PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Prayers for Boots...

Tonya
03-17-2004, 06:21 PM
My grandmother's border collie, Boots has been missing for about a week. My grandpa is in the hospital and we've pretty much accepted that his time is coming. I can't imagine my grandmother losing both him and Boots. She really needs Boots to get her through this. Please pray for Boot's safe return. Thank you.

tatsxxx11
03-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Oh Tonya:( I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa and Boots:( Your grandmother must be beside herself:( Have you called the local shelters/vets? Posted flyers? Did Boots have on a collar and tags? I will certainly keep both your Grandpa and Grandma and Boots in my prayers. Hopefully Boots will find his way home soon. {{{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Tonya
03-17-2004, 06:59 PM
Well, the part about my grandfather is sort of ok. He's been ill for a few years now, and we're all mentally prepared for what it going to happen.

But if my grandmother loses my grandpa AND has to come home to an empty house, things will be horrible. Boots did have a tag on. My grandmother does have one lead. Someone called from a store near by and said that a dog matching Boot's description was outside the store looking hungry. By the time my grandmother had come, a van had picked up Boots and left. So, someone has her. I'm hoping once that person reads the newspaper and sees the reward, they'll call.

Boots is really cool. I've told this story before, but it's funny. Boots grew up in Canada on a ranch in the middle of no where. The only vehicle she'd ever seen was horses and my grandpa's truck. Well, when they moved down here, my grandmother and I were in the turning lane on a busy road, so cars were whizzing by us on each side. Boots went nuts, she was spinning circles so fast. It was like she just couldn't believe these fast things were all over the place. You had to be there to see it, I guess. lol.

carole
03-17-2004, 07:32 PM
I sure hope the power of PT works another miracle again Tonya, and Boots comes home safe and sound, lots of postive vibes coming your way, and heres wishing a happy ending, and Boots walks in the door very soon.

sabies
03-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Hope you find Boots!

Sudilar
03-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Hope Boots returns home safe and sound.

bluekat
03-18-2004, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry to hear that:(
Hope the person returns Boots soon:)

ramanth
03-18-2004, 10:15 AM
How very sad! I'm sorry your Grandpa is ill and I hope Boots finds his way home soon.
:(

tatsxxx11
03-18-2004, 03:51 PM
How's your Grandpa doing? Any updates on Boots?:confused: Still hoping for the best.

dukedogsmom
03-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa and Boots. I hope that Boots is found soon. I know it must be rough on your Grandma.

slick
03-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Praying for Boots safe return.

Even though you are prepared for the "end" you are not really prepared for how it's going to feel. I went through this with my Dad. He wasn't sick, just old. In his last two years he was hospitalized 5 times and I kept mentally preparing myself. Well, when the day arrived I was not prepared for the depth of pain I felt.

Pet Talk prayers really do work. Keep the hope alive.

Tonya
03-18-2004, 06:40 PM
Thank you for your thoughts. Still no Boots. :(

My grandfather has had trouble with lungs and heart for a few years. He hasn't made it more then a few weeks out of the hospital for about 5 years now. Now, his liver and kidneys are failing too.

My grandmother is a very strong woman. She's putting her faith in God and she's holding up well.

This Mother's day is the 25th anniversary of my father (her son) dying. I hope that all these factors don't cause her to break down.