprise. I was expecting that your new addition was a puppy. :)

tikeyas_mom
03-20-2004, 02:11 AM
aww congrats mommy!!! :D:D

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-20-2004, 03:53 AM
Congratulations!!

Cincy'sMom
03-20-2004, 04:51 AM
Add another shocked, but happy face to the crowd!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! How wonderful that your mom will be able to babysit!

I like the idea of a memorial day baby shower. Sounds like even the mayor would come for that!!! You must rate pretty high :)

And one possible state name that I don't think was mentioned...INDY!!!

auggie
03-20-2004, 07:43 AM
Congratulations Johanna!
I’m so happy for you.
Soon you’ll have something like this crawling thru your doggie door.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid108/p1d305a4a516581ca302e10b8ea7c343f/f949dd98.jpg
This is my granddaughter Mackalyn.

I like the name Lily, or Lilyana, Liana.

lynnestankard
03-20-2004, 08:13 AM
CONGRATULATIONS JOHANNA

I'm so thrilled for you - take things as easy as you possibly can. A friend of mine who is 39 on Tuesday is expecting her second baby on April 22nd - her first baby was 16 in February!!!
She's found feeling tired the worst thing to contend with - so lots of feets up for you young lady!!
I wouldn't say I'm biased towards girls - but maybe the colour of this will give me away!!
Keep us up to scratch on how things progress baby and Mummy wise - any strange foods you get a yen for are always interesting!
{{{Hugs}}} across the miles to our newest Mummy-to-be!

Lynne

Vermontcat
03-20-2004, 09:16 AM
W:eek:W!!!
I'm so happy for you Cataholic!:D
I thought for sure you were going to add another tux kitty to the herd!
Is this the reason that you promised to be good until April 1st?
Are you past morning sickness yet? That is the worst part of pregnancy in my opinion.
Remember to never serve your kitties tuna for breakfast when you have morning sickness, I learned that the hard way.:p
Also make sure that someone else does litterbox duty for you.

Samantha has some advice for your tux herd.
Dear Tuxies,
Enjoy mommy's lap while you can, soon it will disappear completely!
If the baby cries and mommy doesn't hear it make sure and yell at mommy and give her "The Look" complete with airplane ears.
When the baby is big enough to start crawling after you, make sure you have lots of high perches and hidey holes you can run to if needed.
Samantha has survived living with 3 babies over the years and the good news is that babies grow up to give you more love, hugs, pets and treats!:)

ChrisH
03-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Oh, Johanna, I am so happy for you! :D :D Congratulations!:D

{{hugs}} :)

Chris

p.s. I'm thinking pink! :)

K9soul
03-20-2004, 09:41 AM
Oh Johanna, what wonderful and special news! My heart has really ached for you with all your trials and tribulations, and I'm so happy for you now to hear this news. I know it must not be easy dealing with the effects of pregnancy, but how fun to plan and look forward to that miraculous day!

*hugs* to you, and be SURE to keep us fully updated :D

luckies4me
03-20-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee
True, but the boys tend to have better aim. Trust me!

I've seen no difference. And I know, I have a son. ;)

mugsy
03-20-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
And one possible state name that I don't think was mentioned...INDY!!!

I had a great aunt named Indiana Markley who was a rum runner during Prohibition.....hmmm....maybe not...;)

Corinna
03-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Congratulations Johanna!! I wish and prayer for a healthy happy baby( either way) You are in for a changed life and blessed, just remember enjoy even the frustrating times as they grow way to fast.
As to the squirt issue I had one of each it doesn't matter (especally at the doctors office) as to names how about some capitals ,Dallas, Rio ,or Helen (helena)
My kids had unusual names at the time now every one has them, Clarissa and Benjamin.
Read baby name books and choose one that you want you child to be as an adult. If Ben had not been named as he was he may not have lived. I beleive his name made him strong. Clarissa'a made her artsy.

anna_66
03-20-2004, 11:03 AM
No wonder you've been so quiet here lately;)

Since I've always wanted a little girl too, I'm thinking PINK!

