PDA

View Full Version : It never ends!!!!!!

Glacier
03-16-2004, 04:20 PM
So since late February, we've had a wolf try kill two dogs, lost Hoodoo, Pete's sick again(he's one of my cats) and last night Muskwa started hacking and hacking and hacking. After being at the clinic til almost closing yesterday with Pete, I was there when they unlocked the door this morning with Muskwa. At least the sheer number of animals here has assured us of great service from my vet. I didn't have an app't for Muskwa, but I knew they'd see him for sure.

Muskwa has a virus that is similar to kennel cough, but not exactly--some variant of it likely. It seems to be making the rounds of the local sled dog kennels. Several teams in the local races have gotten sick and many of them live around us so it likely floated into our kennel. Fortunately, Muskwa is young and healthy and this should run it's course in a week or so. I'm a little paranoid right now though as Muskwa is Hoodoo's sire. Hoodoo was young and healthy too right up until his last day! I'm supposed to keep Muskwa away from my other dogs, especially my two old timers. Easier said than done and guess who he was in the house with last night when this started!!! ARGH!! I just know this stupid virus will run through my whole kennel now.

Any day now our luck has got to change!!!

RobiLee
03-16-2004, 05:06 PM
I am so sorry about your run of bad luck. I sure do hope things start looking up for you. Keep us posted on Muskwa and let us know how he is doing. I sure do hope that it doesn't spread around to the other dogs. I'll be thinking about you guys and sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Hugs...Robin

wolfie
03-16-2004, 06:04 PM
Oh, I hope he gets better soon!

captain
03-16-2004, 07:17 PM
That bad luck has to run out sometime .............. I would like it to be NOW!!! :D

There - that should do it!! :)

ramanth
03-17-2004, 08:22 AM
Oh no. :( I'm so sorry for your run of bad luck.

I hope Muskwa and Pete feel better real soon and that none of the others get sick. :)

amoore
03-17-2004, 08:36 AM
I hope that muskwa and pete get well soon, and that the rest of the pets stays healthy. I hope that good luck comes your way soon.:)

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-17-2004, 09:06 AM
So sorry to hear about Muskwa's virus. Hopefully it won't spread to everyone.

Get Better Soon, Muskwa!