PDA

View Full Version : We did vet checkups today!

K9soul
03-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Today was the day of yearly physical and vaccinations for Tommy and Tasha. They both checked out with a totally clean bill of health. They each had a Lyme's vaccine and DHPP vaccine, their rabies is not due till next year.

I was so proud of them. Tommy became like a limp rag doll so we had to put him up on the table. He was terrified up there, afraid he would fall, but he did really well. Tasha was wandering around the room and trying to touch noses with Tommy while he was up there, she was worried about her brother!

Then her turn came. She was obviously unhappy and anxious but she laid totally still. When it was over and I put her back down, she was so happy, just wagging and smiling and gobbling the freeze dried liver treats I brought with me.

The vet said he wished all the dogs he saw were so well behaved. They made their mommy very proud.

Tasha weighed in at 50 pounds, Tommy at 83. Both are totally fit and in great health. We got their Heartgard for the year and we are all set to go!

The bill for both of them came to $250, including Heartgard for 9 months for both of them. :)

tatsxxx11
03-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Yay, T&T!!!:D You sure did make your Mommy proud! I'm so happy to hear that you're both fit as fiddles!:D Your Mom wrote such a terrific update. I felt like I was right there with you though each terrifying moment!:eek: But you guys were SO brave! Tasha, good girl looking after your brother! I think this calls for extra treats tonight;) HUGS to you precious puppers!

Logan
03-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Yeah!! There is nothing better than a vet's visit when there is nothing wrong!!!!!!! Tommy, don't worry about being a "wimp". All of mine, including the cats, turn into jello when they get to the vet!!!! LOL!!!!

Have a great night, everyone!!!

Logan