And I agree with Phred and Amy:

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I like the idea of a memorial day baby shower. Sounds like even the mayor would come for that!!! You must rate pretty high :)

Congrats again to you Jo!

Tina
03-20-2004, 11:04 AM
Wow, How exciting!! I'm so happy for you! Congrats Johanna:D

CamCamPup33
03-20-2004, 11:10 AM

OHH! I like Lily Anne

AWWW! Lol!

EssTer
03-20-2004, 11:14 AM
What a wonderful news.. I'm really haooy about you, Johanna.. Congradulations!

Cinder & Smoke
03-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Smokey sez ~

Gud Greef!! :eek:

Whut iffin da poor Kid *iz* a lil BOY?

A Thouzand God Parents sayin "Awww, NUTZ - it'z a BOY! :( "

Hey - us GUYZ aren't so *bad*... ;)

1) we can carry more groceries in frum da kar...
2) (nebber mynd about *EETIN* more groceriez)
3) it'z a LOT cheeper to 'marry us off'
4) we're usually makanikally inklined - gud fur fixin Mom's kar
5) c'mon, Dad - gimmie sum help here...

Ennieway - GOD dun alreddie made up HIS mynd -
He's jest keepin it a *seekrit* fur a while.

Jest don't nobuddie start paintin da Kid's Room
:eek: *PINK* YET!!

Thanks fur allua Help, Dad!

rg_girlca
03-20-2004, 12:48 PM
A big hearty CONGRATULATIONS Johanna.
I hope and pray that you have a very smooth pregnancy and that you have a happy, healthy baby girl/boy.
(Notice the girl came first. He He)
Get plenty of rest as you're going to need it.

Auggie, that is such an adorable picture of your granddaughter Mackalyn.:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Congrats Johanna!!! I am SO jealous! Keep us posted - every step (and inch) of the way!!!)

I am taking this as a sign that there is still hope for me - after a year of trying:rolleyes: (Three isn't enough, even though my youngest is 12 - we are trying hard for #4)

Tiah
03-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Congradulations Johanna! I will pray for a healthy baby, wether it be a boy or girl. :)

CamCamPup33
03-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
I am taking this as a sign that there is still hope for me - after a year of trying:rolleyes: (Three isn't enough, even though my youngest is 12 - we are trying hard for #4)

AW! Good luck! :D

Amber
03-20-2004, 04:53 PM
AWWW!! CONGRATS!

I think we have Binx to thanks? Sending his mommy a little special gift! :D

Awww, i'll hope you for a baby girl :D

Aspen and Misty
03-20-2004, 07:53 PM
I know you are on, you can't hide from us :p where are the answers to our questions :D

Ash :D

dukedogsmom
03-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Congrats! Hopefully everything will go well and your heart won't be as empty. Glad you finally told us!

Cinder & Smoke
03-20-2004, 08:07 PM
where are the answers to our questions

Some questions should Never Be Asked!

Let's allow Johanna to steer this post in the
direction SHE chooses to.

/s/ Phred

Cataholic
03-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks, everyone! I **know** I only want a healthy baby, but a GIRL healthy baby would be like icing on the cake....extra sweet and yummy.

I am really thinking about Auggie's suggestion of Lilyana. It is a name I hadn't heard before. I think it just might be the one (after thinking on it for 6 hours).

I never really experienced true morning sickness. I just felt like I had a stomach ache for 6 weeks. It never went away, til, one day, I noticed it was gone. Now, it is just the fatigue. I already feel short of breath. No strange cravings, though I don't like coffee anymore(but, still drink it lest I get a headache), am trying to get to the gym...though the tiredness makes it hard, and eat healthy. I am debating the breathing classes...I figure I watch enough Lifetime to have it down, right? I have requested an epidural at the eight month...he he he, and will take 6 weeks off work. That is about as 'planned' as I am right now. I have a nursery to paint, some furniture to move around, some closets to clean, and lots and lots of little clothes to buy (for the baby, not me!).

