PDA

View Full Version : Shamrocks And Green Wine Margaritas....thursday #46

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Happy St. Pat's day....

the drink of the day is a Green Wine Margarita...
(the recipe is in the "Favorite Meal" thread)

I'll stir up a batch and get ready to clean out the L&F..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

micki76

Did Thursdays move?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by micki76
Did Thursdays move?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lolol, no, we start early for the Aussies...

It's already Thursday on that side in the International Date line so we open a day early for them....But everyone is welcome...

I'll take one today as it is my 25th wedding anniaversey.
I can't beleive how time has gone by. seems like just yesterday we were planning it.
Happy St.Patricks day to all.

-----------------------------------------------

Oops!!

Thank you Micki!

Sorry folks I started the thread in the wrong place.....

I was too happy.....

:rolleyes:

Corinna
03-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Thursdays do that to me too. or may be you were chasing leprcons today.

slick
03-17-2004, 02:00 PM
OK, this thread has got me confooozled already.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm dying to try that DOTD. It sounds very refreshing. What can I do to help out???

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by slick

I'm dying to try that DOTD. It sounds very refreshing. What can I do to help out???

Wedge the door open and help me take these boxes out back..

Check it out...old baseball cards....

lbaker
03-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Didn't we have some green drink a month or so ago? Or was it a purple drink? Whatever it was (I think it was that trouble-maker Gini that started it) I double-dog-dare anyone to try to get me to drink some icky colored drink ;) I will bake up a loaf of Irish Soda Bread but that's as far "Irish" as I'll go, my German ancestors would spin if I broke out into a jig or anything ;) Dry white wine or a bloody or something sane please... nevermind, I'll jump behind the bar myself while those "green thingys" are taking up your time Mr Bartender :D HEY! looky here!! Someone dropped a 1954 Don Larsen :eek: I have dibbies :D :D

Miss Meow
03-17-2004, 02:11 PM
I'm confused about the first post in this thread, so I'd better have a Green Margarita, pull up a chair and give Mario a scritchie.

Oh, BTW, my new title is Nicole the Immature, according to my altercation with the Great Witch of the North yesterday. Please feel free to correct me if I am not being mature about anything :D (does that mean I don't get an umbrella in my drink?)

lbaker
03-17-2004, 02:15 PM
This good witch of the West (of you that is) says "fiddle-dee-dee" on Northern Witches when you have the power of FORCE OF THE THURSDAYS behind you :cool:

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
HEY! looky here!! Someone dropped a 1954 Don Larsen :eek: I have dibbies :D :D

lmao,
name dropper!!

MM,

Maturity is the measure of the amount of fabric you have 'tween thy cheeks......Sometimes you have to wear baggy underwear.....or none at all!!!

:eek:

Relax, you are amongst friends.

I started the thread in the 'general' section...
Micki asked if we had moved....

I'll put in two umbrellas if you promise not to poke your eye out!

DONE!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Oooh, what a week this is going to be. We've got Richard and Slick already confooozzled...because Richard's happy??? Does that not happen very often??? :confused:

And we've got green thingys, irish soda bread (yum, I'll have some of that when it's ready Laurie), Miss Meow changing her name, wicked witches, good witches, old baseball cards that Laurie has dibbies on, and Forces !!! Ooohhh...I think I like the Forces the best.

I'll take a DOTD, then I have to go find the recipe thread to see what in the sam h I'm drinking!

Mario, I think you might be the sanest one here so far.

Oops, sorry Richard, that was my foot, didn't mean to stick it out as you were walking by, want some help picking up all those mummble mummble, potentially valuable, mummble mummble baseball cards? ;)

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Oops, sorry Richard, that was my foot, didn't mean to stick it out as you were walking by, want some help picking up all those mummble mummble, potentially valuable, mummble mummble baseball cards? ;)

Sure, why not........

Should we try to do our own version of "Antiques Roadshow"?????

robinh
03-17-2004, 02:32 PM
Give me lots and lots of the DOTD. I'm having a crappy first day back after vacation. Everyone wants something and they all want it now!

Can I run away now? I want to work with dogs - they are more understanding than people.

lbaker
03-17-2004, 02:38 PM
Who are you calling an antique Richard?? Are you casting asperagus upon me?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Ok, for those who haven't seen it before (like me), here's a Green Wine Margarita:
-------------
Description: This margarita hails from Leon Valley, Texas. It captures the concessionary blends of Texas and New Mexico. The ingredients are simple: lime concentrate and wine. A non-alcoholic blend was attempted; however, wine was needed to render an authentic-looking frozen refreshment with spoonable consistency.
Ingredients:

One 12-ounce can of frozen lime concentrate
One bottle of Chardonnay wine (minimum of 36-ounces required)
(Makes six eight-ounce servings)
Instructions: Allow lime concentrate to thaw overnight in refrigerator. Strain off pulp and mix three parts wine to one part lime concentrate. Cap and shake container. Pour mixture into clear plastic cups, cover, and place on top shelf of refrigerator freezer compartment until frozen. Retrieve from freezer, remove covers, and provide plastic spoons with servings. (Refrigerate any unused mixture for freezing future servings.)
--------------

Sounds yummy and much much better than green beer. I could never bring myself to drink that. :p

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by robinh

Can I run away now? I want to work with dogs - they are more understanding than people.

Just don't try to brush their teeth....the people not the dogs.....

DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!!

Laurie,

Talking about the stuff in the L&F.....

Women don't antique, they mature.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Women don't antique, they mature.

All except for Miss Meow as it appears.....;) :D

catland
03-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Now I'm confuzzled too. Wow - everyone looks so festive wearing the green.

Barkeep - how 'bout a Guiness for me.:D

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 03:25 PM
All except for Miss Meow as it appears.....;) :D

Quips from the 'Peanut' gallery, designed to get me in trouble.....

SHE said it, I didn't..:eek:

Catland,

Stout proof of falling bubbles
------------------------------------

Scientists have shown that the bubbles in a pint of Guinness really do move down instead of up.

To mark St Patrick's Day, a team of Scottish and US researchers has produced video evidence to show the bubbles being dragged to the bottom of the glass.

An earlier study concluded that the phenomenon may only have been an optical illusion.

Close examination reveals that as the pint settles, bubbles touching the walls of the glass experience drag that prevents them floating up.

Bubbles in the centre of the glass, however, are free to rise. A circular flow is created, causing bubbles at the the edge to be pushed downwards on the inside surface of the glass.

Eventually more and more bubbles find their way to the head of the beer until the cycle loses momentum.

The effect occurs in any liquid, say the scientists, but the contrast between the dark stout and its creamy bubbles makes it easier to spot in Guinness.

The relatively small nitrogen bubbles in Guinness are also more easily pushed around and less able to dissolve than the carbon dioxide bubbles in soft drinks.

The Scottish scientists worked in collaboration with colleagues led by Professor Dick Zare at the University of Stanford in California.

They are the first to successfully capture the tiny, elusive bubbles on film, using a high-speed digital camera with a zoom lens in a chemistry laboratory.

