PDA

View Full Version : we should have a photo contest!

wolfie
03-18-2004, 03:41 PM
There have been a few photo contests in pet general, but I think we should have a dog photo contest!

What do you think? I could host it! What should the theme be? Cutest would be just too hard to vote for! Any ideas for themes? :)

wolf_Q
03-18-2004, 03:46 PM
We've had many dog photo contests, I guess just none lately. :)

What about an Easter one?

wolfie
03-18-2004, 03:51 PM
Hmm... not everyone celebrates Easter though. But it could be cute, with bunnies and all. ^_^

BTW, when is Easter?

wolfie
03-18-2004, 09:33 PM
*bump*
Isn't anyone else interested in a photo contest? if not then I'll just drop the idea. :)

guster girl
03-18-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm interested! :) You could do several categories if enough people wanted to participate. Like puppy, holiday, big dog, little dog, dogs with other species....or maybe just do like a theme such as talented dog...showcasing your dog or puppy performing a trick, or something. :)

tikeyas_mom
03-18-2004, 09:36 PM
how about side profile contest ;).

wolfie
03-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Oh yay, people are interested. ^_^

Hmm, all are good ideas. I'll see how many people are interested before deciding on a theme.

It'd be a cute idea to divide it up into small dogs and big dogs though. :) Then maybe the winners could go head to head for the 'best in show' winner. :D

Kfamr
03-18-2004, 09:44 PM
How about a *Represent your country* contest? That way each pup has a chance of entering.

wolfie
03-18-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
How about a *Represent your country* contest? That way each pup has a chance of entering.

Ooh, I like that idea! We could have 'miss/mr _country_' and then those winners could compete for the grand prize winner. :)

tikeyas_mom
03-18-2004, 09:50 PM
oOo, i like that one too.. but it would be hard for me because, umm all the snow has melted here pretty much ;)

wolfie
03-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
oOo, i like that one too.. but it would be hard for me because, umm all the snow has melted here pretty much ;)

You'll have to travel up north! :p

Kfamr
03-18-2004, 09:52 PM

Snow doesn't necessarily represent your country though, since snow falls in alot of countries. Kind like we have snow in the US, but not in florida. so it doesn't really represent my country. understand? :p

You oculd always wrap them in a flag, or something that represents Canada. :p

Kfamr
03-18-2004, 09:53 PM
And nevermind my typos and such. :o i'm too lazy to edit that post. PT is running a bit slow... :o

tikeyas_mom
03-18-2004, 09:56 PM
humm....... i shall need to borrow my god moms camera for this contest since mine sux.. lol. I dont think I even have a flag :o...

wolfie
03-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Yay, we have a theme!

So how long should I give for entries? Maybe 2 weeks? Pics have to be sent to me by April 1? Or is that not enough time?

oh, and it's okay if I enter too right? :)

Kfamr
03-18-2004, 09:57 PM
humm....... i shall need to borrow my god moms camera for this contest since mine sux.. lol. I dont think I even have a flag :o...

:eek: Really?

Almost everyone I know atleast has one American flag, if not many. That's really interesting.

Kfamr
03-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by wolfie
Yay, we have a theme!

So how long should I give for entries? Maybe 2 weeks? Pics have to be sent to me by April 1? Or is that not enough time?

oh, and it's okay if I enter too right? :)

I'd say 3-4 weeks maybe, since not everyone has digital cameras and are able to get pictures as quickly.

You should have a rule or something, one picture per person or something along those lines, since not everyone has 2 or more dogs. That way everyone has a fair chance.

Of course it's okay if you enter.

will there be prizes? :D You should make a seperete thread explaining the contest and all :)

Moose
03-18-2004, 10:01 PM
:eek: Really?

Almost everyone I know atleast has one American flag, if not many. That's really interesting.

We didn't have one until 9/11. Sadly, I think it was that way for a lot of people. It took something as tragic as that to get a flag...:(

Kfamr
03-18-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Moose
We didn't have one until 9/11. Sadly, I think it was that way for a lot of people. It took something as tragic as that to get a flag...:(

It is pretty sad. We've always had alot of flags, especially the little ones that we'd carry around on the 4th of July.

wolfie
03-18-2004, 10:04 PM
You should make a seperete thread explaining the contest and all :)

okay, will do. :)

tikeyas_mom
03-18-2004, 10:27 PM
i used to have a large canadian flag but i sizzled it with a candle and it smelt so i chucked it.. :o.