Time for sleep!

luckies4me
03-20-2004, 08:28 PM
If you have a boy, I have TONS of baby clothes you can have! :D

dukedogsmom
03-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Let me know what color you would like. I would love to crochet you a baby blanket! I've got a good book of beautiful baby afghans.

trayi52
03-20-2004, 08:59 PM
I am so happy to hear something good on here for a change. This is the best news, and the best thread yet. About time we heard this kind of wonderful news. Johanna I am so proud of you.

I am praying for you to have such an easy time, I know you will be tired right now and want to sleep. Thats okay, nap all you can. Get all the rest you can. If you need anything, all you gotta do is ask. Hugs to you and that new and beautiful life. I am just so excited for you. You have a lot to look forward too.

Love and Hugs to you Johanna,
Willie:)

Cataholic
03-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Let me know what color you would like. I would love to crochet you a baby blanket! I've got a good book of beautiful baby afghans.

I would be so HONORED to have a crocheted blanket from you! HONORED! Colours, hmmm...well, right now, without the gender known...anything 'nuetral'...(but, not black and white..he he he).

Oh, Valerie, I would be so excited to have a blanket from you. And, with a September birth, it would be cold just around the corner! S/he would be so toasty warm, and, fretfully, the kitties would love it, too :eek:
Johanna

Nomilynn
03-20-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I would be so HONORED to have a crocheted blanket from you! HONORED! Colours, hmmm...well, right now, without the gender known...anything 'nuetral'...(but, not black and white..he he he).

Oh, Valerie, I would be so excited to have a blanket from you. And, with a September birth, it would be cold just around the corner! S/he would be so toasty warm, and, fretfully, the kitties would love it, too :eek:
Johanna

September birth!!! Try to wait until the 29th.. because REALLY cool people are born on that day (haw haw :p )

Cinder & Smoke
03-20-2004, 09:45 PM

... S/he would be so toasty warm, and,
fretfully,
the kitties would love it, too :eek:

:rolleyes:

Sumbuddie better "clue" dat Johanna Gurl *in* -

dem Kitties are gonna be sharin a LOT more
than just a blankie wiff dat Kid! :D

:eek: KAT!!
Get your Paw *OUT* of the Baby's supper dish!!
And get *OFF* the high-chair tray, too!

And Later...

:eek: Hey KID!!
Get *OUT* of the Kat's SANDY BOX!!!
Those are NOT "Tootsie-Rolls"!

PHUNN TYMES Ahead!! :D

Cincy'sMom
03-20-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
:rolleyes:

Sumbuddie better "clue" dat Johanna Gurl *in* -

dem Kitties are gonna be sharin a LOT more
than just a blankie wiff dat Kid! :D

:eek: KAT!!
Get your Paw *OUT* of the Baby's supper dish!!
And get *OFF* the high-chair tray, too!

And Later...

:eek: Hey KID!!
Get *OUT* of the Kat's SANDY BOX!!!
Those are NOT "Tootsie-Rolls"!

PHUNN TYMES Ahead!! :D

LOL!!!

Miss Meow
03-20-2004, 09:51 PM
Jo, congratulations!!! :)

I am over the moon for you! :D

I can't wait to see the updates of your skin kid ;) on PT - happy times and good health to you!

Aspen and Misty
03-20-2004, 10:36 PM

/s/ Phred

I never said she had to answer them all or certain ones, but I do belave some one asked if Lilycat was her mother (never saw an answer) and someone else asked what names she had picked out (although she answered this) other questions like that, I'm just curiouse :D Can't help! Hee hee! Exiting times this is going to be!! I can't wait to see the sweet baby when it's born! :D TONS OF PICS!!! But don't deprive us of your kitties to :p of course, I don't think you could :)

Keep us updated!! I can't wait to find out what sex the baby will be

Ash

Vio&Juni
03-21-2004, 08:43 AM
Awwww, congratulations Johanna!

I like Lillyana (we have it in Moldova, though we spell it Liliana), I also like Carolina (my sister's name, we pronounce it differently, like in Italian) :)

bluekat
03-21-2004, 09:38 AM
Awww Congratulations!:D I'm so happy for you!:D

Keep us updated!

