PDA

View Full Version : grrrrrr!!!

lute
03-16-2004, 01:00 PM
grrrrrr!
i filled out an application to volunteer at the humane society.......4 WEES AGO!!! they still havnt contacted me. i have a friend that is very close t the shelter peole and fosters dgs fr them and stuff ke that. she said she's make a call for me,but it's been 5 days sinse she said she would and dont knw if she has or nt! i hate being annoying,but want t volunteer there soooo bad!!!
do you think they dnt want me r could be on a list or what?

aly
03-16-2004, 01:23 PM
It really depends on the shelter. Different places have different policies on accepting volunteers. If you are really curious, a call to the shelter wouldn't hurt. Just ask the process of accepting new volunteers and ask them if they know your status.

lv4dogs
03-16-2004, 01:27 PM
I would call them or stop in to talk to them if you want it that bad. I know one of the shelters in my area is huge & they have so many people that apply for volunteer/fostering etc.. that they just have you fill out an application & then once a month to once every other month they have an *interview* for all that applied at the same time, they just can't do it individually. Maybe they operate the same way?

I think it would actually prove yourself to be a better worker if you contacted them before they contact you.

good luck & thanks for helping out the animals!:D