PDA

View Full Version : Avon Pushing Her Luck!

K & L
03-19-2004, 09:00 AM
We have a huge wine glass holder that hangs from the ceiling over the counter. I came home the other day and Avon jumped on it and broke my favorite glasses. Then she climbed on the top shelf and started attacking Olive and nearly knocked over my ceramic rooster.

I take one small can of Friskies wet food and give each cat about ½ teaspoon for a treat. As I was preparing this she jumps on the counter and starts grabbing as much food in her mouth as she could shove. Then she jumped down and started chasing Bentley and Paisley. After all said and done she came up to me and start cat cooing and purring. She’s pushing her luck!
:D

catmandu
03-19-2004, 09:04 AM
Avon sounds like JJJ3 , who can wreak havoc , in his never ending quest for Whikas Temptations! A Tornado would cause less damage!But I still love him, as I know you do , Avon!

catnapper
03-19-2004, 09:06 AM
Why wasn't she nominated for Naw-Tee-est kitty? Avon, you'd better start behaving... or at the very least, don't let mom witness your destruction (then you can blame another kitty;) )

catlover4ever
03-19-2004, 09:24 AM
Sounds like Avon is getting a little fiesty....sounds just like Tigger. TIgger like to jump to the top of the kitchen cabinets, walk across the curtain rod over the kitchen sink and go to the other set of cabinets where she proceeds to chase her tail franticly....I'm waiting for the day that she chases her tail and either falls off herself or knocks something down like one of my cookie jars.

Twink
03-19-2004, 09:42 AM
Avon, darling, you're getting it all wrong. Now is the time to walk around making big eyes at everyone and assuring them that you are the sweetest kitty in the universe. Later, when you are firmly and officially established as a permanent member of the household, THEN is the time to wreak havoc.

:D

jazzcat
03-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Why wasn't she nominated for Naw-Tee-est kitty? Avon, you'd better start behaving... or at the very least, don't let mom witness your destruction (then you can blame another kitty;) )

Good advice Avon, don't let anyone see you so you can blame it on another.

Kirsten
03-19-2004, 10:27 AM
She should have been nominated for the Naw-Tee kitty girl contest! ;) Sounds a lot like my Lily! :D

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Good advice Avon, don't let anyone see you so you can blame it on another.

I agree! What a naw-tee kitty!!! Sorry about your wine glasses, but who said you could have wine glasses in a house full of kitties anyway? ;) :D

rg_girlca
03-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Oh Avon, not nice to show the naw-tee side of you since you are the new comer to the household. Don't push your luck sweetheart if you want to stay.
But you look soooo sweet and innocent when laying in your humans lap.

shais_mom
03-19-2004, 12:16 PM
wow! Avon and Sammy need to be boyfriend and girlfriend! ;)
Far be it from me to give advice, b/c I definately need Cat Ownership for Dummies but do you use Rescue Remedy?
Or is she just a kitten? I can't remember how old you said she was. :confused:

RedHedd
03-19-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
b/c I definately need Cat Ownership for Dummies :confused: What's really funny is that there is a Cats for Dummies! Go to http://www.dummies.com and you can sign up to receive e-tips. I get my Cat tip for Dummies once a week. :) They actually have some good tips.

Now Avon .... sounds like a real entertaining handful of kitty fluff to have around. Keeps life interesting! :p

Denyce
03-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Sounds like Avon is related to Katiebugyoulittlemonsterstopthatrightnow!

Barbara
03-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Avon girl, be careful with these glasses. I remember when Filou broke the little Venetian glass elephants my father had given to me and which I had for more than 20 years or Juni breaking some stuff of Sallyanne she really was fond of. Some things are easier to forget than others;)

K & L
03-19-2004, 08:56 PM
Ok, here's the latest: We're sitting here visiting with daughter, her husband, and grandkids. Avon climbs up on the plant shelf, climbs in the plant, and manages to fall 9' down inside the plant and basket! Broke my palm tree and scattered debris and cat hair everywhere! AHHHHHHHHHH Thank goodness nothing was hurt, especially the cat!

I can't remember who asked about rescue rememdy, but we've never used this. Avon is about 7 mo. old and full of kitten!!!

kimlovescats
03-19-2004, 09:01 PM
Yikes!!! Maybe now we know why sweet Avon was sent "calling'!!!???:eek: :rolleyes: Oh well, she hasn't met her match yet!!! She just needs a few tips in refinement and house etiquette, and she will be just fine!!!;) :D