Barbara
03-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Congratulations !!!

I am sure you will love the baby in any gender:) All the best for you. Lilycat will be excited too. I hope to see her around more when the baby is sleeping ;)

My best friend here has a daughter called Lilian. She's 19 and very ok, so that might be a good sign for Lilyana. But I feel you have to pick a boys' name too.

luckies4me
03-21-2004, 12:48 PM

/s/ Phred

Yes she can steer this post the way SHE chooses, but to not think at least one person would ask those questions is rather silly. We never said she had to answer them!

Cataholic
03-21-2004, 01:04 PM
And, I would like to steer this post AWAY from bickering....so, if you must bicker, please go else where, please.:(

luckies4me
03-21-2004, 01:06 PM
And, I would like to steer this post AWAY from bickering....so, if you must bicker, please go else where, please.:(

I will stop bickering Jo! I want your thread to be happy! I was just merely curious. ;) Trust me, I know how pregnancy is and you need to be happy! You WILL be even happier once you know what I have for you, hehe. :p I'll have to charge my batteries though before I take a pic of it. :) It might not fit the baby until he/she is around three weeks, but it's super cute!:D

Aspen and Misty
03-21-2004, 01:08 PM
Johanna, I almost have your card done!! You're gonna love it!!!

I thought I might suggest to those who aren't as talented as others on here, or just don't lots of money (both are me!) that a card is a wonderful and just as touching way to say congrats! Hee hee! Thats what I'm doing since I'm on a low budget of nothing ;) and have no talent expet for writeing, Hee hee hee!

:D Congrats again! Keep us updated :D Any new names picked out? I love Lilyana :D

Ash

Miss Meow
03-21-2004, 02:24 PM
I don't have any ideas for names just yet (but love Liliana :)), sooooo, can we call our new Pet Talker Catbaby for now? :D

Barbara
03-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Or should we say Tuxbaby?:D :D :D

Cataholic
03-21-2004, 04:18 PM
I know, we can just call it the little kitten! He he..that way, Monte (aka Montster) is not feeling left out, being a non-tuxie..he he he..

mugsy
03-21-2004, 04:24 PM
Ok, I am going to ask....are you going to be able to make it to Findlay? I sure hope so....then you can help plan the baby shower (if you want to). You're going to be a great mom to a 2 legger since you have so much experience with 4 leggers.

Cataholic
03-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Molly,
I will make it to the one in May, but, not the one next month. It is just too soon for me. :(

popcornbird
03-21-2004, 04:50 PM
I know, we can just call it the little kitten! He he..that way, Monte (aka Montster) is not feeling left out, being a non-tuxie..he he he..

My mom's friend has a baby girl that EVERYONE calls the kitten. She has green eyes, VERY VERY cute baby.........she's so adorable, that she's known as the *kitten*. She does kinda look like a kitten too. :p Maybe your baby will also look like a sweet kitten. :D

I'm going to call him/her *Baby Catapault*. :p

Rottieluver45
03-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Yay yay yay!! :D

shais_mom
03-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Congratulations Jo!!

And YES for whoever asked LillyCat is Johanna's mother.

All Creatures Great And Small
03-21-2004, 08:58 PM
I read this whole thread with a big grin on my face - it was quite a surprise, since, like so many others, I was expecting a new 4-legged addition. I'm so happy for you! You're the youngest 38-year old I know, and you take such good care of yourself that you shouldn't have any problems.

I secretly wished for a girl too, only because I had no brothers and my dad left when I was 10, so boys/men were alien creatures to me and I was afraid I wouldn't know how to raise one! I didn't dislike boys, I just wanted something I could understand better. (Phred - you forgot one thing - men are very handy to have around for killing scary bugs too! ;) :D )

Hope to see you and your tummy at the Memorial Day dog park meeting! rub-rub-rub

Uabassoon
03-21-2004, 09:05 PM
OMG I go away for a weekend and look at what I missed! Congrats! I'm so excited for you :)

Lilith Cherry
03-21-2004, 09:06 PM
Oh joy and happiness to you Johanna!! I wish you a happy, healthy baby of either sex! Get lots of rest if you can.

