PDA

View Full Version : Whetto is back :(

Tonya
03-16-2004, 07:55 AM
I just recently erased his pics from my files because they disturbed me, but some of you probably remember the white pitbull that had been fought that I'd found. (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36794&highlight=Whetto)

I'd assumed that he was gone now because I hadn't heard barking from that house. Last night, I went to let Sarah outside, and Whetto was sleeping on our front porch. I was half asleep and before I realized what was going on, Sarah had chased him out of the yard. :rolleyes: Thank God he didn't turn on her, she would have been dead in two seconds. I put her away and set out to catch him. He's even more scared then before. He really wanted to come to me, but he kept chickening out. And then, this morning, he was sleeping on my porch again. Poor baby! He remembers me. I put food and water out. This time if I catch him, I'll be sure he doesn't go back to those evil people. It was dark outside, so I couldn't tell if he's still being fought.

ramanth
03-16-2004, 08:01 AM
Oh poor Whetto. :(

I hope you catch him!

pitbullmommy
03-16-2004, 09:41 AM
oh the poor baby, I am glad you got the other one out of there. But are you SURE he is fighting them? Sasha has scabs one her but that is from a allergic reaction to plastic. The Scabs were really bad for a little while, she looked roughed up too. But also if this guy hit her in front of you, you never know he might be the one that makes those marks. he might hit him with other things. It is really a hard situation. you are a great person for trying to help. I wish the would do something for this dog (not kill it) if it is adoptable.good luck and keep us updated.:(

wolfie
03-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Oh, poor Whetto! :( I hope you can find a place for him to go where he won't be put down! Maybe if you look online for a pit rescue?

catnapper
03-16-2004, 10:02 AM
Poor guy! Isn't there some kind of law against training a dog to fight? I mean, aren't those knds of fights illegal? This is truly disturbing. This is what gives the breed the bad reputation it has:( I'm glad he feels he has a safe place to go with you... you are an angel for helping him.

Tonya
03-16-2004, 08:28 PM
I'm sure that whetto is abused and/or fought. If you would have seen the pics, you'd know. I was covered in blood just from getting him into the crate. And they were all obvious bitemarks.

Wolfie, I spoken to a few pitbull rescues last time. They won't take a dog that has been fought. To be honest, he really isn't adoptable. He's a mess. He's been abused way to much.

I came home today and the food is gone and the water spilled, but he's not around. I'll just keep my eye out for him.

micki76
03-16-2004, 08:32 PM
As much as I hate to say it, he probably needs to be pts. It will end his suffering, and he will truly not make a good pet as a former fighter. :(

I just hate some people. :mad:

Tonya
03-16-2004, 08:33 PM
I know, Micki. It makes me sad, but he's much better off at Rainbow Bridge then anywhere else. If I get ahold of him again, that is what I'm going to do. It's a shame.

Cheshirekatt
03-16-2004, 08:40 PM
Do you think he's adoptable?

It's very sad, and a last result.....but sometimes, very rarely, the best thing for a dog like that is to be put to sleep. :( Evil, evil people.

I don't want anyone to think I'd do something like this lightly, but I did have to do it in one instance. I came across a pitty, much like this one that no rescue would take (I couldn't hardly blame them) and I never fully trusted him to send him home with anyone. I'm willing to try to work through almost anything with a pitty, but this dog had been broken.....physically and mentally for too long. It was the worst decision I ever had to make but I'll never forget the look of relief in his eyes when he passed. I'm crying right now just remembering it. Poor Eugene. He would have been a great dog if he hadn't belonged to evil people.

Tonya
03-16-2004, 09:05 PM
What you just said gives me the chills. That will be the situation with Whetto. The last time I had him, I couldn't even describe him as a dog. It's hard to explain, I think you understand. Like you said, he's been broken down way to much physically and emotionally.

tomkatzid
03-17-2004, 12:22 AM
cheshirekatt.....what you wrote reminded me of what I saw on animal cops detroit recently.......they brought in a bunch of fighters, and this one old scarred one with no ears had to be put down, the lady vet hugged him and said to watch while he gave her a kiss, even after all the bad things humans had put him through he still had some love in him......she cried while injecting him, but it was the right thing to do.......I commend you and tonya for having the guts to handle these things that others just ignore......tom

Tonya
03-17-2004, 06:56 AM
I woke up last night to him barking. His bark sounds so hoarse right now. He was up the street barking at the neighbor's dog through their chain link fence. I couldn't catch him, but I will. Every other time that I've caught these people's dogs, they didn't even know they were missing. I doubt they are even looking for him.

I have to be delicate with him, because I don't trust him totally. I don't want to call animal control though, I'm afraid they'll want to give him back like last time.

Dog1,Cats2
03-17-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm crying as I read about this poor dog; and the situation mentioned on the animal show -- it's not the dog's fault, but they bear the brunt of the lack of humanity of some so-called "humans".

Tonya, thank you for caring and trying to help.

dukedogsmom
03-18-2004, 05:53 AM
Poor dog. I remember what he looked like. He's probably still being fought. I hope you can catch him and give him a much better life. I hope those jerks pay for their meaness.

wolfie
03-18-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
I woke up last night to him barking. His bark sounds so hoarse right now. He was up the street barking at the neighbor's dog through their chain link fence. I couldn't catch him, but I will. Every other time that I've caught these people's dogs, they didn't even know they were missing. I doubt they are even looking for him.

:( I hope you catch him though. :(