As well as settling pub debates, the video could help improve scientists' understanding of fluid dynamics in a wide range of areas, including industry, medicine and oceanography.
----------------------------------------

DONE!!!!
:D

Corinna
03-17-2004, 03:31 PM
Richard the ever flowing fountian of usless in formation(kidding ) i love knowing strange facts.
I'll take another one of the green drinks. My daughter is cooking our dinner Spegetti :( (I know I taught her to cook) the boy does better!!!!

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Richard the ever flowing fountian of usless in formation(kidding ) i love knowing strange facts.
I'll take another one of the green drinks. My daughter is cooking our dinner Spegetti :( (I know I taught her to cook) the boy does better!!!!

Of course it's useless information...I'm done with the glass before I even notice the direction......

DONE!

Miss Meow
03-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Ahhh, the evolution of the bubbles in a pint of Guinness is one of life's little miracles {I need an ahhhhhh smilie!} If Guinness is a bit black and strong for you, a pint of Caffreys will put a smile on your dial :)

T&P's Mom: you're just jealous 'coz I got TWO umbrellas. Ner ner ner ner ner! :p I'm loving this maturity thing!

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Green Margarita's huh? Sure, why not :) I can always switch to the green beer later :)

So it's baseball card huh? I may have a few of those around...but more football....anyone interested in a Jerry Rice rookie?

And what about Basketball...it's March Madness baby!!! Even though they always loose too early in the tourny, go Bearcats!!!

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

So it's baseball card huh? I may have a few of those around...but more football....anyone interested in a Jerry Rice rookie?

And what about Basketball...it's March Madness baby!!! Even though they always loose too early in the tourny, go Bearcats!!!

before I give you your drink....

Give me a "BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHEEEEEEEEBBBBBEEEEEEEE"
like Dickie V would........

http://www.abcs.com/townsend/Vitale.htm

lolololololololol....

DONE!

Did you say Jerry Rice?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
T&P's Mom: you're just jealous 'coz I got TWO umbrellas. Ner ner ner ner ner! :p I'm loving this maturity thing!

<pout> All I wanted was one of them. <pout>

Mario, I know my bottom lip is dragging on the floor, but would you mind not stepping on it please? :rolleyes: ;) :D

I'll have another DOTD please, with just one teeny tiny little umbrella? Pretty please with sugar on top....or else I'm gonna tell my mom on you! :D

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 04:26 PM
<pout> All I wanted was one of them. <pout>

Mario, I know my bottom lip is dragging on the floor, but would you mind not stepping on it please? :rolleyes: ;) :D

I'll have another DOTD please, with just one teeny tiny little umbrella? Pretty please with sugar on top....or else I'm gonna tell my mom on you! :D

DONE,

With two umbrellas........:)

WAAAAH.....

the link won't work.
Cut and past....It's a funny....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2004, 05:03 PM
the link won't work.
Cut and past....It's a funny....

Yippieee TWO umbrellas!! Slurrrp - ouch!! Dang it, poked myself in the eye with the durn things. :rolleyes: :p

And one question, who's Dick Vitale? <smacks gum, twirls blonde hair>

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 05:11 PM

And one question, who's Dick Vitale? <smacks gum, twirls blonde hair>

Dick Vitale or Dickie V is a former coach, current announcer on the college basketball games...

He is known for his exclamations during a game....

As in,

"It's serendipity, BBBBAAAAAAAAHHHEEEEEEEBEEEEEEE!"

After the first 3 games he's funny, He's monotonous after that -until the Finals..............You want to pierce your eardrums with a pencil........He gets funny, again, around November....

Corinna
03-17-2004, 05:42 PM
I think at this point I'm not EVEN going to ask Richard, the point behind his tag line this week. It could be a scarry answer.
I want one big golf umbrella !!!!!!

lbaker
03-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Now I'm confuzzeled, tried to respond and "they" said I'm a new person? whaaat? I'm not registered? But I re-signed and maybe I am here, maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm a "newbie" :rolleyes: ohhhh Mario.. where are you dear? Do you know who I am? This disguise must be working too well :confused: Gini? Slick? Cat? Am I for real or am I in Miami? :rolleyes:

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 06:04 PM
I think at this point I'm not EVEN going to ask Richard, the point behind his tag line this week. It could be a scarry answer.
I want one big golf umbrella !!!!!!

Don't be skeerd! ask away!
Better yet....

the first is about the Spain bombings.....most of the planet is inhabited by resonable people, the AH's get the press....

the "kitty cat" line is just one that I heard and it made me laugh

Toby Keith
Pull My Chain

Got me on a short leash, tied to your screen door
I used to run with the big dogs 'til I stretched out on your front porch
Used to be a hound dog, chased a lot of fast cars
Now I don't even bark when the kitty cat strolls through the back yard

They say that an old dog, can't learn a new trick
Well she taught me to stay the first day and I learned real quick
There's a doghouse, a fence and a gate latch
I keep my tail waggin' and I don't mind beggin for a good scratch

I used to howl at the moon, yeah I've been known to roam
Then I met this girl one day that brought this old stray home
I ain't the same, she knows how to pull my chain

--------------------

Notice.....
Laurie doesn't ask me geographic questions....

slick
03-17-2004, 06:07 PM
OMG what's happening here???? I go away for a few hours and come back to more kids.... :rolleyes:

Let's see now, we've got people fighting over baseball cards, we've got others that are confooozled, we've got Debbie playing with her two umbrellas and Laurie who doesn't know if she's real or not (or maybe invisible??).

Ok, everyone just calm down. Debbie, put down those umbrellas otherwise you really will poke your eye out.

Laurie, here's Mario for you.....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/pf87d8eb7d6c666b9d8db0504be8ece91/f951db7e.jpg
(don't know why the link isn't working.....)

MM: stop blowing bubbles in your drink. They'll end up you nose if you're not careful.

Robin: I can relate. I go back to work Monday after two weeks off.

Now who's going to help me prop up Richard??? Who made his last drink???

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 06:19 PM
Who made his last drink???

WHAT?

Dickie V-for T&P!!

http://www.geocities.com/agraphs/vitale.html

And Cincy's Mom....

Thank you very much......I have been running around the office yelling.....

"it's serendipity, bbbaaaaaahheeeeeeebbbbeeeeeee!"

Simply lovely!

lbaker
03-17-2004, 06:23 PM
Again with the drinks out the nose :o am I ever gonna live this down? GREEN DAY huh? OK, tomorrow (it's getting late here) I'm gonna fast flash some new spring asperagus and roll it in a bit of olive oil and quick grill it :) Thank you for not showing the whole picture Slick :o Uh Oh, I hear Mario? Is it real or is it Memorex? Oh a clone?? :confused:

slick
03-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Thank you for not showing the whole picture Slick :o
Don't think I wasn't tempted, but I gave you my word. :D :D

May I have a DOTD please??? It's rainy, cold, and windy here so I think I snuggle by the fire. Don't forget, Survivor is on tonight instead of Thursday.

