PDA

View Full Version : Maybe another rabbit at Camp Vermont?

sasvermont
03-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Well, the lady from the Rabbit Society emailed me the other day, asking if I was interested in a very sweet, loving, dwarf angora female named Jamora. She will be spayed tomorrow, so I will probably drive 5 hours each way, next Saturday, to fetch her.

She will weight 2.5 lbs., beige with a white skirt of sorts. From what I understand about dwarf angoras, they are less maintenance and don't shed as much as the standard size.

I will keep you guys posted.

Jamora is coming from a shelter where she was just turned in by a family....she loves being carried around.....and groomed...and is a real cling-on. The opposite of Winter.

Wish us luck in her recovery from the spaying.

SAS:D

Logan
03-17-2004, 07:43 AM
Sallyanne, I'm glad you're going to do this. Will have fingers, paws and claws crossed that she does well with the spaying. I know you will provide her with a wonderful home! She sounds like a precious girl and I love her name!! :)

Nomilynn
03-17-2004, 09:03 AM
Good luck Sas, you truly do deserve this happy occasion! :D

slick
03-17-2004, 09:54 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk Jamora!!!!!! You are going to a very loving home and Sallyanne will take good care of you. I look forward to seeing lots and lots of pictures.:)

Rottieluver45
03-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Yay!! She sounds like a sweetie! I`m glad you`re helping her out! Can`t wait to see her! :D

sasvermont
03-17-2004, 11:10 AM
Winter made me laugh but she was not all warm and fuzzy when it came to being handled. According to Mona, the rabbit lady, Jamora is very, very sweet and would love to live in a pouch and be carried around all day! I cannot wait.

I am hoping that the spaying will not set her back.

I shall keep you guys posted.

I don't know why her current owners gave her up....but I shall try to find out.

The rabbit lady didn't have any history on Winter other than she was the only rabbit to survive.....out of a mom, dad, and three babies dropped off in a box at the end of a lane, all matted, sick and half dead. So Winter aka Winny had the good life for awhile....then left for RB.

SAS:(

sasvermont
03-17-2004, 11:14 AM
I just did a search in Google and found this!
Jamora Rabbits (http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://mitglied.lycos.de/oriane/jamora/jamora.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Djamora%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8)

luckies4me
03-17-2004, 11:40 AM
What cute bunnies they are! I can't wait to see pictures, and hopefully her spay will go OK. :D

Vermontcat
03-17-2004, 12:21 PM
Sallyanne, I am so happy that you are getting a new bunny!
I have been thinking about you a lot and I even thought about calling you on Saturday when Cookiebaker and I got together for a short visit.

I remember you telling me earlier that Winter was the sole survivor of her rabbit family when you adopted her.
Winter enjoyed her time with you, I know it.

Of course you know that if you are getting a new bunny I will have to come visit and take more photos.;)
Keep us posted. I'm looking forward to meeting the new camper.:)

Sweet Sixy
03-17-2004, 03:34 PM
Good luck with your new bunny, and congratulations with the new family member! Angoras are wonderul rabbits!:)

jenluckenbach
03-17-2004, 05:08 PM
I am so happy for you! :D:D
Can't wait to see her.

Rottieluver45
03-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
I just did a search in Google and found this!
Jamora Rabbits (http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://mitglied.lycos.de/oriane/jamora/jamora.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Djamora%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8)

What does it say? :confused:

Ya know Thelmer is like Winter. She doesn`t really like to be held but she`s fun to watch and stuff. Good luck with Jamora

Karen
03-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Where is she? Just curious, because I'm about 5 hours from you ... ;)

Maybe you should rename her Spring! That's what comes after Winter ...

Cannot wait to see her, and am glad you are willing to get another bunny. Sweet looking bunnies, and you can save her combings for yarn ...

Kfamr
03-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Yay! another bunny. I hope everything goes alright with her spay..

Originally posted by Karen

Maybe you should rename her Spring! That's what comes after Winter ...

I was thinking maybe summer, since it's the opposite of Winter. :p

ChrisH
03-18-2004, 03:42 AM
Oh, SAS, I am so happy for you! :)

The bunnys on that site are so cute aren't they!? :) I wonder if Jamora will look like them, can't wait to find out! :D

Daisylover
03-18-2004, 10:17 AM
Oh my, you are so lucky to be getting her! I am keeping my fingers crossed all goes well with her operation. We rescued 4 Angoras in January and they have great personalities! Good luck and keep us updated!

