PDA

View Full Version : How often do you tell your cats...

Kirsten
03-15-2004, 02:52 PM
...that they're the cutest and how much you love them? :)

Just curious because I noticed I'm telling mine all the time... ;)

(Just wonder if they understand what I'm telling them! LOL)

Kirsten

sirrahbed
03-15-2004, 02:58 PM
:D Practically ALL THE TIME!!:D They may not understand the words but they know the tone of voice! Sometimes I tease them and in my sweetest voice, say something like "you are the nastiest brattiest creature I ever saw and you stink, too!" and they love it as much as the mushy talk:p
They KNOW who loves them!!

catlover4ever
03-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Everyday, as a matter of fact, when I get ready to leave the house for the day, I seek out all 5 and give them a head rub, a kiss and tell them I love them and I will see them when I get home.....kind of like what I do with my husband, except I don't give him a chin rub. :D

sqwelch
03-15-2004, 03:15 PM
You can never tell them too much. Bonnie just had to get used to my head kisses I'm afraid she had no option, she's not quite putting her head up for a kiss like her bruv Jock used to do but I'm getting there !! Plus I'm not lying she really is the most prettiest girl in the whole world;)

RICHARD
03-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Only twice a day.....when I leave and when I come home....;)

catnapper
03-15-2004, 03:39 PM
All the time! I get some grumbling from Allen when he doesn't exactly want to be loved, so I tell him that "its what you have to put up with in order to have this happy home.":D

Craftlady
03-15-2004, 04:12 PM
Every day and at night it's "good night, mom loves you, you sleep well, I will see you in the morning". I've been known to hunt them up throughout the house to tell them :) Now I tell Butterscotch in heaven to sleep well too, can't forget him. :)

RedHedd
03-15-2004, 04:32 PM
All the time! I tell them they are the cutest cats in the whole world and that I love them Munches and Munches of Munch Bunchies! :D

trayi52
03-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Practically ALL THE TIME!! They may not understand the words but they know the tone of voice! Sometimes I tease them and in my sweetest voice, say something like "you are the nastiest brattiest creature I ever saw and you stink, too!" and they love it as much as the mushy talk

Now that is just the cutest thing! I can just hear you saying that.

I tell Grover all the time, and sometimes I just say '' Hi ugly, mommy loves you'', She just looks happy, hehehe. Of course I know my baby is NOT ugly!!;)

Willie

Sirrahsim
03-15-2004, 05:21 PM
I am ALWAYS telling Boomer that:) and it must be a genetic thing, because I will also say things like "well you've been such a bratty little kitty today haven't you? aren't you the nawteeist thing!" in a mushy voice and get Boomer to give me that adoring face:) I LOVE the "I love you Meowmie" face, it's so precious. Is there a cuter thing in the entire world?

Steffi N
03-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Not only do I tell Lovable I love him. I SING love songs to him too. :)

sirrahved
03-15-2004, 06:01 PM
More Marsha than Pickles. Marsha hears things like: "I love you my Marshamudo!" "You're such a pretty kitty." "Look and my curly girl!" "I love you my shuta-do."

With Pickie it's more like, "Pickles, get down!" "Pickles, what ARE you doing?" "Pickles, BE QUIET!" But then he curls up under my feet, or he lays quietly with Marsh on my chest, and then he's my lover bear.

rg_girlca
03-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Gee after reading the previous posts, I hate to say that I don't tell them I love them as often as you guys do. I'm not a bad mommy, really i'm not.
Each one is different. With my baby Chipper, I tell him that he is mommy's precious little boy and I love him soooooooooo much. He looks at me with the sweetest little face and it just melts my heart. (He's my special boy)
Mooky, I tell him that he is daddy's big bully of a cat, but mommy's big boy. I pet him and then he bites me.
Katie, I tell her that she is mommy's pretty lady and she talks to me everytime I say something to her.
With Buddy, I tell him that he is such a good boy.
Every day though when I leave for work, I tell them all, "Bye bye my babies, be good and I won't be long."

BastetsMum
03-15-2004, 06:43 PM
I tell Bastet all the time how much I love her.

She is my *mookie* at the moment

:)

jazzcat
03-15-2004, 06:44 PM
A lot! Jazzy hears it the most. It's like she thrives off hearing how beautiful and smart and sweet she is. Scout is starting to really respond to it too.