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Don't think I wasn't tempted, but I gave you my word. :D :D

May I have a DOTD please??? It's rainy, cold, and windy here so I think I snuggle by the fire. Don't forget, Survivor is on tonight instead of Thursday.

DONE!!!:)

KYS
03-17-2004, 06:58 PM
I'll take what every you make, as long
as it is sweet.

I made shure I wore green today. :D

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by KYS
I'll take what every you make, as long
as it is sweet.

I made shure I wore green today. :D

DONE!:)

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2004, 08:06 PM

And Cincy's Mom....

Thank you very much......I have been running around the office yelling.....

"it's serendipity, bbbaaaaaahheeeeeeebbbbeeeeeee!"

Simply lovely!

Your welcome, bbbbaaaaaahhhhheeeebbbbbeeee!! It's march madness...you have to run around quoting Dickie V!!

And yes, I said Jerry Rice :)

Miss Meow
03-17-2004, 08:14 PM
I just had the best lunch! A couple of "new" Seasprite helicopters landed on the parade ground, and Shane took me over to see them because he used to work with the crew.

http://www.navy.gov.au/gallery/aircraft/thumbnails/ssp2.jpg

I say "new" because they have very few miles on the clock, but are made from 16-year-old frames bought from somewhere in the desert. No budget cuts in this Navy! ;)

I didn't get on board because they haven't been fitted with sick bags yet ;)

Another DOTD please :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2004, 08:39 PM
Dick Vitale or Dickie V is a former coach, current announcer on the college basketball games...

Ah, that explains why I don't recognize the name. College basketball - not high on my priority list. However....we watch a lot of public TV and the other night they had girls basketball on - High School girls basketball! :eek: I guess it was the playoffs for "State." We watched it, but no Dickie V that I could tell. ;)

I'll have another DOTD please.:)

slick
03-17-2004, 08:43 PM
**waves**

Hi Debbie!!!!!! How are you????

I don't see Richard around so I guess I'll sneak behind the bar and see if I can rustle up a pitcher or two. You guys sit by the fire and I'll bring the drinks over.

Anyone seen Gini or Johanna or Julie??

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 08:52 PM
We watched it, but no Dickie V that I could tell. ;)

I'll have another DOTD please.:)

DONE! BBBBAAAAAAAHHHHEEEEEEEEBBBBBBEEEEEEE!

lol, i can wait for your priorities to straighten out.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Anyone seen Gini or Johanna or Julie??

***Waves Back***

Hi Slick :D Good to see you're stirring up trouble again...as long as you keep stirring up my drink I've got no problem with that. ;)

I put some microwave popcorn in so can you grab that on your way back too, please? It sure is cosy here by the fire. It's been pretty nasty weather wise the last few days so it feels good to snuggle up here.

Ouch! Oops, sat on one of those durn umbrellas - whose idea were those anyway? ;)

I thought Gini was invisible, or in Miami or not herself or....I'm not really sure and I don't think she was too sure either, which indicates to me she needs another drink! :eek:

And what happened to Richard? He fell down? Was that because he was happy and all confooozled? This whole Thursday is a big confoozling, but I believe another drink will take care of that. ;) :D

slick
03-17-2004, 09:02 PM
***Waves Back***

Hi Slick :D Good to see you're stirring up trouble again...as long as you keep stirring up my drink I've got no problem with that. ;)

:D Everyone loves a comedienne :D I've just got to get to Chicago one day.....
Here's the popcorn and the drinks. Hope it's OK.

The weather here is really nasty too. We've had rain for a couple of days and tomorrow I'm told it's the storm of the century with high winds and thrashing rain and I'm staying in for the day.

I agree that this thread is quite confoozled to me because I don't follow sports and can't quite get the jist of all this Dickie V stuff.

Oh well, I'm going sit down beside you and keep you company for a time. I've just fed the kids and now Speckles wants a second helping :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Yeah, pull up a spot here on the couch next to me. I'll scoot over a bit, but I don't want to disturb Mario. He's sleeping so peacefully. Speaking of Mario, anybody seen Willie today?

Terry just got back from being on the road for two days. His snotty little girl (Peanut) misses him so bad when he's gone. She was sitting here by me under her heat lamp, but not even two seconds after he sat down his chair she jumped down and went running over to him. Now she has been happily sitting in his lap for about the last 15 minutes or so.

Tubby's asleep in his bed at the other end of the couch, so not much going on over here.

So, how's it feel to have a full two weeks off? I can't imagine. It's going to be sooo hard for you to go back to work on Monday - at least it would be for me.

Thanks for the drink, here have some popcorn, it's yummy! Orville pops up some pretty mean popcorn. I'll put another log on the fire. Sure is good that Richard cut all this a few weeks back so we wouldn't run out.

Is he maybe lost in the L & F? :eek:

slick
03-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Sorry I took so long to respond. It's dinner time here now; well it's just before 8pm and that's my dinnertime.

Please give Peanuttie and Tubbeee kisses from me. I really want to get to Chicago. Hmmmmm, 2004 - California, 2005 - Chicago. How does that sound. Don't mean to be "forward" but I'm dying to meet your purrbabies. Maybe next year I can plan a trip back East to meet Nakita, then fly down to see you.

**slaps face** Dream on girl.

Yes, I thank you Richard for cutting up all this wood. I'm not really a fan of popcorn but this is good. Thanks for bringing it Debbie.

As far as work is concerned, I've been monitoring my email from home this whole time and I admit I have been "working" a bit while on holiday. Why???? Just because I can. Monday is not going to be nice at all, that's why I've got to get all the Pet Talk I can now.

God help me, I'm soooo addicted.

Another round??

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2004, 09:50 PM

Another round??

I'm in :)

slick
03-17-2004, 09:53 PM
I'm in :)
AMY!!!!!! Good to see you. Grab a seat and name your poison but make it fast because Survivor is coming on in about 1 minute.

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Loved the first DOTD, but I think one margarita is my limit...better switch to beer :)

slick
03-17-2004, 09:56 PM
Loved the first DOTD, but I think one margarita is my limit...better switch to beer :)
Beer, DONE!

Note: didn't ask you if you wanted a Nikked Beer!!!

Corinna
03-17-2004, 10:12 PM
well we are back and survived dinner.
Richard I ment the Not for personal use. I have to go for a while hubby needs the computer for a while.

Logan
03-17-2004, 10:25 PM
It's 32 minutes until Thursday. Can I start now? I would like a DOTD, Richard. Sounds really good! :)

slick
03-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Logan
It's 32 minutes until Thursday. Can I start now? I would like a DOTD, Richard. Sounds really good! :)
Richard is not here tonight...hope you don't mind if I'm barperson for the night.

DOTD DONE!!!

RICHARD
03-18-2004, 01:09 AM
lol,

i am here....i just pop in now and then..........

you guys are the bestest!

it is kinda quiet when Mario is out and about......

Dick Vitale has the same haircut my dad did....see what I have to look forward to???

See you all in the morning.......