Logan
03-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Sallyanne, hope everything went well with the spaying and that you will be picking up the newest addition for Camp Vermont tomorrow as planned!!! Good luck!!!! :)

catnapper
03-19-2004, 03:11 PM
Thats so exciting! Good luck:)

sasvermont
03-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Cinnamon is a Jamora rabbit. I am not sure everyone understood that Jamora is not her name. I was confused with Mona's first email too, and thought that the rabbit was named Jamora. No, her name is Cinnamon.

I can only assume that things ran smoothly today and that I will drive to Springfield MA next weekend. I think giving her a few days to recover makes a great deal of sense.

I am very excited about meeting her. She is a real love bug!

SAS;)

Logan
03-20-2004, 09:19 AM
I got all confused, SAS. Sorry about that! So we can look forward to next weekend instead! Can't wait to meet Cinnamon!! :)

Vermontcat
03-20-2004, 09:40 AM
So we have to wait another week until you get her.
I found this bunny on Petfinder, is this the Cinnamon that you might get?
Cinnamon (http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=1747518&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=405b6f4f6920a5cf-app5&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=)
I can't wait to meet the new camper!:)

Rottieluver45
03-20-2004, 05:55 PM
Oh, sorry! I got confused too!!

sasvermont
03-20-2004, 07:46 PM
I rec'd an email from Mona and Cinnamon is recovering nicely. I will drive down to pick her up on Saturday. I have to go to NH anyway, so the drive won't be that much of a stretch for me.

Vermontcat, I don't think the Cinnamon on Petfinder is the same rabbit. My new rabbit has long fur. But I don't really know what she looks like.....all I know is that everyone at the vet's office and rescue has fallen in love with her and wants to adopt her. She is quite the little love bug. Winter, for as funny as she was, wanted to be left alone! I am looking forward to a rabbit that loves to cuddle and be kisses and to be carried!

I am so happy that Mona is taking care of her during her most stressful time. She is on pain meds and has begun eating and pooping normally, so all is looking good.

Fingers crossed.

I promise to take photos next Saturday night.

Sas and her brats!

:D

Nomilynn
03-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Yay! I'm so happy for you, and am really looking forward to the pictures :)

Congrats on the new addition :)

Vermontcat
03-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Is tomorrow the day you go get her?
I can't wait to see some photos of your new cuddle bunny.:)

Pam
03-26-2004, 03:40 PM
Once again a long ride for Sallyanne to pick up a lucky furkid!! I will be checking in tomorrow for news (and do I dare to hope for pictures!) :p

Safe travels SAS and congratulations on the latest little Camper-to-be!! ;)

Logan
03-26-2004, 07:28 PM
Travel safely, Sallyanne! Wish one of us were nearer to keep you company!!! :)

sasvermont
03-27-2004, 05:40 AM
Well, I am just about ready to leave. I have a couple of stops on my way. I should arrive in MASS. around 4, and then will have a five hour drive back. It will be a very, very long day. I will have a couple of rest stops (lunch and dinner) so that I should be able to have a little quality time with the new Cinnamon rabbit, furry little thing!

Mona said Cin is in good shape and is friendlier than ever!

I am so excited.

I re-cleaned Winny's old cage and set it up with hay, water, etc. The cats were very curious about what I was doing and kept looking for Winny.

So, off to MASS with me! I surely hope this rabbit lives a bit longer than poor Winny did. I wonder what happened to her?

I promise to take photos tomorrow and post them. I shall be home all day with Cinnamon so I should have the time.

Ta ta
SAS

Cincy'sMom
03-27-2004, 06:04 AM
Have a safe trip SAS! We'll belooking for pictures tomorrow!!!!

Dogz
03-27-2004, 09:35 AM
Have a safe trip, Sallyanne!

Congratulations on the new addition.:) I am looking forward to seeing the pictures!

sasvermont
03-28-2004, 06:19 AM
Well, I cannot find my darn camera. I will look again after I finish this missive.

The ride went smoothly. Cinnamon was a delight on the way home. She is so darn cute and petite!