Ripley, I try but then I have a day like today with him and I don't really feel like saying it so much to him. He was really a rear end to me and Jazz today.:(

sirrahbed
03-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Mooky, I tell him that he is daddy's big bully of a cat, but mommy's big boy. I pet him and then he bites me.

:D Sorta like daddy's girl Emily - I try to snuggle her and love on her and if her precious daddy is nearby, she turns her butt to me!

NoahsMommy
03-15-2004, 11:50 PM
All the freaking time! :D

Let's see. I say "I love you" to them each time I leave and come home to all eight. When I feed them morning and evening, I tell them to enjoy thier food. When they've finished, I ask each of them how "breakfast" or "din din" was.

I seem to have new nicknames each day for each one. Its a wonder they even know their names. ;)

Basie's new name is "Cricket", because that's how he makes noise, he chirps like one. :)

Hermie is wormie

Noah is "my man"

Phoebe is my "babee guuuurl!" :D hee hee, I'm in love with that baby girl!!!

Noel is my little tail chaser this weekend. She's too funny!

Olivia is "outside kitty" as she's been spending her days outside in the enclosure to destress and enjoy her med-meds. ;)

Micah is my Brittish Moggy. ;) Oh, and my honey bear.

Samson is my little punky. (pumpkin, not punk)

Not sure what it'll be next week.

Gosh....I'm kind of a freak....

Sirrahsim
03-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Gosh....I'm kind of a freak....
Lol! You're not a freak at all! Boomer also has a million different names, depending on the day, the weather, his mood, my mood, the current yen rate, whatever:D Generally he's my Boomie-Butt, though quite often he is my Poo-Poo-Kitty or Kee-Kee-Poo and bubby-poo and tweetie-pie or kitty-pot-pie(that one cracks my husband up SOOOO bad) yeah, I could go on and on and on. SO either you're not a freak, or we both are!!

Generally when I first get home I call out "Where's my tweet lil' poo-poo-kee-kee?? Were you a good wittle bubba-boo today?"

AmberLee
03-16-2004, 02:32 AM
hee, hee. I'm feeling a little more normal now. In addition to lots of love talk, and kisses, I tell my dynamic duo as I leave for work, "Be good, take care of yourself, and each other. Meowmy's going to work to earn money to buy kibble for the furbabies." It does seem to calm them a bit as I leave...

auggie
03-16-2004, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Sirrahsim
Lol! You're not a freak at all! Boomer also has a million different names, depending on the day, the weather, his mood, my mood, the current yen rate, whatever:D Generally he's my Boomie-Butt, though quite often he is my Poo-Poo-Kitty or Kee-Kee-Poo and bubby-poo and tweetie-pie or kitty-pot-pie(that one cracks my husband up SOOOO bad) yeah, I could go on and on and on. SO either you're not a freak, or we both are!!

Generally when I first get home I call out "Where's my tweet lil' poo-poo-kee-kee?? Were you a good wittle bubba-boo today?"
LOL!
Usually I refrain from baby talk when I have company.
One time my neighbor overheard me talking to my kitties like that, while I was petting them on the deck in the back yard.
Red faced and embarrass I ran back inside.

:D

sirrahbed
03-16-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by auggie
LOL!
Usually I refrain from baby talk when I have company.
One time my neighbor overheard me talking to my kitties like that, while I was petting them on the deck in the back yard.
Red faced and embarrass I ran back inside.

:D

ROFLOL!!! too funny!!! The petnames are absolutely for the safety of our four walls. The neighbors think I am quirky enough:D :D :D

catcrazylady
03-16-2004, 05:57 AM
OK you are all as nuts as I am!!! I knew there was a reason I loved this place so much!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
I talk baby talk to them all and its all the time! Most of the time my hubby doesn't even answer when I speak to him because he thinks I am talking to the cats. I talk to them constantly! Believe it or not its my nastiest kitty, Maggie Sue, that loves it the most. Her favorite thing is for me to cup her head in my hands and tell her just how beautiful she is and how she really isn't as nasty as everyone thinks, and that she doesn't look like a fat hairy monkey like her daddy tells her all the time. She just turns to mush which then turns me into mush and the whole thing would become just gross to an outsider!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif
Before I leave every morning I tell them all goodbye and whoever was good the night before gets left in charge. Usually I tell Peanut Butter to take care of the crew.
Are we all madly in love or what????http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

moosmom
03-16-2004, 08:45 AM
I'm ALWAYS telling my four-legged kids how lucky I am to have them in my life and that my life would be nothing without them in it!