P.S.
Thanks for remembering about the wood.....That is hard work...
I appreciate the mention!

dukedogsmom
03-18-2004, 06:19 AM
Happy Thursday everyone! I missed out on the festivities yesterday. I've got green nails in celebration of St. Patricks Day. Never had green wine before. Sounds interesting........

slick
03-18-2004, 08:28 AM
Good morning DDD. Those Wine Margaritas are really good, but it's a little too early for me to embibe.

Richard: sorry, did not know you lurked from home. I'll stay in my corner from now on.

I think Laurie will be checking in soon so I'd better put on a pot of coffee.

gini
03-18-2004, 09:30 AM
I tried to get into Thursdays last night and there was a line all of the way around the block.

I went to the head of the line and said "hey, let me in, I am a regular!!" I got yelled at - "yeah, lady, they all say that - get to the back of the line!!" I had brought some friends with me so it was kinda embarrassing.

Then we tried to barge into my neighbors who were preparing corned beef and cabbage - well, I didn't exactly try, but my friends were sure we were going to be welcome. I kept saying "I don't think so"...........

I was right - my neighbor actually brought me a bottle of wine later in gratitude.......(Richard, Laurie, you met them).

So I ended up in a place so NON IRISH and drank Sangria.

So here it is - really THURSDAY - and this place is just a mess.
Look at all of the popcorn on the floor and what is Dick Vitale
doing under the pool table?

Looks like I missed a really good St. Pattie's Day again.

Where did Mario go?

A BM could really start my day off just right..............

Richard, why are you acting so wierd?

slick
03-18-2004, 10:01 AM
Good morning Gini!! Actually last night was quite mild as far as partees go. Sorry about the popcorn. Debbie and I got a craving. I'll sweep it up.

I did not know you were waiting outside. Why didn't you get the bouncer to call me?? Or you could have done LA thing and slipped him a 20.....:D

Corinna
03-18-2004, 10:08 AM
Good morning all well we had a good time at my daughters for our 25th anna. She had started making a memory book getting piturres of her dad I didn't even have from his mom. Bens friend jess ( the youth challange buddy) (my semi adopted son) came along we had some good giggles and told a few stories on our selves so even my kids didn't know. Clarissa was tring to write them dowmn to add to the book.
This place looks like every one had a good time. get it tidy for the next round today.
Gini sorry you were turned out yesterday , I have no idea we had a door guy must have been slicks haz mat guy. he gets a little werid when we let him out of the L&F.

slick
03-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Good morning Corinna. Help yourself to the coffee; I'll put on another fresh pot then go and bring in some wood from outside.

Corinna
03-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Boy am I going to miss thursday in 2 weeks .I have to start work again. We will be opening up in about a month, but all the set up and restocking from storage of last year is going to take a while.
I'll have lots to read in the evenings I'm sure.
Where did Mario go last night? Thanks for the coffee, Slick.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-18-2004, 11:18 AM
<snork, slurp, phblt, smack> Waaa...is it morning already? <rubs eyes> Gee Slick, that fire must have been so cozy last night that I just fell asleep right here on the couch! Ooh, got a horrible crick in my neck now - I hate that when that happens, but my headache is gone! Hope I didn't drool on these nice crocheted pillows or anything..... I guess I just had too many of those green thingys. Wow, who threw the popcorn all over the floor....and where's Mario at?

I'll have a VM (Virgin Mary) to start the day off. Anybody know where the broom is? I really gotta clean up all this popcorn....

slick
03-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Sit and relax Debbie. I got it covered. The floor is swept and the bathrooms cleaned. When Richard arrives I'll get him to fix you up with drink.

Hee Hee, when I woke up at 3 am you were snoring up a storm so I covered you up and went home. The fire sure does take away the blues.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-18-2004, 11:34 AM
Hee Hee, when I woke up at 3 am you were snoring

What!!! :eek: That must have been Mario you heard, or maybe T & P followed me here, they both snore up a storm, but not me! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Richard, if you're not here in 5 minutes I'm making my own drink!

Oh, and Slick, my best friend lives near Seattle. We don't talk much anymore because just as she's settling in for the evening like you (around 8:00 pm), it's bedtime for me (10:00 pm). If I want to call her, I wait until about 7:30 my time and catch her at dinner, but then we'll talk for hours - sometimes until 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning my time! That's only 11:00 or midnight her time, so she has no problem getting up for work the next day. But me, I'm getting too old to be staying up that late. She's not big on the internet so we don't even email each other. So I really talk to her about once or twice a year because of the 2 hour time difference. She really needs to move back closer to home. ;) :)

Oh, and I know it would really be pushing your budget, but 2004 would be a great year to visit Chicago too. Barbara (from Germany) is coming to town in the beginning of June and Sara (Edwina's Secretary) is having a garden party for her. Just think, you'd get to meet an international Pet Talker! ;) But 2005 works too, just let me know when! :D

gini
03-18-2004, 11:45 AM
'scuse me...........but flights from Chicago to LA aren't that bad if you search.

How about Debbie joining us in July? Huh??? Huh???? Come on, you know you want to:D

We all would love it.

Corinna
03-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Hey I have that freind problem too. Mine lives north of seattle . Her work scheduale and mine (when working) never seen to match. Plus she has 5 teen daughters to manage. She only checks e-mail once a week. (how to people do that!) I check mine 3 times a day.
I'll bet it was Mario snoring last night.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Goodness! Here I am 5 pages behind everyone! Are you all full of green beer from yesterday?

Spring is here! I'd live a cherry slushy thingy and some hot onion rings when the bar keep shows up.

Before entering the l&f, everyone notify someone you are going. We want to send search parties if needed.:eek: :D

catland
03-18-2004, 12:31 PM
sorry I've been so out of touch - you know how it goes, the company "restructures", I take on other responsibilities and lo and behold - we actually get BUSY for the first time in months. So now I'm trying to do the new stuff while the old stuff is falling behind -

but my day definately goes faster.

Richard or Vicky - its kind or rainy and cold here today - got an Irish Coffee?

slick
03-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by catland
Richard or Vicky - its kind or rainy and cold here today - got an Irish Coffee?
Hi Catland: I don't see Richard yet so I guess I'll give it my best shot. Let's see, here's the bartender's guide...Irish Coffee.....C, D, F, oh here we go under the I's Irish Coffee.

1 cup (8-ounces) heavy cream
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
6 cups strong, hot black coffee
3/4 cup Irish whiskey
Using an electric mixer, beat the cream with 1 tablespoon of sugar until soft peaks form. Set aside.
Combine remaining sugar, coffee and whiskey.
Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream. Serve immediately.

Sounds easy enough. I'll give it a whirl.

**waves** Hi MOFF: one Cherry Slushy Thingy coming up. Let me get this Irish Coffee out of the way then I'll start on the onion rings.

gini
03-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Is Richard Irish???

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by gini
'scuse me...........but flights from Chicago to LA aren't that bad if you search.
How about Debbie joining us in July? Huh??? Huh???? Come on, you know you want to:D
We all would love it.