She is now in her hutch and room (too cold for the porch just yet) and has the privacy necessary - NO CATS, the door is locked closed!

My cats were very curious last night, with Chloe putting her paw into the cage to touch Cin. I didn't let them spend too much time with her and let her get acquainted with her new home, on her terms.

So, she is fine, and eating and pooping.....if you own a rabbit, you know that eating and pooping are the two most important things in their health. Well, that goes for all mamals, yes?

I promise to find the camera and get busy taking photos!

Sas

jenluckenbach
03-28-2004, 07:13 AM
We made it!
:D :D :D

sasvermont
03-28-2004, 07:29 AM
I am downloading the photos now. Here is a taste!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/p6135ccd335cec689daf7720565c9b1f0/f9346c65.jpg

more to come

Cookiebaker
03-28-2004, 07:42 AM
Ohhh Sas, I'm sooo happy for you!! What an adorable bunster!! I can't wait to see more pictures :):) (So glad you found your camera!!)

I'm so sorry about the passing of sweet Winter. I do believe he has sent you Cinnamon from above.

Welcome home, Cinnamon. You have the best Mom and sisters a bunny could ever hope for! :D

Pam
03-28-2004, 07:43 AM
What a beautiful girl she is and her name fits her perfectly!! Sallyanne I am so glad you were able to find this cutie pie and you had a safe trip down to Mass. and back. I can't wait to hear how the three little kitties react to their new Bun-Bun Sis. I will keep checking to see more of your pictures as you get them posted. Nice to see that Imagestation is cooperating again. ;)

Pam
03-28-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker

Welcome home, Cinnamon. You have the best Mom and sisters a bunny could ever hope for! :D

And welcome home to Emerson too! Gosh you and Sallyanne both had additions to your family on the same day! :cool: The Pet Talk family is growing again!

sasvermont
03-28-2004, 07:58 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/pb8f6197b5c68f57341326e9b0bfa635b/f9346316.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/p399683dab3c06d6e95c48deb5b25240c/f9346321.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/pdc17e2d062a842318a234f10379f385b/f9346c6c.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/p24e8089b2436f3dfc090c9cea522031f/f9346c71.jpg
Enjoy!

I took these about an hour ago!

ChrisH
03-28-2004, 09:32 AM
Aw, Sas! :) What a beautiful bunny!! :) Congratulations!:D

Cincy'sMom
03-28-2004, 09:35 AM
What a cutie!!! Congrats on the new addition!!

Randi
03-28-2004, 09:53 AM
Cinnamon looks so cute and the name fits her. :) There's a lot to explore. :eek: Btw, I think she looks big, but I don't know much about bunnies. How much does she weigh? I hope she'll get along with Miley, Juni Rose and chloe. :)

lovemyshiba
03-28-2004, 09:59 AM
What a cutie!!!!!!

Congratulations on the new addition!!!
:) :) :) :) :)

Barbara
03-28-2004, 10:55 AM
Oh what a sweet rabbit - and the name fits perfectly. The colour will go very well with the Aby girls. I hope Cinnamon has a long and happy life at Camp Vermont:)

Uabassoon
03-28-2004, 11:03 AM
What a cutie! Congrats on your new addition!

trayi52
03-28-2004, 11:16 AM
What a cute little darling! Congratulations on such a sweet little bunny!

Willie

Vermontcat
03-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Congratulations Sas!:D
Cinnamon is such a cute bunny!
It's nice to see a new happy camper at Camp Vermont.:)

sasvermont
03-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Well, Cinnamon is now terrified of the cats. She runs now and the cats chase her. So, back to the drawing board.

I have gotten out the water/spray bottles and will begin the "oh no you don't" routine. Yelling at them only upsets the rabbit.

My plan is to begin tomorrow. I will sit in the room with the rabbit and spray the cats if they try to come near her. I am going to start to carry her into the living room and allow her to mingle with the cats while sitting on my lap. Miley seems to be the one most ticked off about the new rabbit. Not much of a surprise, eh?

If I had only one cat, I would leash it while introducing it to the rabbit. Three against one just isn't fair. Winny was huge compared to little Cinnamon.

Cin is much friendlier than Winter....and not as intimidating to the cats.

I did allow Chloe in the room with us this morning. It was ok, but the rabbit is still scared. I shall wait.

