PDA

View Full Version : Your ultimate meal

PJ's Mom
03-17-2004, 09:10 AM
I stole this topic from another board. :o

Anyway, with everyone on some kind of diet these days, it seems like everyone is depriving themselves of the food they love. So, if you could have one meal without the fear of weight gain, health risks, etc, what would it be?

I think mine would consist of a pasta appetizer, a BIG honkin' steak, baked potato with everything on it, cheesecake and a HUGE banana split covered in everything bad for me. :D

How about you?

lv4dogs
03-17-2004, 09:14 AM
I don't mean to brag, but I am healthy & the perfect weight (always have been) so I always eat what I want, except I don't eat enough steak & seafood but that is only due to my income!

slick
03-17-2004, 09:18 AM
Lobster, lobster, and more lobster dripping in melted garlic butter. Then for the main meal :D :eek: I would have a platter of crab, oysters and shrimp done in a variety of ways.

Foam
03-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Hmm...that's hard. :eek:
Probably some very juicy, perfectly cooked well-done steak, with a big blob of butter and mashed potatoes, a couple fresh roles, buttery peas and a huge glass of grape juice. :D Haha I'd be in heaven if I could eat all of it too. :p

luckies4me
03-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Oh man, I love so many different things, but I would have to say (my meal may sound weird LOL :p) hands down, a big honkin piece of CORNED BEEF! :D With cabbage, a side of garlic mashed potatoes, toasted squash with spices on it. My appetizer would be a big plate of calamari, shrimp, and those little round seafood things. What are they called again? LOL I'd also like a side of garlic toasted herb bread, preferably whole wheat with some artichoke/cream cheese dip. YUM! Maybe throw in a piece of parmesan salmon, fried oysters. hahahaha Man, I really need to go to the fish market!

Then for desert I would like a nice classic cheesecake with chocolate on top, and a sundae with tons of nuts and caramel on top, and some fried icecream! :D I could probably eat all of that too. hehe :p

Speaking of food, I should probably start cooking the corned beef now!~:eek:

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 11:25 AM
A ham and cheese crepe (with mushrooms), a 10 pound bun, a hot dog, wine margaritas, a bladder buster coke, hot dog on a stick, samples of beef jerky, those ice cream dots and that tempura dipped veggie plate....my perfect meal???

Naw, just a day at the county fair.....

I live for opening day.:D

Logan
03-17-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
A ham and cheese crepe (with mushrooms), a 10 pound bun, a hot dog, wine margaritas, a bladder buster coke, hot dog on a stick, samples of beef jerky, those ice cream dots and that tempura dipped veggie plate....my perfect meal???

Naw, just a day at the county fair.....

I live for opening day.:D

I love fair food too, Richard!!! Corn dogs, sausage dogs, french fries with malt vinegar, fried mushrooms, and best of all ELEPHANT EARS with butter and cinnamon!!!! :D :D :D Good thing the fair doesn't come to town but once per year!!!! :o

My "ultimate" meal can't be narrowed down to one. Can I have two or three? Steak (Ribeye or Filet), salad with good blue cheese dressing is always a favorite. But I love good seafood too, started off with She Crab Soup, followed by shrimp, oyster and scallops! And I found out that I LOVE Lobster, when Helen and I visited Cape Cod with Sandra. I'll never eat a lobster tail again. I'll wait to head to New England and eat the whole thing!!!!! :o

wolfie
03-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Everyone really likes steak don't they? lol. Am I the only vegetarian? :)

I'd have mozzarella sticks for an appatizer, then these vegetarian pockets my mom makes (soy 'meat', veggies, and rice in a pie shell), and cooked carrots on the side. And a big glass of lemonade!

For dessert I'd have pink frosted cupcakes! ^_^

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Logan
I love fair food too, Richard!!! Corn dogs, sausage dogs, french fries with malt vinegar, fried mushrooms, and best of all ELEPHANT EARS with butter and cinnamon!!!! :D :D :D Good thing the fair doesn't come to town but once per year!!!! :o

lolol,

Is our 'dog' fetish appropriate for this board???;)

You forgot the huge fried chunks of cod with your french fries....

10 pound buns are huge slices of french bread with cheese, tomato, seasoning and jalapenos.....tossed in a broiler...

with a wine margarita, of course!!

binka_nugget
03-17-2004, 12:11 PM
SUSHI!! Lots of California rolls, tons of salmon sashimi, some prawn tempura and lots and lots of coke!

Ironically, I'm going for all you can eat sushi in a couple hours. :p

Logan
03-17-2004, 12:15 PM
Richard, you must tell me about a wine margarita. I've never heard of it!!!! As for the "dogs", they really are good, aren't they? :o

luckies4me
03-17-2004, 12:25 PM
But I love good seafood too, started off with She Crab Soup, followed by shrimp, oyster and scallops!

Hah! That's what their called, scallops! :D

luckies4me
03-17-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by wolfie
Everyone really likes steak don't they? lol.

