PDA

View Full Version : pregnancy questions

pitbullmommy
03-15-2004, 02:35 PM
I posed a question in Dog Health:
My sasha got pregnant about 3 weeks ago and I really dont know much about pregnant dogs for example she and sabeth play alot and pretty hard at that. I heard that she will know when it is to hard to play and stop. but another question should i change her food? like to better food or leave it the same?
also when does she start showing? I know her teets will get bigger and they are.... but like her tummy when will it start getting bigger? oh by the way sabeth is going to get fixed in 2 weeks!!
:) please anything would help me right now:)
thanks

Tonya
03-15-2004, 02:41 PM
I don't know a whole lot about breeding. I have friends who are experienced, I'll have to ask them. I am sure there are folks in PT that can guide you also, alot of them are involved in rescue and have came across a few pregnant doggies. There aren't any breeders on PT that I can think of though. I'm glad to hear that Sabeth is getting fixed. Are you going to fix Sasha after the babies too?

I don't think I've seen pics of your Sabeth and Sasha yet. Do you have any that you can post? I love pitbulls!

pitbullmommy
03-15-2004, 02:44 PM
I am going to get sasha fixed asap. and I have mamy many pic but no scanner or digi cam. I want to post some really bad. I love seeing everyone elses babies and want everyone to see mine. is there anyother way i can post them? I also wanted to get a signature on there with there pics.

Tonya
03-15-2004, 02:46 PM
Awwww, I wanna see the pics! The only other thing I can think of is go to like Walmart or something...sometimes they'll scan your pics onto a disc.

Tonya
03-15-2004, 02:47 PM
BTW, I have a 1/2 decent digital camera that I got at Target for $88. I just saw that they have them on sale again. It's not the best, but it works!

pitbullmommy
03-15-2004, 02:49 PM
that is a great idea ill try it tonight :)

Tonya
03-15-2004, 02:49 PM
p.s.

Hehe, scattered thoughts. Sorry.

I'm glad to hear that you are going to spay Sasha too. It's sad because I always see alot of pitbulls at the local shelters. I'm always afraid for them because some people try to adopt them with intentions of fighting them. Our dog pound automatically puts all pitbulls to sleep because of that. :(

pitbullmommy
03-15-2004, 02:52 PM
btw your babies a beautiful and that is so mean about pitts at the shelter. I wasnt going to breed her but we got sabeth very unexpectdly and sasha went into heat! errrrr. anyways thanks and hopefull i can get those disks soon.

Tonya
03-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Cool! I'll be waiting for pics. :D

I thought you might like this thread:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42547&highlight=bully+breed

lv4dogs
03-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Glad to hear papa dog is getting neuterd soon & mommy is too after her pups!!

I would put her on a high quality puppy food asap, but switch her over gradually.

Ussually a mom knows when too hard is too hard, unless she is very young &/or high strung, also sometimes first time moms may not know just because of lack of experience or they may not care about the pups. I would monitor them when they play, If there is toomuch rough housing, especially in the tummy area I would seperate them.

Each dog & breed is different but you should start to see her tummy get a little bigger within a month or so. They are ussually pregnant for about 63 days (15 weeks).

good luck & can't wait for pics!!!:D

wolfie
03-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Ooh, I want to see some pics too! :D

It's a good idea to switch Sasha over to puppy food gradually in about a week, and keep her on it still after the pups are born when they are nursing. Also she may need to eat more than normal.

Good luck! I hope she's a good mommy! ^_^ (And Sabeth a good daddy too! :))

pitbullmommy
03-16-2004, 08:25 AM
ok i have noticed that sasha is really lathargic(sp) Is that normal? I am going to take her to the vet in a few days.

Tonya
03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
I know I was lethargic when I was pregnant. lol. My own pregnancy is all I can compare Sasha too. hehe. :p