PDA

View Full Version : In Response to Dudley's Passing ....

kimlovescats
03-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Dear PT Friends,

Thanks to all of those who have sent me such kind and reassuring words ...it will be a long and trying period, waiting for the 90 day incubation period to pass . At that time, according to my vet, I would have to begin testing / re-testing to see who might be affected .... then I would have to make decisions on who and how to remove the carriers. I'm not sure that I will do this.... as I now feel that I just don't want to know .... no illness will change the love I have for my kitties .... and I will be here for them through the duration.

I have many times been slow to jump when vets / doctors warn about things ... as I am one to feel that as a society, we are all over-medicated and being made into medicinal zombies in order to support the pharmaceutical and drug companies! I have noticed this profoundly every single time I have an appointment at my own doctors' offices. It never fails ... every single time I have an appointment, there are at least two different pharmaceutical salespersons waiting to hand out free samples of the latest DRUGS! The doctors are only too happy to oblige, as they somehow receive kickbacks from these companies as well. Don't get me wrong, I am the first to want medicine when I am feeling sick, and am thankful for the relief that it often brings ... but I just tend to lean towards caution where putting drugs in our bodies is concerned!

Secondly, and most importantly, I place a great deal of my decision making on my Faith in God. I believe that there is healing when and where He has it in His plan. No ... I don't believe that we should wrecklessly start epidemics, and throw caution to the wind ... afterall, He gave us the intellect to study and learn how to better care for ourselves, it is a gift! However, I do believe that He is always in control. If I didn't have my Faith in God right now, I don't think I could get through the days now, not knowing what future is in store for my cats!

My plans at this point are to celebrate LIFE ... none of us is guaranteed tomorrow, only today, this moment ... and I intend to treasure every one that I have with my precious family and purrbabies!

trayi52
03-16-2004, 08:03 PM
Beautifully said, Kim. I don't blame you. Just enjoy your babies.

I do notice the same thing at the doctors office you do. Salespeople coming in, with a room full of patients at that, no waiting for them.

Willie

catnapper
03-16-2004, 08:54 PM
I hope the next 90 days pass quickly so that you can rest and breathe again. Prayers for you and your feline family!

kimlovescats
03-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Thank you Willie and Kim!

slick
03-16-2004, 09:25 PM
I share your sediment about God. It's going to be a long 90 days but rest assured that you are not alone and we will always be here for you. :)

Hugs....

Steffi N
03-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Kim, we are all here for you. Please take this one day at a time, love and enjoy your babies and share them with us.

I agree that something is wrong when pharmaceutical companies spend more on marketing and promotion than they do on research. However, I am grateful that my doctor can give me samples of the costly medicine I need.

jazzcat
03-16-2004, 11:53 PM
Kim, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

krazyaboutkatz
03-17-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
I hope the next 90 days pass quickly so that you can rest and breathe again. Prayers for you and your feline family! I couldn't have said it better. Please take care Kim. {{{HUGS}}}

PayItForward
03-17-2004, 01:38 AM
{{{Hugs}}} Kim, We'll think hard about your cats over the next 90 days.

Kirsten
03-17-2004, 05:08 AM
Kim, I'm so sorry. I have just learnt what has happened. :(

I wish you and your kitties all the luck in the world for negative test results. May the next 90 days pass quickly!

Kirsten

catcrazylady
03-17-2004, 05:44 AM
Kim, you have your heart and faith in the right place. No matter how much we stress or worry the outcome will be what it is meant to be. Enjoy your furbabies to the fullest and let God take care of the rest. It is so hard sometimes to give up trying to control everything around us when in reality there is nothing we can do about it. I'm a firm believer that when you have done everything in your humanly power to fix things and there is no more that you can do then it is time to "Let Go and Let God". I think the biggest show of faith is letting go and trusting that what happens is the right thing and then being able to accept it. This is the hard part for us all!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif
Go love your babies Kim and have fun with them!

davidpizzica
03-17-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Dear PT Friends,

Thanks to all of those who have sent me such kind and reassuring words ...it will be a long and trying period, waiting for the 90 day incubation period to pass . At that time, according to my vet, I would have to begin testing / re-testing to see who might be affected .... then I would have to make decisions on who and how to remove the carriers. I'm not sure that I will do this.... as I now feel that I just don't want to know .... no illness will change the love I have for my kitties .... and I will be here for them through the duration.