I know, I know! We're flying to LAX in early May and our tickets only cost $221.71 each!!! That's less than $500.00 for the both of us! From LAX we're headed to Palm Desert for a motorhome rally. Gini, if you're not doing anything the weekend of May 8th & 9th, come on down! We (obviously) won't have out motorhome there, but there will be about 200-300 of them along with lots of new ones for you to go through and ooh and aaah over. ;) :D

I would LOVE to join you guys in July, but since we're headed there in May, and I've used up all my vacation already, chances are slim to none that it'll really happen. Although I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Even if I flew in Saturday morning and flew back home Sunday night....

So where's Richard? He must be Irish because I think they're all laying low and nursing big heads today. ;) :p

I've had my VM, now I'm ready for another one of those green thingys. Slick, can you make one of those? Or should I just make it easy on you and have a beer?

Anyone want to join me in putting the haz-mat gear on and looking for Richard in the L&F?

slick
03-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Debbie: one Wine Margarita, DONE!

Sorry I took so long with the onion rings, but here they are. I was in the mood for some potato pancakes so I whipped up a batch - some with ham and some without. Help yourselves. Sour cream, shredded cheese and chopped onion on the bar. Oops, forgot the Salsa. Be right back.

I already looked in the L&F for Richard but he's AWOL. I sure hope he's not having another workday from H***.

RedHedd
03-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Richard, why are you acting so wierd?
Richard, Wierd? NEVER!

catland
03-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Thank-you so much Slick - the Irish coffee is great - I can tell you used fresh ground beans. I love the onion rings too - just last night I thought that onion rings sounded tasty until I looked at the amount of calories and fat in them and decided to pass them up.

these virtual onion rings are just the right replacement.

Miss Meow
03-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Jesus Christ, what a mess! :D

Did someone sell the brooms at the L&F sale? ;)

I think we should ring the fire brigade and maybe they can hose the place down before Richard gets back!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-18-2004, 02:05 PM
slick, these onion rings are de-lish!! You know your way around an onion all right.

Where's Mario today? He's being awfully quiet. He's not lost in the lost and found is he?

Maybe he and Richard are lost in there together?:eek: :D

dukedogsmom
03-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Those potato pancakes are great, too! Never had them with ham and cheese before. We just but onion slices in ours. Then you add lots of ketchup. So, nice to try something new. Shall I send out the bloodhound for Richard?

slick
03-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Jesus Christ, what a mess! :D
:D :D LOL He had nothing to do with it. I cleaned up as best as I could. :eek:

Food for thought - can you put Vegemite on potato pancakes???

Corinna
03-18-2004, 02:22 PM
I have my 35 gallion shop vac in the car any one want to use it? I'm doing all the laundry (bar towels and whos undies are theres) holds up a pair if thongs with gold trim.

slick
03-18-2004, 02:25 PM
whos undies are theres) holds up a pair if thongs with gold trim.
OMG put those down quick!! I saw Mario wearing those last night :eek: :eek:

Corinna
03-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Gosh what did happen here mario in a thong. Willie where are you Mario has gotten out of control.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-18-2004, 02:43 PM
OMG put those down quick!! I saw Mario wearing those last night :eek: :eek:
:eek: :eek:

I think we should ring the fire brigade and maybe they can hose the place down before Richard gets back!
As my father used to say "Get this shack cleaned up before your mother gets home!"

Really! And of course, we always thought "the shack" was clean....:rolleyes: :D

Mmmm.....onion rings. Mmmm......potato pancakes. Gee you guys really know how to live! :D

Thanks for the greeny, Slick. I'll have another. Looks like I'm headed for another passing out on the couch night. :rolleyes: But that's ok, it's been awhile and I deserve it!

slick
03-18-2004, 02:57 PM
[BThanks for the greeny, Slick. I'll have another. Looks like I'm headed for another passing out on the couch night. :rolleyes: But that's ok, it's been awhile and I deserve it! [/B]
DONE!

Don't forget the pillows :D

Logan
03-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Whew! You guys are busy and "out of hand"!!!! :D I'm off to cheer for my little girl in her softball game. She's pitching today. Drink one for us, please, with a little toast for Helen's good luck!!! :)

slick
03-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Good luck Helen. My niece Stepanie played on a softball team until she was 18 and she was an awsome pitcher too!!

RICHARD
03-18-2004, 04:16 PM
hi guys...

I am sick...I think I am getting the creeping crapolas...I've had a headache for two days, my sinuses are throbbing and I am getting a sore throat....

But still I don't have the problems that Mr. Al Zawibi Krazy Wabbit
is having........"Come on everyone fight to the death, I'll surrender after you all are gone....." Moron.........

It's Thursday BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEE,

I reserve the right to be sick, wierd and Irish......

I am going to make some more WMD's ...

Wine Margaritas - Delicious!!!!! just think if we just had to worry about alcohol poisoning....what a great place this world would be!!!!:rolleyes:

Done!!

I'll be back later, more aspirin, fluids and sleep!

dukedogsmom
03-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Feel better soon, Richard. I may see if I can find a real wine Margarita. I'll bet they are good! Anyone like Italian Sangria? I get that when I go to Olive Garden sometimes.

slick
03-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Sounds brutal Richard!!! Keep those germs away from me. Here's a box of "man-size" kleenex. I always say "drugs helps" so here's a bottle Tylenol with Codeine. Two of those should knock you out for a while.

Take care and I'll be back with a HBR for you.

Cincy'sMom
03-18-2004, 05:06 PM
You're not sick, Richard....you just want to stay home and watch Basketball!!!

Feel better soon :)

Corinna
03-18-2004, 05:21 PM
get well soon richard. heres a nice big pot of chicken soup.

gini
03-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Richard needs a nice big dose of Nyquil and peace and quiet.

Let's move his bed out of the Lost and Found though, don't you agree?

Somebody give him an extra blanket and tuck him in - and we should try to whisper so he doesn't wake up.

Poor guy - this stuff is going around and around - and it is back again.

Summer - where are you?

Miss Meow
03-18-2004, 05:44 PM
Get well soon, Richard.

I don't know how to make chicken soup, so I'll make you a big pot of Japanese broth with vegetables that makes everything feel better :)

slick
03-18-2004, 05:51 PM
He does look kinda cute all tucked in like a sick little boy with Eddie sleeping on his legs. I'll bet he's really happy to have Daddy home on a weekday.

I hate being sick and fortunately I've only been sick maybe 5 days out of the last 5 yrs. It's so horribbbl habbing code in da node and ya can't breed.......

Here's a Hot Buttered Rum to go along with the hot soup. Don't worry, all your Mommies here will take good care of you.

