PDA

View Full Version : How is Emily?

sirrahved
03-15-2004, 02:30 PM
I hope her vet visit went well.

sirrahbed
03-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Thanks for asking Devon! I answered in a long post on the other thread "I think Emily is sick". She is OK:) Here is what I wrote - will just copy and paste:
Just back from the vet with Emily and this time I was NOT a neurotic Meowmie. He took swabs of her runny nose and eyes and says she definitely has a rhinitis in the early stages, but a few more days and she would likely have been a sick little kitty. Sooo...she got a shot and came home with antibiotic drops plus antibiotic eye and nose drops. Now, I just need to convince my son that he needs to keep this up for a few days after we are gone. I am hoping that after the next 4 days of my nursing and dosing her, that she will be feeling much better. She sure does look pathetic though - just sitting in her meatloaf with her runny eyes and sneezing. She won't even eat a bite!! The vet said not to worry if she does not want food for a few days as long as she drinks water. (like Lori said, her nose is stopped up and if she can't smell, she will not be interested in food) He did not think the litter deodorizer had anything to do with it. My poor baby! But, at least we caught it nice and early and it is not serious! Terrible timing though!!

rg_girlca
03-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Awww poor Emily. I'm glad you brought her to the vet and caught it in the early stages. I hope she feels better soon.