Things to come.....see picture

Lilith Cherry
03-21-2004, 09:07 PM
sorry it didnt attach!

captain
03-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Oh Johanna!!!! Congratulations sweetlady!!!

Whilst everyone is thinking PINK, I am with Phred - I like Boy Babies - but I think that ANY BABY would be a welcome addition to our world (oh, sorry,to YOUR world!!! ) :D

Hugs and Love
Michelle

Steffi N
03-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Congratulations, Johanna. I am very happy for you and hope everything keeps going smoothly and safely.

I am expecting my first grandniece in late June. :)

DogLover9501
03-21-2004, 11:12 PM
:D :eek: :D Congrats Johanna!!!! This thread really surprised me :eek:

Your 2-legger will have a very BIG special angel watching over him/her :) ;)

wolf_Q
03-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Congratulations!!

gini
03-21-2004, 11:50 PM
I have many nieces and two nephews. I have mentioned my oldest neice in another thread about her pit bull Bella.

When she, at the tender age of 29, learned that she had adult onset diabetes, insulin dependent, I started calling her my little baby kitty. It so suited her.............she just needed to be hugged, held and reassured - with this huge adjustment to her life ahead of her that none of us could do for her.

She will always be my little baby kitty - such a loving girl with a heart so big and it seems God is filling it lately with tough calls for her to deal with.

Yes, let's call Johanna's baby -"baby kitty" for now - and promise that only strong love, reassurance and security awaits it - boy or girl.

Kater
03-22-2004, 01:55 AM
What a wonderful blessing, Jo! I'm so excited for you!

Don't forget to take a prenatal vitamin supplement! (That is the extent of my knowledge about pregnancy, so I thought I'd share! ;) )

Keep us updated! And you will be in my prayers during this special time!

kimlovescats
03-22-2004, 02:03 AM
Congratulations, Johanna!!! What wonderful news! I was browsing this forum, because I was posting the news that I will be a new grammy in October ... and I am only 40! :eek:

Best wishes for a healthy, happy baby ... and we need LOTS of updates!!!!

(((HUGS)))

:)

ramanth
03-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Oh WOW!!!!!! :eek: :D :D :D

That was NOT what I expected to read, but I am SO happy for you!!!!! Blessings for you and your little one and I'm thinking pink!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you in May and I PROMISE I won't rub. :D

Cataholic
03-22-2004, 08:43 AM
WOW! You guys are absolutely the best! Some of you have made comments that have really helped me right now, truly. I would go into detail, but water works **need** to be turned off for now, or, I might dehydrate. :)

Lilith, what a wonderful picture, and it will be just about right on the mark at my house, too!

Thanks for being such a support for me. I wish you all lived in my neighbor hood, so we could hang out all together all the time. Course, that might make it kinda like a giant dog park....and that might keep my baby awake sometimes. :p

Kona & Oreo's mom
03-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Congratulations, Johanna!! :D

Christiansmommy
03-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Congrats! September is a great month to have a baby...not too hot, or too cold...i had my little man, Christian, on September 1st...labor day weekend to be exact!! :)

He was due the 10th, but decided to come early ( i had no complaints!) :)

If you have any questions during your pregnancy...feel free to PM me...since i have been there, done that, recently.

Congrats again!

Robyn

robinh
03-22-2004, 09:56 AM
I've been reading the posts and have to concur with all the good wishes. For someone who cares about living creatures as you do Johanna, this is perfect. How lucky a child your baby will be to get a mommy who loves and gives with her whole heart.

I will tell you I'm secretly thinking PINK, but I know you'll be happy no matter what.

