PDA

View Full Version : They are such a Godsend

K9soul
03-19-2004, 01:00 PM
I guess this is kind of a pointless post, but I wanted to recognize in some way how wonderful the pups are, beyond the norm.

I'm having a very rough day, due to some personal issues/problems that I don't need to get into, but the dogs are so amazing. Generally while I work Tommy sleeps in the back room or the hall a lot, but today, he has been curled up right on top of my feet. I can't say how much it is comforting to feel his presence there.

And Tasha keeps coming up, and putting her paws on the arm of my chair, reaches up to give me kisses. Then when she lays down she is laying where she can keep a close eye on me.

The feeling I get from their obvious concern and their watching over me is indescribable. They understand nothing of what is going on, all they know is that Mom needs comforting and there they are. I love them so much.

Lissa
03-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Layla is very much the same. I don't know what I would do with out her on a bad day!:eek:

robinh
03-19-2004, 01:38 PM
I know that when I'm having a bad day (which I've had quite a few lately) I can find one or more of the doggies curled at my feet, sitting beside me in a chair or laying beside me on the bed. I think I understand what you mean about the feeling that comes over you just knowing they are there.

I cannot imagine my life without these warm, loveable, gentle, goofy souls in it. Just the thought brings me to tears.

I hope you take great comfort in the fact that an animal knows a good soul and rewards it in return to what it receives. I believe your love for your dogs and their love for you really says a lot about what kind of person you are.

Corinna
03-19-2004, 01:45 PM
ditto on all counts

K9soul
03-19-2004, 01:46 PM
Your post really touched me deeply Robin. These pups of ours are surely heaven sent :)

dukedogsmom
03-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Dogs are one of the greatest gifts around. It hurts me so bad when I hear of them being abused. You are so lucky to be able to work at home and have your special dogs with you all the time. How I would love to be with Duke all day. Wish I could get rich or think of something I could do at home.

Logan
03-19-2004, 02:46 PM
I know exactly how you feel!!!!!!! :D

tatsxxx11
03-19-2004, 02:52 PM
Me too, Jessica:) I can't tell you the number of times I've wanted to come here just to tell everyone how much I love my girls. It's as though my heart coiuld burst with love. During the hardest and most trying of times it is they who are always there with a gentle nudge, a kiss, a comforting paw. And nothing compares to the weight and warmth of their bodies against mine. They sure do sense my moods and every time they manage to make my darkest days bright. How can you help but smile when a soft, furry face rubs against yours, a set of big, brown (or blue...Cody:)) eyes plead, "Don't be sad Mom." Tommy and Tasha, you're the best:) And so is your Mom. But you guys already know THAT!:)

Holly's mom
03-19-2004, 03:20 PM
So sweet, I definitely know how you feel. Dogs are so comforting, they are always there when you need them.