PDA

View Full Version : When are you going to breed your dog?

Tonya
03-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Yesterday, we were walking Dusty and Roxy when this woman stopped us. She got all excited because she'd had a dog for 10 years that looked like Roxy.

She asked "When will you be breeding her?"

"I won't be breeding her."

"But they'll have such beautiful puppies! I'll pay good money for them!"

"I won't be breeding her, she's fixed."

"Oh, why would you fix such a beautiful dog?!"

"She was fixed when I got her."

"Oh, well can you give me the breeders number where you got her from?"

"I didn't get her from a breeder, I rescued her from a sleddog rescue, and Dusty came from the pound."

"OMG, dogs that pretty come from rescues and pounds?!!! I never even thought to look there!"

So, I educated her a bit and gave her the websites to a few area rescues. She was in total disbelief that there are such rescues out there. If she'd had any idea she would have been against breeding she said.

So, I walked away kind of happy. Some people are true animal lovers, but they just don't have a clue.

Logan
03-18-2004, 07:01 PM
One more who is educated now, Tonya!!! Thank you!!!! We can't tell everyone at the same time, but we can get them, one by one, each and every day. Good for you!!!!! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
03-18-2004, 07:48 PM
*Applauds*:) :) :) Well done!

Karen
03-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Big hugs to you! Another one on the side of right! :)

Moose
03-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Wow, the second I saw the title of this thread I was about ready to go off on you. lol. I didn't even look at who the poster was, but had I looked, I would have known better. :o

Good for you for continuing to spread the word!

GoldenRetrLuver
03-18-2004, 08:53 PM
LOL...when I first saw the title of this thread, my response was "What the h*ll?!?" *PHEW* :p

Nice Job! Some people know nothing. :rolleyes:

tikeyas_mom
03-18-2004, 09:09 PM
omg the same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago, i never thought about posting about it though. I was driving down town to get gas and to goto dog beach with Tikeya and this man rushed up to the car offering money to breed Tikeya with his malamute. I stated she was spayed and that I wouldent have bred her because she has part wooly in her, the man didnt understand why i had spayed her. he didnt even know what a wooly husky was :rolleyes:, it was kinda cute.

anna_66
03-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Some people are true animal lovers, but they just don't have a clue.
No truer words were ever spoken! It was so wonderful of you to do a little educating!

Miss Meow
03-18-2004, 09:28 PM
People do that with Buffy because she's tiny and cute and I used to get really uncomfortable when saying no. Now she has an impressive scar on her bald belly, I don't mind who asks ;)

It's great that at least the woman had an open mind to learn a bit more :)

Corinna
03-18-2004, 09:54 PM
way to go girl . I saw the title started to panic then saw your name and knew it couldn't be as it seemed.

Kfamr
03-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Eeep! this thread scared me at first too!

It's too bad everyone's not educated about such stuff, glad you've helped spread the word though. :)

Lissa
03-18-2004, 09:58 PM
I was way confused when I saw the title and your name as the poster. I was in complete disbelief! :eek: But of course I read it and have to congratulate you for your work and the lady for having an open mind to hear you out!:D

ramanth
03-19-2004, 08:19 AM
Great job Tonya!!! :D

I've had people ask me if I plan to breed Kia. :rolleyes:

Lissa
03-19-2004, 11:13 AM
I do too because everyone thinks she is a mini-shepherd. I always just tell them she's a mutt and they look shocked. It's kinda funny.

K9soul
03-19-2004, 01:20 PM
Good job Tonya :)

This kind of reminds me when I was in high school still, I had Cody and Willie, and my best friend had a little sheltie named Stormy. Every time we took all three for a walk, there would be people just sure that Cody and Willie were mom and dad, and Stormy was the baby :o.

I particularly remember this one woman who saw Cody, and kept calling him 'she' and finally I told her he is a he, and she exclaimed "Oh, but she's too PRETTY to be a he!" LOL