PDA

View Full Version : Yay, I get to go see the Get Up Kids in Portland, AND my family is coming to visit...

luckies4me
03-14-2004, 09:48 PM
for spring break! :D

I am so excited. I went to the GUK's website today and saw that they are playing at the Aladdin theatre at the end of this month and tickets are still available. So I am begging Dan to buy them for me LOL, and to drive me to Portland. I saw them when they played in Eugene at the Wow Hall and they were so good. The Wow hall is a small venue so it was great to see them there. Of course I will be begging for Mass Pike again, as that's my favorite song! :D I'm just so excited because I haven't been to a concert in ages since having Dylan, obviously and I love music so much. It's rare that a band I really like comes to Oregon to play. Besides Blink, the GUK are my favorite band!

Also I know some of you have really been hoping I would see my family soon, so Moosmom, Carol and all those others who have been thinking of me I am happy to say that my family is coming here to visit for Spring Break! :D My mom, Denny, Tristan and Angilece will all be driving here to visit for a whole week. They are thinking of moving here so at that time I will get to show them around the area and they will be looking for a house to buy. They are going to be able to get a nice house, and there is one I am really hoping they like. It's 6 bedrooms, two bath, jacuzzi etc.

Then I am hoping to drive back to California with them and stay a week there so that I only have to pay for a ticket back. Then I can see my friends AND my father, who I really want to see. I am just so happy that Dylan can see my family and that they can see them, and hopefully possible get to know his aunt, uncle, grandma and grandpa.

I also want to go back for that week to see my older brother and my nephew Ethan. So hopefully I can save enough money to pay for a ticket back for Dylan and I. Keep your fingers crossed for me! :D

They will be here in only three weeks, and the nervousness has already set in. :p

trayi52
03-15-2004, 01:38 AM
Oh Cass, I am so excited for you! I think this is just what you need. A visit with your family. You have been away from them too long. I hope you have some fun and some much needed rest.

You go have fun, go to that concert and just noo worries! Oh I hope that little sweetie Dylan has oodles of fun too!

Willie:)

luckies4me
03-15-2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks Willie. :) I really am excited. I just hope they don't back out at the last minute.

I am already going crazy thinking of all the things I need to get done around the house before they come LOL. I have to get everything organized, get the carpets cleaned etc. :rolleyes: But I really am looking forward to it. I want to be able to show them all my pets and just how we live here in Oregon. I want to show them how better it is than California. :D

I'm just hoping I can go back with them so I can have a chance to see my father and friends. Even a week would be fine with me, so hopefully Dan has the extra money to pay for tickets. :)

Logan
03-15-2004, 11:16 AM
What great news, Cass! I am thrilled that you will finally have that visit with at least part of your family! Hope the plans go through for you to go back with them for a while too. Wouldn't that be wonderful??? :)