PDA

View Full Version : Open mouth, insert foot...

Tonya
03-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Hehe, I stuck my foot in my mouth today! As most of you know, I work for the phone company. Well, a few weeks ago, I had to work with an electrician that was a total slime. He was cocky, conceited, rude, and all over me. I couldn't stand him. He kept criticizing my work and telling me how to do my job. He was mad because I refused to cut a cable down from the air when there were 10 cars parked below it. I told him we'd come back when he got the cars moved. This guy seemed to think that he had to have his chest against my shoulder or on my back in order to talk to me. I had to tell him to get out of my personal space and stop breathing down my neck...

Well, today, I had to go back there with one of our linemen to wreck out the old cable. The electrian was going to meet us there to "make sure we do it right". So, while we're waiting, I'm telling the lineman about what an &@#& this electrican was. -About how he was all over me and thought he was God, etc, etc, etc...

So, the electrician pulls up, and lo and behold....it was my co-worker's brother-in-law!!!!! He's all "That's my sisters husband...you said he did what?!" On one hand, I felt a bit bad for getting him busted, but on the other hand, he deserved it! What a slime! My co-worker acknowledged that he's a jerk.

pitbullmommy
03-15-2004, 02:04 PM
that is so funny people like that shouldnt be married anyways! if they want to flirt they should never have gotten married. good for you!!!

jenfer
03-15-2004, 02:55 PM
Serve him right.

catnapper
03-15-2004, 05:02 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Was the brother-in-law shocked? Or did you basically confirm his suspicions? And it DOES serve him right! You never know who knows who - that whole seven degrees of separation concept. When you're a jerk, someone's bound to prove it!

captain
03-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Tonya,

I *almost* did that today.

I am currently involved in a project at work, where we had one man be an absolute IDI*T.

Today, I am working in a different location - and was asked by a guy how it was all going. I sighed, and was about to go off on a tirade ........... when he stopped me short, and introduced me to another man ........... a very, very senior Manager .........

WHEW!!!!! So I reduced my tirade to political, well mannered, specifics!!!

Otherwise, i would have been with you - foot in mouth!

Fox-Gal
03-15-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by jenfer
Serve him right.

Ditto. :D

ramanth
03-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Serves him right indeed!!

Felicia's Mom
03-16-2004, 08:41 AM
I agree with the others; "Serves him right!"