I DESPISE steak. I hate beef, the only beef I will eat is corned beef and the kind found in Taco Bell burritos. :p

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 12:27 PM
Richard, you must tell me about a wine margarita. I've never heard of it!!!! As for the "dogs", they really are good, aren't they? :o

Description: This margarita hails from Leon Valley, Texas. It captures the concessionary blends of Texas and New Mexico. The ingredients are simple: lime concentrate and wine. A non-alcoholic blend was attempted; however, wine was needed to render an authentic-looking frozen refreshment with spoonable consistency.
Ingredients:

One 12-ounce can of frozen lime concentrate
One bottle of Chardonnay wine (minimum of 36-ounces required)
(Makes six eight-ounce servings)
Instructions: Allow lime concentrate to thaw overnight in refrigerator. Strain off pulp and mix three parts wine to one part lime concentrate. Cap and shake container. Pour mixture into clear plastic cups, cover, and place on top shelf of refrigerator freezer compartment until frozen. Retrieve from freezer, remove covers, and provide plastic spoons with servings. (Refrigerate any unused mixture for freezing future servings.)
-------------------

lololol,
The stand is just inside the main gates of the fair.....at 10 a.m. on a warm september day they are lovely...
;)

Cataholic
03-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Hmmm...a Cassano's pizza (thin, thin crust, really salty), a big huge bag of BBQ chips, a huge salad with blue cheese dressing and diet orange pop.

Dessert? Vanilla ice cream- Graeter's, or maybe choc chip.

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Hmmm...a Cassano's pizza (thin, thin crust, really salty)

what?

no toppings?:eek:

slick
03-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Richard, that WM sounds great. Hint hint I think it should be the DOTD for Thursday this week - being that it's green and all......:)

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Grilled spicy shrimp, a basil, tomato and cheese salad and a HUGE glass of St. Pauli Girl...

Basil, tomato and provelone cheese, kosher salt w/wine vinegar......crusty french bread....

Corinna
03-17-2004, 01:53 PM
Fair food always is so much better. Corn dogs, scones,and indain fry bread. now i'm hungry for lunch. :eek:

Miss Meow
03-17-2004, 02:47 PM
A giant Haigh's peppermint chocolate frog :D

I am easily pleased ;)

isis
03-17-2004, 03:16 PM
I'm not on a diet. I eat what I want, but I don't eat a whole lot of it at once. Although if I could, it would probably be mashed potatos!:D

Moose
03-17-2004, 04:08 PM
All the Chinese food in the world!! --drools--

PJ's Mom
03-17-2004, 04:38 PM
Awww man. I'm so hungry now! :eek: :D

popcornbird
03-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Not sure............there are so many foods that I *love*, BUT, right now, I am in the mood for a nice pan pizza, topped with mushrooms. Mmmmmm.................. I could go for lasagna too. :p

For desert, I would love to have blueberry cheesecake, or a nice big bowl of fresh ice cream.

AND, for snack, one nice large cup of Jamba Juice please!!!! :D

Cookiebaker
03-17-2004, 05:04 PM
I gotta agree with PJ's mom! :) I am so hungry for chinese food right now. That's what we are doing tonight!! :p :D

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 05:21 PM
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/10514/photo31.html?photosize=large

That's a chocolate frog alright.....:eek:

KYS
03-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Oh BOY!!

This thread is making me hungry.

Pizza and ice-cream. :D

carole
03-17-2004, 07:16 PM
Now I feel like eating some of Macdonalds new lite smoked chicken fold-overs, I really love these, yummy, followed by a big calorie packed super sundae from Wendys, my tummy is rumbling now just thinking about it.:)

ParNone
03-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Here's mine (but only if homemade by my Mom):

Appetizer: Crab Gumbo
Entree: Cheese Enchilandas
Dessert: Blackberry Cobbler

And to drink, ice cold bottle of Dr. Pepper.

Par...

Miss Meow
03-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/10514/photo31.html?photosize=large

That's a chocolate frog alright.....:eek:

I know, droooooooool :) They come in peppermint, milk chocolate and dark chocolate, all equally delicious and more-ish. The only decision is do you rip off its head, or bite the legs off first ;)

Nomilynn
03-17-2004, 08:30 PM
I wasn't hungry until I read this thread :p

I'm with Logan on this one.. I can't narrow it down to only one meal. I'll have to think about it and get back to you .. I'll give you a week of menus!!!! :D

anna_66
03-18-2004, 06:47 AM
I think my all time favorite would be my mom's burritos or chicken & dumplings followed by her famous carrot cake.

It's only breakfast & now I'm starving for lunch!

Lissa
03-18-2004, 01:35 PM
My problem is I'm not on a diet, but I'm poor and my dog gets all my money. Mmmmm Ramen noodles. I would want a big salad with all the veggies on it. A medium well done steak, with a baked potato, buttery corn on the cobb, chicken marinated in italian dressing and my mom's macarroni and cheese. Mmmm, maybe I'll have to go home, thats what my mom always makes for me when I go home....