Logan
03-18-2004, 07:19 PM
Oh "Poor Richard" (sounds familiar ;) ). Hope you feel better. Around here we're getting used to the sinus issues at least as it is now the season of new blooms, new growth, but also lots of pollen!!! :eek:

Thanks for toasting Helen, Slick. It must have worked. She pitched the last two innings and nobody scored against her. They got a couple of hits, but she stopped some, and her fellow teammates stopped some. We won!!!!! :)

OK, I'm buying a round for everyone. Helen won her game and my husband is boarding his plane in Cincinatti and will be home soon!! Yippee!!!!! :D

slick
03-18-2004, 07:36 PM
Logan that's wonderful!!!!!! Please congratulate her for me.

OK everyone, I've made 3 fresh batches of WM's so help yourself. You know where everything is and please let's keep those umbrellas out our ears :D :D

Gini: I just sent you an email.

gini
03-18-2004, 08:24 PM
Way to go Helen!!!!!

Now - if you put those little umbrellas in your nose and blow real hard, they will open.

Have you tried it?

Ha!!

Since Richard is sick, I thought I would take over the corny jokes and wierd stuff for a while.

Apple Martini - yup - that is what I want.

I always wonder if the rest of the Pet Talkers think WE REALLY DO DRINK LIKE THIS IN REAL LIFE. Well, I am not going to tell.

Cincy'sMom
03-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Wow, softball already?!? I'm jealous!! Great job Helen!!!

slick
03-18-2004, 08:49 PM
Now - if you put those little umbrellas in your nose and blow real hard, they will open.

:D :D :D And just how do you know this????? **snicker**

I always wonder if the rest of the Pet Talkers think WE REALLY DO DRINK LIKE THIS IN REAL LIFE. Well, I am not going to tell.

My lips are sealed and I'm sure Laurie won't tell either.

Corinna
03-18-2004, 09:07 PM
I'm with you I'm not telling. Richard does look rather cute all tucked in on the couch. I brought a home made quilt , I always feel better when I am under this one.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-18-2004, 09:24 PM
Wow, softball already?!? I'm jealous!! Great job Helen!!!

My thoughts exactly! They'd be playing in mud around here. Congratulations Helen!

Can I have one of those umbrellas? I need to try something....

I'll take one of those WM's Slick - thanks.

Hey is that Mario in bed next to Richard? Maybe that's why he's been so quiet - he's not feeling well either. Awwww...poor babies. Hope you two are feeling better soon!

I've got joke here. It's stupid, but I LMAO when I read this, hope you guys do the same.
----------------------------
Johnny was working at the fish plant when he accidentally cut off all ten of his fingers. He went to the emergency room. The doctor looked at Johnny and said"Let's have the fingers, and I'll see what I can do." Johnny said , "I haven't got the fingers." "What do you mean, you haven't got the fingers? It's 2004, we've got microsurgery and all kinds of incredible techniques. I could have put them back on and made you like new. Why didn't you bring the fingers?" Furious Johnny says, "How was I supposed to pick them up?!!!"
------------------

With that I'll bid you all a good night. Need to sleep in my own bed tonight instead of on the couch by the fire again. :rolleyes:

slick
03-18-2004, 09:47 PM
:D :D Good one Debbie. Have a good sleep and we'll see you in the morning.

Corinna
03-18-2004, 09:56 PM
I think I need to go too. I feel like I'm getting a cold too. going to take a hot bath and go to bed.

Corinna
03-19-2004, 09:40 AM
Good morning all. I guess the early to bed and hot bath worked I feel so much better. I hope you are too Richard. We didn't Mother you to death I hope. It just somethinf in our makeup that causes that . My guys enjoy it the first day but after that it's leave me alone.
It got to 64 degrees here yesterday but 45mph winds. Not supposed to get the wind today. So I get to go out and redo my garden plastic that blow off yesterday. :(

I guess I'll get a diet coke and do a little cleanup in here.

slick
03-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Good morning everyone. I think it's going to quiet in here today so I'll first put on a pot of coffee then get started cleaning up. Glad you are feeling better Corinna. Richard, check in when you can.

I see green sparkles and green popcorn everywhere....:eek:

Corinna
03-19-2004, 10:08 AM
I keep thinking I'm going to buy stock in food dye companys.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2004, 11:08 AM
I see green sparkles and green popcorn everywhere....:eek:

Wasn't me! I went to bed early last night. :D <halo glowing>

I'm starving, what are we eating today? I could really go from some cajun shrimp on the barbie. Anybody up want to join me?

I'll take some of that coffee, Slick. And please pass the pink sugar and creamer. I'm more of a "would you like some coffee with your cream and sugar?" kind of person. :rolleyes: :D

Corinna
03-19-2004, 11:11 AM
sounds good to me but i did bring a batch of scrabled eggs and ham . help your self. I'm having ice hebal tea

slick
03-19-2004, 11:14 AM
Shrimp on the Barbie?????? Hasn't Barbie suffered enough with the breakup and all :D :D Maybe Barbie is dating a shrimp. Wait a minute didn't we have this theme a few weeks ago??

I guess I can whip up a batch for lunch. For now I'm partaking of those good-looking green eggs and ham. :D Thanks Corinna.

Corinna
03-19-2004, 11:15 AM
hEY WILLIE ARE YOU OK WE HAVEn't SEEN YOU HERE THIS WEEK HAVE WE?

Corinna
03-19-2004, 11:17 AM
Yea I got carried away with the green theme . Yes we did the Barbie thing to death. Any one heard from outr dazzling leader (richard) to see how hes doing?

gini
03-19-2004, 11:18 AM
Just checking in - hey, who cleaned up?

Scrambled eggs and ham? Oooo and a cup of hot coffee with cream. No thanks, I am not big on those flavored creamers .

I too, had a good night's sleep despite the fact that Annie was all over me this morning to wake me up.

Went out with some friends and we laughed so hard that my sides hurt - made me sleep like a baby!

Richard, I do hope you are feeling better - you tossed and turned and your blanket is on the floor. Let's get him tucked back in girls.

The nurses of Thursdays! Why does that make me smile?

gini
03-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Yes, I noticed that Willie hasn't been around - and neither has Mario.

No wonder it is so quiet around here - no Mario!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Richard, I do hope you are feeling better - you tossed and turned and your blanket is on the floor. Let's get him tucked back in girls.

Oh, oh, better get him covered up quick. The visual I got when I read this was of when my dad was in the hospital after their car accident. He didn't understand that he couldn't get out of bed because of his pelvic fractures and he kept uncovering himself and trying to get up. And....well...lets say that me, being his daughter, should not have been in the room at that time! :eek: :eek: :o

Quick! As many blankets as possible to cover Richard!!!

slick
03-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Well, it looks like we are all sleeping beauties this morning. I actually got about 6 hours last night which is really really good for me.

I've got the shrimp marinating in the back to we can cook up a batch later.

We are also missing Anne and Andy along with GP Girl. I guess they actually have a life outside of Pet Talk. :eek: :D

I think Mario slipped off to sleep on Richard's bed last night to keep him company.

Corinna
03-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Does this mean we are pathetic with no live out side the bar?:D :D
I'm evemn iming my best freind in Washington as we clean I am bad

Corinna
03-19-2004, 11:36 AM
My fingers are really being dumb to day sorry about the criptic message

catland
03-19-2004, 12:36 PM
How soon until the shrimp on the Barbie is ready? Its the vernal equinox tonight boys and girls - does that make it the autumnal equinox for Miss Meow and friends?