I have ordered a hand gun from a catalogue to give to Cinnamon so that she can protect herself.

She is a keeper, for sure. A real loveable little thing!

SAS

Pam
03-28-2004, 04:02 PM
I have ordered a hand gun from a catalogue to give to Cinnamon so that she can protect herself.
SAS

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/roflmao.gifhttp://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/roflmao.gif

Sallyanne I just got on a few minutes ago with the intention of checking up on your happy little fur family, and as usual your update was a laugh-outlouder! I know you will be successful with the introductions. I just have a feeling. Once Cinnamon feels secure with you she will probably relax around the kitties. Poor Miley. Another adjustment to make in her household. Somehow I sort of expected her reaction. At least she hasn't gone into the closet! :p Staying tuned....

Cincy'sMom
03-28-2004, 04:50 PM

SAS

LOL!!!

Glad things are going well. She sounds like such a sweetie!!!

sasvermont
03-28-2004, 08:03 PM
Well, tonight, after spending the earlier part of the evening squirting the cats, the rabbit ventured out of her room. It was so funny to see. She would go a few feet, then run back, then more footage, then into the next room. All the time I was squirting the cats so they would leave her alone. I think the cats think she is packing a water pistol!

She was so funny and active that I finally put her in her room and locked the door. It was just too good to be true. I feared that the cats would get frustrated and dismiss the water fall and just go after her. At one point she was chasing one of the cats!

I have taken more photos and will download them tonight.

The new photos are much better and she seems more relaxed in these photos.

She has let me pick her up a few times and hangs out around my feet. The opposite of Winter!

I am so happy!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/pb8290d5d2d143ce45e6cc34e6d7babc6/f9328c07.jpg

Logan
03-29-2004, 07:34 AM
Welcome, beautiful Cinn!!!! :) Sallyanne, she is just gorgeous!!! I am so happy for you!!!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
03-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Welcome To Pet Talk Beautiful Cinnamon & Congrats On Your New Additon Sallyanne!!!:D
I look forward to hearing more about her and also seeing more pictures too.:)

koxka
03-30-2004, 12:39 AM
What a beautiful bunny!

I can see a lot of fun in the future! :D

sasvermont
03-30-2004, 05:53 AM
Thank you everyone.

When a pet dies at my house, I always think I have neglected something. My heart was heavy having lost so darn many pets in the past year.

Cinnamon is doing nicely. Last night the cats and Cinn were playing like crazy. Miley had just come from the vet, having had a tooth cleaning and shots, so she was sleeping most of the night. Chloe was particuliarly interested in Cinn and played with her lots. Juni was afraid of the rabbit. I think she may have gotten one too many water sprays from yours truly, and was afraid Cinn was still capable of squirting her!

Cinn allowed me to pet her for about 1/2 hour. I stretched out on the floor in her room, and she hopped all over me then finally settled down next to my hand. Well, what a soft and sweet bun I have now. She is one funny, active little thing!

I will not leave her alone with the cats for some time. So during the day, I will leave her in her room, door locked!

I will try to take more photos tonight!
:cool:

CathyBogart
03-30-2004, 12:44 PM
O.O wow....She is enchantingly beautiful!! What a gorgeous girlie! You're very lucky to have her...I'll bet she would have been adopted in a heartbeat with a face like that!

Vermontcat
03-30-2004, 01:05 PM
It is nice to hear that Cinnamon is settling in nicely and that the cats are getting used to her.
I love seeing photos of her, she is so cute!:)
Let me know when she is up to having visitors with cameras so my kids and I can meet her.:)

Barbara
03-30-2004, 02:38 PM
Of course I was shocked when I heard Cinnamom has got a gun but ok, it's just a water pistol:D

I understand that she is a cute little thing but if my Miley girl has tooth problems then she comes first. Filou sends her his most distinguished feelings and says. "Been there done that".

;)

sasvermont
04-01-2004, 05:58 AM
So far so good. Cinn is adjusting nicely. She loves to be held and will sit with you for quite some time. She also loves her veggies and fruits.

The cats are getting better with her but I am still not sure she is big enough to handle a problem on her own, so when I leave the house, Cinn still gets put behind closed/locked doors.

