PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe too feed your horse a cheeseburger?

isis
03-17-2004, 03:26 PM
My friend rides her horse down to this place to eat lunch and her horse begs for her food. So she gets him a cheese burger. Is it safe for him? I know that horses don't eat meat so thats why I posted this. She bought him sick, and I would hate for him to get sick again.

Are cheese burgers safe?:confused:

Sweet Sixy
03-17-2004, 03:47 PM
She feeds her horse cheeseburgers!?!:eek: I gave my horse some strange things, but never cheeseburgers. Cheese is not supposed to be good for horses...and neither is meat. If it was just the bun I'm sure it'd be ok LOL . I really don't know about that though, sounds strange to me.

Desert Arabian
03-17-2004, 04:37 PM
A small piece should be ok, I would advise her not to do it a lot or give the horse a large amount.

She should really be giving the horse another treat source instead of the food she is eating. Peppermints, apples, carrots, horse cookies, etc- inexpensive yet healthy safe treats. She could keep them in her pocket or near the stall so she can get them easily when he wants food....

isis
03-17-2004, 05:11 PM
Thats what I was thinking, YellowLabLover. And plus her horse begs for it so she's making it a habbit for her horse. I mean sure it's none of my buisness what she feeds her horse, but I don't want him to get sick. We used to be really good friends until she got a horse, and now whenever I try to tell her something about horse health or anything about horses, she calls me a know it all. I'm not trying to be meen to her, but she needs to know about these things. She didn't even know what Colic was!

Sweet Sixy, Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.:)