Stenograsaurus
03-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Oh, Johanna, I am so happy for you!!!! I can't say anything more than what has already been said. Everything will work out fine with the feline gang. So when are you due in September? (I am due the 20th.) So where is the picture of the ultrasound? Did you get a picture? Isn't it just the most awesome feeling in the world seeing that little baby on the screen and hearing the heartbeat for the first time? There is not a more beautiful sight or sound in the world. Congratulations. You are entering the second trimester, what is commonly referred to as the "honeymoon" of pregnancy. All symptoms should slowly decrease. Oh, a good website is www.storknet.com. You can see a week by week pregnancy guide and learn what will develop on your baby this week. I'll keep your family in my prayers. I hope all goes well.

Fett
03-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Big congrats, Johanna!:D

~Andy (as in Kimmy and Andy ;) )

Cincy'sMom
03-22-2004, 03:32 PM

Thanks for being such a support for me. I wish you all lived in my neighbor hood, so we could hang out all together all the time. Course, that might make it kinda like a giant dog park....and that might keep my baby awake sometimes. :p

I don't think you'd have to worry...My sister's baby has learned to sleep through the play of a Great Dane, Dalmation and Lab, I think neighbohoor dogs would be fine....esp in Pettalkville where they would all listen all the time, and all not bark when told to be quiet :)

We may not alllive in your neighborhood, but I think I can speak for most of us us in the region...we are here for you, and in a few hours can be there for you!

micki76
03-22-2004, 07:16 PM
My mom's friend has a baby girl that EVERYONE calls the kitten. She has green eyes, VERY VERY cute baby.........she's so adorable, that she's known as the *kitten*. She does kinda look like a kitten too. :p Maybe your baby will also look like a sweet kitten. :D

I'm going to call him/her *Baby Catapault*. :p

I think I'll call her/him Kittyholic! :D :D :D

lovemyshiba
03-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Stenograsaurus
So when are you due in September? (I am due the 20th.)

If you could both just hold out until the 21st--now that's a cool birthday!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Cincy'sMom
03-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
If you could both just hold out until the 21st--now that's a cool birthday!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

The 26th isn't so bad either!! (Cincy's Bday!)

Logan
03-22-2004, 09:09 PM
While we're ranking those September birthdays, the 18th is a great day!!!!! And I'd rather focus on your new baby on that day than face my 42nd one!!! :o

I'm editing now because I just realized that I never responded to this post before!!! :o I could have sworn that I did!!!!! Johanna, I am very happy for you and this future "little" one. Of course, I'm awfully happy for grandma Lillycat too because she will have the best time with this new baby!!! :) My heartfelt love and prayer are headed your way. I hope that everything will go smoothly. I can tell you, firsthand, that when that little baby comes into this world, nothing will ever be the same for you. But it will only be better from now on. I only had the pleasure of giving birth to one, but she is my life (as most of you know), and I can't imagine my life without her in it. :)

Much love,
Logan

KYS
03-22-2004, 09:20 PM
Congratulations!!. :D

NoahsMommy
03-23-2004, 12:23 AM
If my DSL goes down one more time, I'm moving in with one of you guys!!!!! :mad: I can't believe I missed this news!!!!!!

Johanna,
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. You have so much love and kindness to give, I'm so glad for this blessing.

Can't wait to hear all about how you're doing. AND, I can't wait to go to Old Navy for itty bitty "kitten" clothes. By September, my niece will be out of infant clothes.

Congrats, sweetie. I'm so happy for you.

Love,
Kelly :)

PJ's Mom
03-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Congrats on the newest member of your family. I can't think of someone who deserves happiness more than you. :)

pitbullmommy
03-23-2004, 11:13 AM
just wanted to congradulate you!

I cant wait to have babies :)

emily_the_spoiled
03-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Joanna

As another September 'baby' I would like to congratulation you on your latest addition to the herd. Something tells me that this one might be a little different than the furkids :D :D :D

Congratulations again and may you have a happy and healthy pregnancy...

