PDA

View Full Version : Speed Bumps

catnapper
03-19-2004, 10:13 AM
How am I to get any work done when I have speed bumps along the way?

I was trying to vaccuum my navy blue steps (which always seem to need vaccuuming) and I looked up to see a major speed bump that didn't want to be moved... I know, just pick him up and send him on his way. But heck, perhaps someone above was trying to tell me to take the day off. At least thats how I interpreted it.;)
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/inmyway.jpg
Hey Meowmie, you woke me from my nap! Do you mind finding something else to do?

cubby31682
03-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Aww how cute. I wish I found a few speed bumps today, but I don't think that will happen. When I start cleaning the kitchen Cubby doesn't go in there anymore he ends up getting a few drops of water on him and runs to go clean him self. :rolleyes:

Katie

jazzcat
03-19-2004, 10:16 AM
I like your thinking!!!!!!

Kirsten
03-19-2004, 10:22 AM
Ohhhh yes!!! I'm sure he was telling you to take the day off! :)

Kirsten

Twink
03-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by jazzcat
I like your thinking!!!!!!

Me too! Cats are heavenly messengers sent to ensure that we don't work to hard....at least, not at anything other than taking care of THEM. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
But heck, perhaps someone above was trying to tell me to take the day off.

That's it exactly! I'm so glad you got the message. ;) :D

"Hi honey, I'm home from work!"

"Welcome home dear - smooch!"

"Honey.....I thought you were going to vacuum today. Is there something wrong with the vacuum cleaner?"

"No dear, why do you ask?"

"Well, honey, the steps are still all full of cat hair. Has the vacuum lost it's suction power?"

"Well you see dear, I ran into a few speed bumps along the way today....." <blushing>

;) :D :D

rg_girlca
03-19-2004, 11:28 AM
What an adorable speed bump.
When I bring the monster vacuum cleaner out, my speed bumps automatically disappear.

tutebugs
03-19-2004, 11:50 AM
LOL..how cute. My ferrets are always being speed bumps around the house. They'll be running and running and running and then all of a sudden *plop* right onto the floor wherever it suits them!!!

catnapper
03-19-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
What an adorable speed bump.
When I bring the monster vacuum cleaner out, my speed bumps automatically disappear.

Nicki hides for an hour afterwards, Allen just runs for the moment, and Pouncer pretends it doesn't exist... or he chases it.:)

Tubby and Peanut's Mom:
I don't know if the conversation would go QUITE that way... especially since hubby left for work extra grumpy today:D It would be more like....
"Grrr, whatta bad day. I see you sat and watched tv all day again."
"Me? I did 5 loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, and filed our taxes" (which I did, just have to take them to the Post Office yet)
"Besides, I broke the vaccuum again" I always seem to get fur clogged and he's the only one that can dislodge the fur!!!:D :D

catlover4ever
03-19-2004, 11:58 AM
I'll take a speed bump like that ANY DAY!!!!:D :D

Most of the time by babies run and hide, except for Tucker, she just glares at the vacuum cleaner....like her glare is going to make it go away.

Felicia's Mom
03-19-2004, 12:30 PM
My speed bumps disappear when I get the vacuum cleaner.

Randi
03-19-2004, 02:36 PM
I LOVE that carpet, but I love Poucer more!! ;) Pouncer is lucky it's there at all, or he'd slowly slide down the stairs. :D

My speedbump disappears the moment the hoover comes out. Yesterday, I took the hoover out, heading for the bedroom - Fister recognised it and hid under the bed. I gave him a chance to get out before I really got into it, I even turned it off a few times to give him another chance, but no, he stayed - until I got really close. Then he ran like mad to the bathroom. :D

RICHARD
03-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Pet Talk Rule 41.5

Sleeping animals shall not be disturbed, moved or
upset in any way, shape or form.

If at all possible vacuum around said pet.

Cataholic
03-19-2004, 03:55 PM
Richard, that is a VERY good rule.

Nice speedbump! Funny, mine seem to exist on beds and sofas more than floors..:rolleyes:

Karen
03-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Miss Hoppy is never a speed bump - but she does sometimes give Paul and the vacuum cleaner a good *thump* before hopping away.

catmandu
03-20-2004, 09:09 AM
It is always maazing , that in a big house , the Cats can always find an awkward place to be , as on the Kitchen table, when you are bringing dinner over , JJJ3s Specialty!