PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Mr. Smiley

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Well, I believe it's about time for Mr. Smiley to hit the recycle bin. :( He's pretty deflated and even when it warms up in here he doesn't move anymore. He'd be flat on the floor except we have him propped against a table leg. I won't take a pic because it's just too sad. :(

But I do have these two pics and two videos from last week (just been too busy to get them posted yet). So without further ado, here are the last pics of Mr. Smiley 2004.
He just liked Peanut so much and always hung out by her house.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid108/p62ffddf514adb66b87bb95d216851a74/f94f4ad6.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid108/p4489e28fe349e7c9924e39579f6c94c5/f94f4ad5.jpg

This pic is right by the walkway that goes from the kitchen to the bedroom, so it's a busy place in the morning.

Peanut was in her house and Terry must have walked by and Mr. Smiley wafted over to knock on Peanut's door. She came out to greet him and then left - she's such a good hostess. :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2004, 09:32 PM
And here she is on the runner. She actually walked right up next to him, looked at him, then proceeded to totally ignore him and leave. I get the feeling she could really care less about him. Poor Mr. Smiley, he tried so hard!

These pics and videos were taken last week when he was still floating around the house. Like I said, he's pretty deflated now, and I think it's time.....Goodby Mr. Smiley. It's been fun. :(

Logan
03-17-2004, 09:47 PM
I think it would be worth it for you to have him reinflated, Debbie! I think you can do that with mylar balloons. :) Your kitties would be so happy!!! :D

kimlovescats
03-17-2004, 10:00 PM
I swear, I LOVE your Peanut!!!! One of these days I'm gonna give her and Tubby a big kiss in person!!!! :D

Poor Mr. Smiley ... you will be sadly missed .... ummm, I'm sure that's what Peanut's swishing tail was trying to convey as well! :rolleyes: :D

RedHedd
03-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Aww! Goodbye Mr. Smiley .... I LOVE Peanut! I can tell she has some catitude. ;) She reminds me a little bit of my Mitzi - same small-build and something about her face, paws and mannerism that's very similar. I can tell she's a real sweetheart, but on HER terms! Gotta love the gal!

K & L
03-18-2004, 07:53 AM
Even though Mr. Smiley will be put to rest, your cats always bring a smile to my face! As usual I cannot view the video:(

ramanth
03-18-2004, 07:59 AM
AWWW!! Bye Mr. Smiley. :(

The pics and videos were so cute! :D

catnapper
03-18-2004, 08:05 AM
Logan's right, you can hjave them re-inflated. I'm sure if you explain that your cat's sad at his demise, they'll refill the hellium for free:)

Tuesday was my daughter's birthday and I wanted to get a mylar balloon for her (really the cats) but the weather was so bad that I couldn't... I would have loved having Mr. Smilie's cousin bopping around here for a while.

Peanut, you are just ro cute. Look how sweetly you stand on your porch while you have a visitor.

slick
03-18-2004, 08:34 AM
AWWWWW Poor Mr. Smiley! RIP dear one and safe trip to the RB.

Pssst - I think this should go in Pet Memorial :(

catmandu
03-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Poor Mr Smiley , but now you can go to the Rainbow Bridge , and delight Kittens and Puppies for Generations to come!

Edwina's Secretary
03-18-2004, 09:01 AM
there is a season. Good bye Mr. Smiley.

gini
03-18-2004, 09:56 AM
http://www.klub-odgik.org.pl/bajerne/be_happy.swf

Wait - see this - it will cheer everyone up!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-18-2004, 10:52 AM
Awww, Gini, that is so cute! Thanks! :)

I didn't know you could reinflate them! I may just have to look into that!!! Even if they just put a little bit in otherwise he'll be stuck to the ceiling for the next 3 weeks because we took all his "weights" off. ;) :D

Of course, he wasn't that expensive, and it might just be easier to buy a new one. Oh no, am I promoting disposable smilies?! :eek: :eek:

Catnapper, you can get one no matter what the weather. If it's cold outside, they will deflate a little when you bring them out, but they will immediately re-inflate as soon as they get in the warm house again.

Thanks everybody! Redhedd, the being a sweetheart, but on HER terms is what we call being a snot. That's why she's out snotty little girl. :D And I can see how she and Mitzi would be alike. They're both torties and they're both girls - such a combination such screams attitude! :D

And Kim, yes, she stands and swishes her tail like that all the time. I call her our little puppy dog kitty cat just because of her tail swishing. :D

kimlovescats
03-18-2004, 01:43 PM
Well, I'm sure she feels that with a pretty tail like that ... it needs to be noticed!!! :D

Kirsten
03-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Oh, poor Mr. Smiley doesn't look very happy anymore! :eek:

Kirsten

Twink
03-18-2004, 04:55 PM
Ah, dear Mr. Smiley. What can we say about someone who we have known for such a short time?

He drifted into our lives, his expression of joy lifting our hearts as surely as the wonder of helium lifted him.

He peered at us over a bannister, hung out with us in a bathroom, and took up residence next to Peanut's home, thereby becoming the most cheerful next-door neighbor a cat has ever had. And all the while, his grin stretched from seam to seam.

Mr. Smiley, although your chosen Peanut may have seemed indifferent to you, we all know better. You've brightened her life to a sunny shade of canary yellow. You just can't tell because...well, cat smiles aren't that obvious. Yeah, that's it.

;)

Aw, c'mon, reinflate him. You know you want to! :D

Logan
03-18-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Twink
Ah, dear Mr. Smiley. What can we say about someone who we have known for such a short time?

He drifted into our lives, his expression of joy lifting our hearts as surely as the wonder of helium lifted him.

He peered at us over a bannister, hung out with us in a bathroom, and took up residence next to Peanut's home, thereby becoming the most cheerful next-door neighbor a cat has ever had. And all the while, his grin stretched from seam to seam.

Mr. Smiley, although your chosen Peanut may have seemed indifferent to you, we all know better. You've brightened her life to a sunny shade of canary yellow. You just can't tell because...well, cat smiles aren't that obvious. Yeah, that's it.

;) Aw, c'mon, reinflate him. You know you want to! :D
LOL!!!!!! I love your response!!!!!! Come on, Debbie, you at least have to try to reinflate him. It wouldn't be the same with a new Mr. Smiley! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Twink, your response is so cute! :D And not to worry, today was garbage day and Smiley is still in the living room insted of in the recycle bin. ;) I'm planning on stopping at Walgreens tomorrow to ask about re-inflating. That's where I got him so I'm hoping they'll accomodate the reinflation. Maybe if I appeal to their sense of guilt - how can they not help me to rescue him from such a fate as the recycle bin? He's so deserving of a second chance.

You never know though, they may turn the guilt trip around on me and tell me how many homeless smilies there are who would just love to come home with me.....

Oooohhh, such decisions to be made. I think Peanut would like it, though, if Smiley was around for awhile yet. She may ignore him on the surface, but I think deep down she really likes him. Just like Tubby - she hates it when he pesters her, but she'd be lost without him. ;) :D

Ok, you guys, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. :D

slick
03-18-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm soooo happy you've decided to keep Mr. Smiley. Remember, just because there are wrinkles on the surface, doesn't mean.........oooops wrong saying.:D :D

Mr. Smiley soon you will be back to your inflated self watching over the Hansen household with your Princess Peanut at your side. I'm soooo happy - YIPEEEE!!!