catmandu
03-16-2004, 09:12 AM
Every Morning , and at Night , I try to Hug them all , and tell all my Companions , just how much they mean to me , and how they have filled my Heart , with LOVE! Blees my Little Fur Pals!

nsweezie
03-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Every single day! Usually when they are cuddling with me , or before I go to sleep.
I often tell them as well how happy I am that they decided to come and live with me!
Another favorite thing to do is to sing made up songs to my babies, which I think they love!

kitten645
03-16-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm just laughing here. Glad to know I'm not alone in my silliness. I definately tell them both before I leave the house but about a million times each day. Do you all think they understand what kisses are? My Calvin cuddles with me every night and puts his head up for kisses. Of course I provide lots!! I completely believe he understands what kisses mean and he LOVES them. He's my widdle snuggle bunny. And I also have nicknames..I call them both my mama's even though they are "the boys" too.
Claudia:D

Cataholic
03-16-2004, 11:38 AM
All the time. In the morning, I say, "be good, behave, be cats!" I say bye to each one, and hello to each one. I don't know that I say, "I love you" specifically or often, but, I do snuggle and coo to each of them each day.

Uabassoon
03-16-2004, 11:42 AM
I tell them all the time. Everytime they jump in my lap, or when I feed them, or when they are in my sight. So I guess that's like about a thousand times a day :)

emily_the_spoiled
03-16-2004, 11:49 AM
I tell my guys every morning that I will be back later and they need to behave (and that I love them). But I did make one exception this morning... when I went to pick up my bag for work I discovered that someone (probably Emily) had peed on the bag. Of course this had to happen on a morning where I was running late for the train... I was not impressed as I put my entire hand into the present! But I all will be forgiven by the time I get home this evening. I even ordered them a new scratching tree online (talk about being spoiled)!!!

sirrahved
03-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Put me in the freak category too, I guess. Marsha and Pickles have more names than Rikitikitembonosahrembocharichariruchipipperripemb o! Some times Pickles gets confused, because I call him my picky-pie, and I call Skittles my Skitty-pie. I think Pickles is understandably confused.

RedHedd
03-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by sirrahved
Rikitikitembonosahrembocharichariruchipipperripemb o! Some times Pickles gets confused, because I call him my picky-pie, and I call Skittles my Skitty-pie. WOW! You've got me beat! I won't even attempt to pronounce that. :D I have my "Meeshes" and I tell them every day that I love you Meeshes to Peeshes! and then I call them Mitza and Moosha .... I'm sure THEY get confused! :D

trinity
03-17-2004, 06:19 AM
Every morning as I go out the door I make sure to tell them all how much I love them. My husband thinks I'm goofy but I feel like if I say that, they'll be safe all day and nothing will happen to them.

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-17-2004, 12:35 PM
I kiss them and tell them "Mommie loooooves you" all the time!

I also "slow-dance" with Ally and sing her "our" special song:

And there ain't no way
I'm lettin' you go now
And there ain't no way
And there ain't not how
Never see that day…

Cause I'm keeping you forever and for always
We will be together all of our day
Wanna wake up every morning to your sweet face
Always

(Forever and Always by Shania Twain)

I am such a head-case:o

Kirsten
03-17-2004, 12:48 PM
Cause I'm keeping you forever and for always
We will be together all of our day
Wanna wake up every morning to your sweet face
Always

Oh, this is so sweet! :)

Kirsten

Randy_K
03-17-2004, 02:32 PM
With Abys it would be difficult not to tell them you love them. They shower you with so much attention and affection - and so many head bonkies - you just can't help but to adore them.

IttyBittyKitty
03-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten
...that they're the cutest and how much you love them? :)

Just curious because I noticed I'm telling mine all the time... ;)

(Just wonder if they understand what I'm telling them! LOL)

Kirsten

All the time! I think they get a bit embarrassed by the constant adulation, but I bet that Pixie remembers the yukky shelter so she probably doesn't mind too much!

rizzy
03-17-2004, 06:31 PM
I tell Lucky that I love him every day before I go anywhere. Same with my dog and fish. lol