I found some kind of old sinus remedy in the L&F - something to do with duct tape and feathers - I couldn't quite understand what it meant.

Oh well - I'll pour a little brandy in that coffee and start the cleanup - and who's bright idea was it to leave the corned beef and cabage in the fireplace?

dukedogsmom
03-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Just checking in here. It's about my lunchtime and shrimp sounds wonderful! It's almost 2 pm here. I usually watch Days of Our Lives at this time but it's nice to get out of the work environment. Going to go to Crispers. Does everyone have those in their area? They have really good home made soups, salads and sandwiches. Not to mention cookies, cheesecake and brownies. Anyone hungry now? www.crispers.com

RICHARD
03-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Hi everyone and thanks for thinking about me...

you guys rock.....I feel better and think that being sick has one good thing about it...

When you get well you are glad you aren't sick!

P.s. Thank you Mario........

Gini,

The "Nurses of Thursday" sounds like the title of one of those romantic novels ladies read....:eek:

Mop my fevered brow??? :rolleyes:

gini
03-19-2004, 01:25 PM
And just what was it that Mario did that we "nurses" didn't do better HUH?

The "Nurses of Thursdays" - stay tuned..........:D

The book was better

slick
03-19-2004, 01:27 PM
Mop my fevered brow??? :rolleyes:
AWWWWWW poor Richard. Here's a cold cloth for you. Let Nurse Betty made it all better....

Ok folks, the shrimp is ready with all accompanying sauces ranging from mild to butt screaming :D

lbaker
03-19-2004, 02:17 PM
yummmm, thanks Slick - deeeeelish. Nurse Betty? There was a book I used to love when I was little that had one of the lead characters named Nurse Jane Fuzzywuzzie. I wanted to be Nurse Jane Fuzzywuzzie when I grew up :rolleyes: Some how "Nurses of Thursdays" doesn't sound like a book with someone named Nurse Jane Fuzzywuzzie though, nobody with that name could have a heaving bosom :eek: Don't all those romance novels have ladies with heaving bosoms and 18 inch waists?

RICHARD
03-19-2004, 02:19 PM
lololol...

"I saw the movie and I read the book,
But when it happened to me,
I sure was glad I had what it took,
to get away....."

Neil Young.

Mario snores.....it's like those 'wave machines'..put me right to sleep!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2004, 02:24 PM
MMMmmmmmm....I'll take some of that butt screaming sauce, Slick! Yuuuu-me!!! :D

Glad you're feeling better Richard!

I've never been good at nursing.......

slick
03-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Nurse Jane Fuzzywuzzie.
OMG are you serious????? All my life I thought Fuzzywuzzie was a bear.

Fuzzywuzzie was a bear
Fuzzywuzzie had no hair
So he wasn't Fuzzywuzzie......

Chapter 1
As she caressed his fevered brow she couldn't help but notice the lines of his face and the deep richness of the colour of his eyes. They were deep brown yet had a yellowish hue. He breathed heavily with the coolness of the cloth as she wiped his face and broad shoulders. Her heart was beating so fast and yet somehow she knew....it would never be.........

gini
03-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Chapter 1
As she caressed his fevered brow she couldn't help but notice the lines of his face and the deep richness of the colour of his eyes. They were deep brown yet had a yellowish hue. He breathed heavily with the coolness of the cloth as she wiped his face and broad shoulders. Her heart was beating so fast and yet somehow she knew....it would never be.........

Uh, is this referring to Richard - or is this about Mario???;) ;)

Sorry, Slick, I just couldn't resist

lbaker
03-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Maybe Nurse Jane married the bear and became Nurse Jane Fuzzywuzzie when she took his name?

I'm not even going to start on Chapter II The Mayor would probably string us up alive :eek:

RICHARD
03-19-2004, 02:49 PM

With a little cough he expelled the hairball that caused him so much grief. That wretched hairball, it just lay there.....glistening on the sheet....

She raised her fists to her cheeks and let out a scream....then ran from the room in tears.

slick
03-19-2004, 02:56 PM
I'm not even going to start on Chapter II The Mayor would probably string us up alive :eek:
Chicken!!!!!;) :D

lbaker
03-19-2004, 02:57 PM
OMG, I'm laughing so hard it's liable to come out my nose again :D :D glistening hairballs indeed :D :rolleyes: Now I'm going to be giggling all the way home on the subway and get "those looks" :rolleyes:

catland
03-19-2004, 03:03 PM
lol:D :D

RICHARD
03-19-2004, 03:05 PM
Now I'm going to be giggling all the way home on the subway and get "those looks" :rolleyes:

As long as you don't mumble, "glistening hairball"
every few minutes......you should be o.k...

Cincy'sMom
03-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Quite the novel we have going here today! I may too young to hear the rest!!!

Any of the shrimp left? Sounds terrific!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Ok, it's been over an hour since the latest installment, come on, who's turn is it? I need to know what happens with the glistening hairball and did Nurse Fuzzywuzzie's tears ruin her makeup? (They never seem to on the real soaps....which brings up a good question. Is "real soap" an oxymoron?)

Boss isn't coming in today - yippeee!!! And I've got less than an hour to go before I hit the daily commute and then it's the weekend!!! Yeeee haaaa!!!! Cat show tomorrow with E's Secretary and Efrat - can't wait! :D

slick
03-19-2004, 04:21 PM
With a little cough he expelled the hairball that caused him so much grief. That wretched hairball, it just lay there.....glistening on the sheet....

She raised her fists to her cheeks and let out a scream....then ran from the room in tears.

Chapter II

Feeling better, he got out of bed and got dressed. Realizing that Nurse Betty must have been in shock, he ran after her.

"Wait....come back......it wasn't really me in that bed. It was my evil, younger twin brother who sometimes takes possession of my body. You see, when we were younger we were taken hostage by a spaceship and they performed all kinds of experiments on us. In the end, my evil, younger twin brother decided to stay aboard the spaceship while I came home, and now every time he wants to communicate with me, he puts me in a dreamlike, feverish state and sometimes he makes me do erratic things like spitting up hairballs."

She looked deep into his eyes and realized how frustrating that must be for him.

"All right, she said, and took his hand. "Let's go and clean up that glistening hairball.....together." They smiled at each other as they walked back into the house.

On the next episode of "LA Fever"

As the door closes behind them Eddie De Katz decides to make his great escape.

Where will he go?
What will he eat?
Will he run away to Grandma's house or follow his heart and find his true love, Kylie??

Stay tuned.

Corinna
03-19-2004, 05:17 PM
I have been watching Elvira movies also transayvania 65000
Soo I'm a little goofy today.

