PDA

View Full Version : Child Abduction warning for part of Washington and Oregon. Anyone know anything?

luckies4me
03-19-2004, 12:32 PM
There has been issued a Child Abduction Warning for part of Washington and our part of Oregon until 1:30 this afternoon. Does anyone know what this is about or what it means? I am very confused.............should I not go outside with my son?

luckies4me
03-19-2004, 12:35 PM
A Cival authority has issued a child abduction emergency for the following counties/area, Clark WA and all Oregon at 10:32 am on Mar 19th, 2004 effective until 1:32 pm

luckies4me
03-19-2004, 12:36 PM
That message keeps flashing across all the tv channels........:confused: :eek:

Lissa
03-19-2004, 12:48 PM
I've never heard of such a thing. And how do they know how long to put the warning up for? I'm a worry wart so I wouldn't go out side, but since I really have never heard of such a thing I dont' know what to tell you!:eek:

luckies4me
03-19-2004, 12:51 PM
I know me either, that's why I am asking LOL. I want to know what the heck it means! Did some crazy person escape or what, you know? I mean, I don't know what it means and I would like to know. Is there a child missing? It's all very confusing.

I'm still going outisde. I am not going to stay cooped up inside for a what if, I would just like to know. If there is a real threat then I will stay inside.

gini
03-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Cass, do you have a local news channel that you could call?

luckies4me
03-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by gini
Cass, do you have a local news channel that you could call?

Yes I have a local news channel but how do I get ahold of them? LOL I've never called them before. It just sounds strange, you know?

Karen
03-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Just look in the phone book under their call letter, or go online - most local news stations have websites.

The alert may have something to do with this story (http://www.nbc16.com/news/state/story.aspx?content_id=F135BB14-C1F1-4E66-967C-192BC5C51B0E) .

I would guess the warning just means not to send your child outside without an adult to supervise.

gini
03-19-2004, 01:21 PM
That link refers to a previous abduction and the father has been caught and the girl returned.

Cass is talking about a new alert that appears on tv today.

luckies4me
03-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Just look in the phone book under their call letter, or go online - most local news stations have websites.

The alert may have something to do with this story (http://www.nbc16.com/news/state/story.aspx?content_id=F135BB14-C1F1-4E66-967C-192BC5C51B0E) .

I would guess the warning just means not to send your child outside without an adult to supervise.

That would be it then I guess Karen. That is our news.

Karen
03-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by gini
That link refers to a previous abduction and the father has been caught and the girl returned.

Cass is talking about a new alert that appears on tv today.

My link refers to attempted abduction yesterday in Portland, whch seems more likely a link.

luckies4me
03-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Hrmm, if it happened yesterday why would they just now show something on TV, and it's not even on the news? Hrmm........

Karen
03-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Hrmm, if it happened yesterday why would they just now show something on TV, and it's not even on the news? Hrmm........

Because the guy was not caught, and is still out there somewhere??? I would call the station on which you say the warning flash. Barring that, call the local police station - not 911, just the normal number. I'm sure they will know what the warning means.

luckies4me
03-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Ok, I will do that in about 20 minutes as soon as I am finished. We were watching the Disney Channel when I first saw it and then it said to change it to channel 14 for more information.

ramanth
03-19-2004, 01:36 PM
SCARY! How brave of that girl and I hope they catch the guy.

That's the first I ever heard of a warning....

such are our times....

very sad... :(

Corinna
03-19-2004, 01:41 PM
I am so glad for the amber alert system . It ties Hyway signs lotto machines and tv and raidio stations to broadcast the alerts. It has saved and stopped many apductions in the country. Don't know about todays alert.

luckies4me
03-19-2004, 01:54 PM
Ok I just off the phone with the police and found out what happened. A little baby is missing. :(

A non-custodial mom took her 5 month old and fled, they think on her way to California but they really have no idea. They were in Shady Grove and driving south in a gold Nissan Maxima with California license plate. So if anyone sees this vehicle, unsure of the number on the plate, then you may want to contact your local police. :(

Desert Arabian
03-19-2004, 02:29 PM
We've had Amber Alerts in Wisconsin before, not a good thing at all to see.

:(

Hopefully the baby is found ok.

Logan
03-19-2004, 03:11 PM
I've been getting the Amber Alert emails all day today about this 5 month old baby. :( They have sent several because they got the name wrong a couple of times. It did not say that the 20 year old was the baby's mother, though. :( :( :( I hope they find him and that he will be safe.

Here's what I received:

**** ALERT FOLLOWS ************************
Amber Alert Issued for 5 Month Old Oregon Boy
Posted: Friday 03/19/04 1:20 PM CST

The Jackson County Sheriff's office and the Oregon State Police issued the Amber Alert after the boy was abducted from his baby sitter in Shady Grove on Friday morning.

Anthony Pintarelli, 5 months, 21 lbs., and has dark hair and blue eyes. He was reportedly taken from a home in Shady Cove, Oregon.

He was last seen wearing a Snoopy t-shirt with a blue blanket wrapped around him.

Police are looking for Ashley Ann Garabrant 20 yrs. The woman was recently released from a mental institution and the child is believed to be in extreme danger.

Police believe they may be headed toward Yuba City, California in a 1994 champagne-colored Nissan Maxima with California plate number 4FB J950.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Jackson County Sheriff's department at 541-776-7338 or dial 911.

Visit http://codeamber.c.topica.com/maab3Xhaa5jChbbYyWJb/ for more information

**** END OF ALERT **********************************
Please forward this email to everyone you know in the area.

Thank you.
Codeamber.org - The Web's Amber Alert System

**** AMBER ALERT CORRECTION *****

Correct the child's name to Anthony M. Pintarelli

http://codeamber.c.topica.com/maab3YVaa5jN1bbYyWJb/

**** AMBER ALERT CORRECTION 2:58 PM CT ****

RICHARD
03-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Baby was found safe in CA!!!

luckies4me
03-19-2004, 09:22 PM
Oh thank God! I was so worried for this little one.