I have many times been slow to jump when vets / doctors warn about things ... as I am one to feel that as a society, we are all over-medicated and being made into medicinal zombies in order to support the pharmaceutical and drug companies! I have noticed this profoundly every single time I have an appointment at my own doctors' offices. It never fails ... every single time I have an appointment, there are at least two different pharmaceutical salespersons waiting to hand out free samples of the latest DRUGS! The doctors are only too happy to oblige, as they somehow receive kickbacks from these companies as well. Don't get me wrong, I am the first to want medicine when I am feeling sick, and am thankful for the relief that it often brings ... but I just tend to lean towards caution where putting drugs in our bodies is concerned!

Secondly, and most importantly, I place a great deal of my decision making on my Faith in God. I believe that there is healing when and where He has it in His plan. No ... I don't believe that we should wrecklessly start epidemics, and throw caution to the wind ... afterall, He gave us the intellect to study and learn how to better care for ourselves, it is a gift! However, I do believe that He is always in control. If I didn't have my Faith in God right now, I don't think I could get through the days now, not knowing what future is in store for my cats!

My plans at this point are to celebrate LIFE ... none of us is guaranteed tomorrow, only today, this moment ... and I intend to treasure every one that I have with my precious family and purrbabies! It's going to be a rough 90 days, but you have your furbabies with you, and the support from me and your fellow PTers out there!

catmandu
03-17-2004, 09:18 AM
We , your friends at the Found Cat Hotel miss Dudley , and pray that the 90 Days comes , and goes and all are safe , and well. All our Prayers to the Lord , to make your Cats Healthy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Oh Kim, I am just so sorry you're having to deal with this. With all the sickness you've nursed all your babies through in the last year, this is the last thing you need. :(

I will be hoping and praying that poor little Dudley was the only one with the disease. I just can't bear the thought that any of your other babies may have contracted the disease.

It will be a tough 90 days, but know that we are here for you. As usual, I can see that your head and your heart are in the right place, and remember that God will not ask more of you than you can endure.

{{{Hugs}}} to you and to each and every one of your babies, and PLEASE let me know if there is anything at all I can do to help.

Cataholic
03-17-2004, 09:52 AM
Kim,
Your faith is an inspiration to me, truly. Prayers and soft thoughts to you and your kitties at this difficult time.
Johanna

Prairie Purrs
03-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Sending lots of positive energy your way . . . may all your kitties stay well and strong.

kimlovescats
03-17-2004, 01:00 PM
Love and thanks to you all for your friendship, support, and prayers!

((((HUGS))))

Miss Meow
03-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Kim, I don't know what to say in the face of such a stressful situation. But I'm thinking about you and your cats and hoping that there's some good news in 90 days. You've been through enough pain, and deserve happiness.

ChrisH
03-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Beautifully said Kim. You and your kitties will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs
Chris

rg_girlca
03-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Kim, very well said. My prayers and thoughts will be with you and your furbabies.

T & P couldn't have said it better;
"It will be a tough 90 days, but know that we are here for you. As usual, I can see that your head and your heart are in the right place, and remember that God will not ask more of you than you can endure."

Take care of yourself Kim and remember, we are all here for you, for whatever reason.

(((((HUGS)))))

IttyBittyKitty
03-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Kim, you never cease to amaze me, with your beautiful heart, your ever enduring ability to cope with stress and your great love for your kitties! You are an inspiration to us all. Pixie and Randi have sent you some nosekissies and Randi says that rubbing his tum tum always makes hoomans feel better. I am sending hugs and prayers your way, we here at PT will be with you 100% over the next 90 days ... and beyond!

kimlovescats
03-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts, Miss Meow, Chris, Lorraine, and Itty Bitty Kitty. They mean much more than you know! ;)

rosethecopycat
03-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Praying for you and every little soul in your household.

QueenScoopalot
03-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Kim, Sending prayers your way. That's a devastating virus to have to deal with, but from what I've heard it's longterm exposure that spreads it. I know that's not much consolation, but it's a glimmer of hope! It's a persistant worry for those of us who rescue. Hope all's forever well with the rest of your babies.

Craftlady
03-17-2004, 08:45 PM
"quote" T & P couldn't have said it better;
"It will be a tough 90 days, but know that we are here for you. As usual, I can see that your head and your heart are in the right place, and remember that God will not ask more of you than you can endure."

I keep in mind that God won't burden us with anymore than we can handle. At this point in time less than 2 weeks since Butterscotch passed away, I don't know if I can handle having my gang re-tested right away. We were going to make the appt next week but as of yet it hasnt been made. The sudden death just drained me emotionally. My mind isn't in the right place yet. Also, plain and simple I'm scared to hear the results.

I keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. We will all get through this ordeal.

Nomilynn
03-18-2004, 12:04 AM
Kim,

I can't think of anything to say other then I am thinking of you and yours, and I'm praying for the very best outcome.

Naomi