Chapter III
As they turned to clean up the hairball came began to move slowly toward them .As it moved it started making a low moaning sound. Nurse betty looked on with a petrified look as he begain to look for a long stick. When he found it he gentliy poked the ball. and it then.....

lbaker
03-19-2004, 05:48 PM
and then? and then? Then he threw her on the train tracks, and then a traaain started coming! .."and then along came Jones... slow walking, slow talking long, lean Jones.." Mahayaha (is that how you spell that) I bet you remember that song!

RICHARD
03-19-2004, 05:53 PM
and then? and then? Then he threw her on the train tracks, and then a traaain started coming! .."and then along came Jones... slow walking, slow talking long, lean Jones.." Mahayaha (is that how you spell that) I bet you remember that song!

lololol....now it turns into a musical.....

lbaker
03-19-2004, 05:57 PM
definately "Off Broadway". "Hairballs and Heaving Bosoms". Great name for a rock band :p Mario can play drums :D

RICHARD
03-19-2004, 06:25 PM
definately "Off Broadway". "Hairballs and Heaving Bosoms". Great name for a rock band :p Mario can play drums :D

Glistening Hairballs and Heaving Bosoms!:D

slick
03-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Glistening Hairballs and Heaving Bosoms!:D
:D :D :D :D That sounds like a TV series from Spike TV.

At least I left out names of body parts in my chapters.:eek:

RICHARD
03-19-2004, 06:40 PM
FINE!!

Glistening Bosoms and Heaving Hairballs.

catland
03-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Chapter four:

Just then, nurse Betty heard a loud <thud> - this jolted her awake - darn, it was just a dream, there was no feverish patient, no glistening hairball, not even a train. But wait, what was that, a dull glow eminated from her bedroom closet.

Slowly she walked towards the closet - still half asleep and trying to sort out the strange dream in her head. Betty opened the closet, only to discover........

slick
03-19-2004, 06:54 PM
FINE!!

Glistening Bosoms and Heaving Hairballs.

Sparkling Furballs and Mammary Downfalls. :D

lbaker
03-19-2004, 06:56 PM
CLAM JUiZ, OH MY!! :eek: :eek: tHAT'S WhaT's in ThE cLOseT? dang again

RICHARD
03-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Chapter four:

Just then, nurse Betty heard a loud <thud> - this jolted her awake - darn, it was just a dream, there was no feverish patient, no glistening hairball, not even a train. But wait, what was that, a dull glow eminated from her bedroom closet.

Slowly she walked towards the closet - still half asleep and trying to sort out the strange dream in her head. Betty opened the closet, only to discover........

during the night someone had snuck into her room and placed a 'Lost and Found' sign on the door. She laughed. Her roommate was prone to pulling stunts like this.

Some of the jokes were in bad taste, but hilarious nonetheless.
They were often rooted in the topics of the day. The war, jailed movie stars or the latest reality shows.

As she took a step toward glowing strip of light on the floor she thought about what to do.

Should I throw the door open and scream at the top of my lungs?
Or maybe the full tumbler of water on the nightstand- tossed in after I fling the door open??

She took a step towards the glass or water, and then stopped..If it's glowing then there must electricty involved...that wouldn't be too smart!

Let me think.......

slick
03-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Chapter four: Betty opened the closet, only to discover........
The light disappeared. Wait, she turned her head left and there it was....she turned her head right and there it was again. It seemed to be following everywhere she looked.....then suddenly she realized that she forgot to remove her portable mini light that was strapped around her head.

RICHARD
03-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Let's pool the money we will spend on the July BBQ and get a group rate on therapy????

lbaker
03-19-2004, 07:17 PM
If I had a portable thingy that I knew how to work, you guys would be inundated with pictures, but that may be a good thing. See you in July

slick
03-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Let's pool the money we will spend on the July BBQ and get a group rate on therapy????

Like the Princess said

Is "there-a-pea" under this mattress????

:D

I kill me. :D :D Or someone should......

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Geez-o-man! I leave for a few hours to get home and have some dinner and the place goes bonkers!!!

Ok, Slick, we'll start with you. Lay down on the couch and relax, there you go. Take you shoes off if you're more comfortable that way. Close your eyes and relaaaaxxx...

Ok, now tell me, have you got any lingering resentments against your mother?

Richard, please wait in the waiting room, you're next, then lbaker, then catland then.....don't worry you're all get your turn.

Now Slick, back to you, any burning resentments you want to tell me....RICHARD! I said please wait in the waiting room! And what is that monkey doing on your back?!:rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
03-19-2004, 07:38 PM
**BULLETIN** **NEWS FLASH** *I*M*P*O*R*T*A*N*T*

**Johanna** (Cataholic) **ANNOUNCES**

*** A New Addition to the Herd ***

(And it ain't gonna *Purrrr* or *Wooof* ;) )

READ ALL ABOUT IT >>>

A New Addition to the Herd (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45990) :) :D

And let me be the FURST to Propose a *TOAST*
to our NEW MawMee >>

May god Bless Johanna and her New Lil One!!

Here! Here! Hip - Hip - Hip - HOO-Ray!!

psssst - BarKeep -
Jest GingerAle fur da new MawMee! :p

CONGRATS, Johanna!! :D

With {{{HUGGS}}} from us ALL!!

gini
03-19-2004, 09:03 PM
WHAT??? I have to have a therapist at the July BBQ and plenty of couches?

I was only planning on a nice potato salad - and a few burgers.

Something tells me I am awfully glad I wasn't here this afternoon.

You know, I think it is time for Slick to go back to work - all of this time off hasn't been a good thing for her:D

A TOAST IN PINK TO JOHANNA........

slick
03-19-2004, 09:10 PM

Oh yeah?????? You'll be looking for me when I miss a few Thursdays. :D :rolleyes:

gini
03-19-2004, 09:22 PM
We will call your place of employment and have them go get you and bring you to Thursdays:D

Cincy'sMom
03-20-2004, 04:56 AM

ROTFL!!! I love that song!!!!

I'm glad to see you are all getting the help you need :D

Another Toast to Johanna!!! Congrats!

RICHARD
03-22-2004, 11:01 AM
Ginger ale for the New Mom...

Congrats!!!!

Wow.

Yes that is a monkey on my back.....Mario and I are bonding!
:cool:

Happy Monday everyone!

trayi52
03-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Thanks everybody for taking such good care of Mario! Looks like Mario was taking care of you too Richard. He like it here better than he does at home!

He says this is home, and he just don't ever want to leave!

Beer please!:)

Corinna
03-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Hey has Mario found the secret of time travel? How can he still be here and in Japan? :D I'm planning a quilt for Johanna so if you guys all plan a party at Findely some one e-mail their address to me so I can send it to be given to her.
It's so springlike here today. taking a picnic lunch to hubby at work.

trayi52
03-22-2004, 12:56 PM
I think Mario has discovered the secret to time travel, could it be that there is a secret worm hole in the lost and found?? And he travels from place to place??;)

Corinna
03-22-2004, 04:02 PM
WORMS omg do we have an infestation????? oh worm hole in the l&f I know I'm not going in there ever again. !!!!!!
Wonder when those crazy cats will be returning home, maybe they will go back to Garys for that canadian catnip.