PDA

View Full Version : Luna's personality seems to be changing

Kirsten
03-15-2004, 05:28 AM
I've noticed some changes in Luna's behavior during the last couple of weeks.

For a long time, maybe a year or so, she's been a lazy, almost lethargic cat that had her daily routine - sleeping during the night, watching birds in the morning, resting for the rest of the day - that's all. Of course she was also playing and cuddling with Lily, but Lily has always been the "driving force" here... Luna often seemed to be depressed to me.

Now she's more active and more interested; several times, I saw her sitting on furnitures, playing with picture frames or plants. She was playing in a cardboard box the other day. She's also a lap cat now, wants to cuddle all the time and slept on my chest the other day while I was watching tv (the last time she did that was when she was a kitten). She also seems to trust me 100%, she even lets me clean her teeth now (of course she doesn't like it, but she would let me do it)..

All in all, she seems to feel so much better and happier now. I think one reason is Lily, who tought her that life is much more fun when you're a bit naw-tee. :) But Luna also had to deal with so many health problems last year: the UTI, the struvite crystals, the clostridia, the diarrhea and the surgery she had + the move and the new kitten... I just hope her new behavior comes from the fact that she's feeling better and healthier now....

Kirsten

catnapper
03-15-2004, 06:24 AM
I was thinking that her health problems were the reason she was lethargic. I know I'm no fun when I'm feeling sick, but when I'm feeling 100% I am practically bouncing off the walls.

I am so glad to hear that Luna is acting like a a happy, healthy cat. I'm sure the Naw-Tee Miss Lily has something to do with it too.

sirrahbed
03-15-2004, 06:42 AM
I agree with catnapper. Part of the lethargy was not feeling well. And now, Lily is rekindling the kitten part of her!! This is a great thing!:)

Killearn Kitties
03-15-2004, 07:47 AM
I really hope this is an indication that Luna is feeling better within herself now and her health problems will soon be behind her.

jenluckenbach
03-15-2004, 07:55 AM
I bet it is wonderful to see Luna frisky! I bet she is feeling GOOD and wants to show it off! YEAH!!

Felicia's Mom
03-15-2004, 08:02 AM
At first, I thought she was worse instead of better. That was when I had only read the subject line. I'm glad she is feeling happier!!

Steffi N
03-15-2004, 08:37 AM
Luna, I am very glad that you are healthy, happy, playful, and loving again. Skritchies for you. :)

catmandu
03-15-2004, 09:00 AM
I think that Luna realizes that Lily , is not there as a threat , but as a Life Long Companion , that she can enjoy life with , and share common experiences. The Found Cats discovered that , and are a Happy Clowder!

catcrazylady
03-15-2004, 09:08 AM
That's wonderful news about Luna!! Maybe all her health issues have turned around and she is starting to finally fee her oats! Keep it up Luna and maybe you can give Lily a run for the money! Poor meowmie, but it would be great to hear about all the nawtee things you do!!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Kirsten
03-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Thanks! :)

Yes, it's nice actually that Luna is a bit naw-tee now! :) I think it was a good decision to get Lily for Luna as a companion. :) She seems to be so much happier these days. :)

Kirsten

jazzcat
03-15-2004, 11:42 AM
I too was worried something was wrong from the title. I'm glad it's a change for the better.

We've noticed a big change in Ripley the past month or so. He is playing a lot, even asking us to play with him and when he plays he is very kittenish. He actually plays harder and better than Jazz (who acts too high and mighty to play) and can hold his own with Scout. I love this change in him.

Have fun being a little naw-tee, Luna!!!