This AM Cinn came charging out of her room (she is allowed in her room and the kitchen at night, with the cats wandering about too) when I lifted the baby gate between the kitchen and dinning room. She ran, ran, ran and ended up in the computer room - a first for her. Since I have not covered any wires yet, I had to confine her for fear of her biting through an electrical cord and frying herself. She is filled with adventure. I bet she will enjoy being outside this summer, within a little fence!

Well, off to work.

I just wanted everyone to know that Cinnamon is working out nicely and is a real love.

Vermontcat, please do come over for some play time.....give me a buzz.

SAS

Cookiebaker
04-01-2004, 06:37 AM
So glad things are running smoothly!!! She is SUCH a cutie!! Hugs & carrots to Cinnamon-Bunny!!

Karen
04-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Such a cute bunny! More pictures, please. Oh, she'll just love it in better weather when she gets to go outside, I am sure!

sasvermont
04-05-2004, 05:41 AM
Cinnamon is out and has 100% rule of the house. I have proofed half of the house and have sent away for more cord protectors. So far she has not chewed on anything. I have let her run the house for the last couple of days. Today will be her first full day with the cats.

This AM, I went to the kitchen to feed the cats (I never used to feed them in the AM, but have changed their food etc.) and low and behold, I looked down and there are three cats and a rabbit, waiting to be fed.

Juni loves Cinn and rolls all over her. The other two find Cinn interesting, but don't spend much time with Cinn. Juni also loved Winter, so it does not surprise me that she spends time with Cinn too!

So, things are fun around here. My anxiety about the rabbit is over, I do believe. I have a vet appt. for the rabbit, next Saturday, just to have her vital signs checked and so that if there is a subtle problem, I will know about it. RIGHT!

What a gift this Cinnamon girl is! I am lucky!

SAS:cool: :cool:

Pam
04-05-2004, 06:23 AM
I looked down and there are three cats and a rabbit, waiting to be fed.
SAS:cool: :cool:

Oh what a cute scene that must have been. Four little heads looking up at their mommy and asking for breakfast. :) I know it is hard to find the time racing around in the morning to grab that camera, while still trying to get ready for work, but could you please start carrying it around your neck so we get to share in some of this cuteness. :p :D

Seriously, I am so glad all is going well! That transition didn't take long at all. It can only get better. Special hugs to sweet Juni. She sounds like the Welcome Wagon kitty, much as Graemer was to Gabe. :)

Logan
04-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Oh, Sallyanne, this is the best news, possible!!!! :) That Cinn sounds like she has definitely become part of the family!!! :D :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
04-05-2004, 11:06 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I'm so glad to hear that everything is working out just fine.:)

shais_mom
04-06-2004, 10:07 PM
I am so happy For you SAS!!
She is gorgeous!
Keep the uppiedates and pics coming!! :)

kimlovescats
04-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Wow, I need to check out Pet General more often!!! First of all I didn't know about Winter's passing ..... I'm so very sorry to hear of this!

However, I am so happy for you and your new bunny, Cinnamon!!! Congratulations! She is beautiful, and how wonderful that she and the kitties are friends!

Well, I actually just got my first bunny that I have had in years!!! I'm not sure if it is male or female yet ..... no one even waited on me in the store, and by the time I checked out, I was in a hurry to leave. I am so glad that I was at least able to rescue one from the clutches of an inexperienced bunny owner!!!

I had bunnies all of my life growing up, and many were sooooo very smart! I am still nervous of about the bunny vs. the cats .... don't want any one to hurt it or try to eat it!!! :eek: Are cats always good with bunnies???? Also I noticed no "cocoa puffs" any where on your floors ... how do you manage that? My bunny hops and drops ... and I have to vacuum each time he is out!!! LOL!!!

Any help appreciated!:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-06-2004, 10:27 PM
What a gift this Cinnamon girl is! I am lucky!

THIS is the best news yet, SAS. :)

It's so nice to hear you sounding happy again and having fun with your critters. Congratulations on Cinnamon! She is adorable. :D

jazzcat
04-06-2004, 11:46 PM
I just now saw this thread and what wonderful news! Welcome Cinnamon!! You have a wonderful new home!!!

catcrazylady
04-07-2004, 08:08 AM
BEAUTIFUL BUNNY!!! Cinnamon you now have a wonderful and fun home. What a cuddle bunny!!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif