PDA

View Full Version : Just Briefly Caught on the News

aly
03-18-2004, 10:14 PM
The news was reporting about a gorilla getting loose at the Dallas Zoo I believe. I had to stop listening because I got sad that they had to kill the gorilla to ensure everyone's safety :(

But then I caught the tail end of them talking about saving a CUTE little puppy from a rushing river somewhere. It didn't look like it was in Texas, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else heard this story? I know stories with news coverage are able to get the animal adopted quickly, but I still want to know for sure when the puppy gets a home for my own peace of mind.

Nomilynn
03-18-2004, 10:46 PM
Here is the news story about the gorilla. I tried to get the story from a dallas source but it was going to make me sign up for something.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/nation/8221979.htm

I haven't found anything about the puppy yet.

clara4457
03-19-2004, 01:00 AM
Both stories were on our local news as well. The dog was actually rescued in the Albany New York area. I was only half listening, but I did hear them say the dog was uninjured.

lovemyshiba
03-20-2004, 12:39 AM
I saw the gorilla news story on the Today show this morning. How sad.
I'm glad everyone is ok though, and it seems that the child who was injured will be ok soon too.

How did that happen??:confused: :confused:

gini
03-22-2004, 12:22 AM
I had heard on CNN that some young kids were taunting the gorilla. (this irritates me to no end).

The gorilla started banging on a door and pulling on it and it gave way............once he was loose, he attacked the youngster and the Mother.

Thank God, they both will be alright. However, the poor gorilla is now gone.

I would like to know who the young kids were that were taunting the gorilla - and I would appreciate seeing more education in what is appropriate when viewing animals in a zoo.

Maybe if they were put into an enclosure and taunted, maybe, just maybe, they could relate to the poor gorilla.

teenster3
03-24-2004, 10:44 PM
I agree with Gini! I heard that the kids were bugging the gorilla too. To kill an animal because of a human's wrong doing....how sad is that? I mean I don't want anyone to get hurt but, come on. It's just sickening to me that this happens often and the animal is the one that gets the short end of the stick. Whatever happened to RESPECT? Do kids these days know that, heck do people in general???

dukedogsmom
03-25-2004, 06:48 AM
Now that really makes me angry! So the gorilla had to die because of those bratty kids? I think they should have been punished somehow. Like doing cleanup work at the zoo or something.

lovemyshiba
03-25-2004, 08:39 AM
I saw the family on tv yesterday--the little boy was telling the story of what happened.

The family has hired an attorney to keep their options open.

I hadn't heard of the kids taunting the gorilla--that's a shame.
Zoo education would be a great idea--I think many kids think it's ok to do whatever they want to the animals because they are in cages--not so!!

aly
03-25-2004, 11:37 AM
I don't think they went in with the intention to kill the gorilla. They were trying to shoot him with a tranquilizer but couldn't get a clear shot. Then the gorilla charged 2 police officers, so they shot and killed him.

Now, wheter that is true or not, I have no clue. But that is what I saw on TV.

I feel so bad that the gorilla died such a horrible death :( :( :(