Cheryl

Barbara
03-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by micki76
I think I'll call her/him Kittyholic! :D :D :D

I love that idea:D

green_chameleon_girl
03-23-2004, 04:18 PM
OH YAY!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

amoore
03-23-2004, 08:31 PM
Joanna , congratulations on the happy baby times that are ahead! I am so happy that such a good thing happened to a wonderful person like you! :)

I wish you and your baby good health. :)

green_chameleon_girl
03-23-2004, 09:01 PM
do you think that when your baby is older is will be on PT?? That would be so cool!!:D mabey in like 10ish years hahahaha wait...Ill be like 23...WOW haha;)

Karen
03-23-2004, 09:58 PM
By the way, haven't seen many boy names suggested, but Benjamin keeps popping into my head ...

Cinder & Smoke
03-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Karen
By the way,
haven't seen many boy names suggested...

A *BOY* ???

Think that possibility has been almost "ruled out" :p

She'd prolly go with what da Hoppsbittel uses to get things
started wiffa paperwork...

Sex = Male

Mom = Johanna

NAME = BOY

Middle Name = "NUTZ!" (or maybe "DarnIt!" )

:p :D

Logan
03-23-2004, 10:44 PM
When I was pregnant, my one and only time, I was convinced I was having a boy! I used blue in the nursery, but it was a pattern that was ok either way. I had two ultrasounds, but neither were conclusive. So there I am, giving birth and the doctor holds up the baby and I say "It's a boy". No it isn't! It's a girl!!!!!! :D :D :D What a joy that little girl has been for the 13+ years of her life!!! :) Johanna, either way, this will be one loved and special baby!!!!

lynnestankard
03-24-2004, 04:34 AM
The other way round for me Logan - both times I was convinced it was a girl - and it was!!
Even though my pregnancy with Elizabeth was so different than that with Diane and everyone was saying 'No, this will be a boy' - I knew she was a girl.
Lots of people assumed we wanted a boy second time round and looked at myself and Don very strangley when we both said 'We'd rather have another girl!'
So when she was born and the midwife said 'It's a girl' I just replied 'Yes I know'!!
We did have one boys name chosen - it was Richard!

Oh Johanna I'm just so excited for you and wishing I was an awful lot closer!

Lynne

Christiansmommy
03-24-2004, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Logan
When I was pregnant, my one and only time, I was convinced I was having a boy! I used blue in the nursery, but it was a pattern that was ok either way. I had two ultrasounds, but neither were conclusive. So there I am, giving birth and the doctor holds up the baby and I say "It's a boy". No it isn't! It's a girl!!!!!! :D :D :D What a joy that little girl has been for the 13+ years of her life!!! :) Johanna, either way, this will be one loved and special baby!!!!

That's funny, Logan, b/c i found out i was having a boy, and at the ultrasound, wasnt a bit surprised, b/c i just knew that is what i felt like i was having...so when i delivered him, the doc says, "it's a girl", and my husband and I looked at each other, and said that she was gonna have to be a real tomboy, b/c EVERYTHING was blue (clothes, nursery)....well, he was just kidding, it was of course, a boy...but he gave me a short heart attack for a minute there!! :)

Robyn

Stenograsaurus
03-24-2004, 08:41 AM
Hey, Johanna, go to this website. Click on the Ancient Chinese Gender Chart. It is used to determine the gender of your baby. It was accurate with my two so far and with the six other people that I checked. I think you might like what it says!!!! Maybe others can see if it was accurate for them or not.

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/

Kater
03-24-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Stenograsaurus
Hey, Johanna, go to this website. Click on the Ancient Chinese Gender Chart. It is used to determine the gender of your baby. It was accurate with my two so far and with the six other people that I checked. I think you might like what it says!!!! Maybe others can see if it was accurate for them or not.

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/

It was accurate for me! (my own birth, I don't have any children!) Neat!

Cataholic
03-24-2004, 10:27 AM
:D Who can I sue if it is wrong?

Stenograsaurus
03-24-2004, 11:06 AM
:D Who can I sue if it is wrong?

LOL

Vio&Juni
03-25-2004, 08:05 AM
My friend's doctor is a friend of her.

For every woman that requested to be told the sex of the baby, he would write down the opposite :) so, in case she would have a baby of the other sex, he could say - No, l told you this. Look, I even wrote it down :)

That was only a joke. Of course, even the ultra sound can be wrong in some cases and he was telling them that.